The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I think it's getting more complicated than what it really is. Even though it's one of the deepest divisions, the title picture is clear

Colby beats Lawler= most deserving to fight Usman
Jorge is slightly under and with a Colby loss, is clearly the rightful #1 contender
Leon wins tonight= driver seat for a #1 contender fight. Consecutive victories over Cowboy, Gunnar and RDA (culminating in an 8 fight win streak) imo proves that he's in the top contending tier

Till had no business fighting for the title, it should have been Colby's
Ben probably shouldn't have had the stock he had but being undefeated and a "talker" I understood exactly why he was in the position he was in

And Leon's split win over Gunnar was clearly not a "split", judges were being idiots

It’s gonna get funky with Nate/Pettis too.

Will be interesting if Lawler beats Colby what happens then. But Dana isn’t talking about or treating Colby like a clear #1.

I would like to see Lawler and Askren fight again at some point.

It’s gonna get funky with Nate/Pettis too.
Dana loving it, he can use all the contenders to leverage the next title challenger's purse down

"Oh, you don't want to take these terms? OK I'll call the two other contenders who will take the fight"

Next title challenger might just be the one who takes the least money

Dana loving it, he can use all the contenders to leverage the next title challenger's purse down

"Oh, you don't want to take these terms? OK I'll call the two other contenders who will take the fight"

Next title challenger might just be the one who takes the least money

Nate wins and him vs. Jorge is probably the divisions biggest draw.

Nate wins and him vs. Jorge is probably the divisions biggest draw.
Trust me I'd love to see that fight, but honestly I like contrast. They're so similar and probably wouldn't even do much to build the fight. I really hope Jorge gets the title shot because he deserves it should Colby lose to Lawler

Enjoy the fights, my brothers of the sword. JSS with the basura start to my night :smh:.
1055.JPG
1058.JPG
1059.JPG
1060.JPG

Pelican a brand of Fried Chicken? That is a box of goodness.

Ray Borg. I feel for dude. One thing I can say about the sport. Low pay but the fighters have heart. Big hearts. And courage.

I hope Leon gets the W tonight.

Just feels like the division needs some new blood.

A lot of the guys were discussing (in the UFC) have been in the same mix for a while other than Till and Askren who are both coming off loses.

I wonder what’s next for Maia. 2 wins in a row. After 3 loses to top dogs.

arlovski used to be a kill-or-be killed type guy :lol: 8 straight decisions is amazing

if you thought Alex won, cool. I disagree but cool. 30-27 though? he won every rd? word? did he land 3 shots in the 2n rd even1?!?! he got stalked/walked down all fight and left wearing it against a 40 yr old man.

I can see why you gotta put him over but **** with 30-27 at least make it believable Jeebus

if you thought Alex won, cool. I disagree but cool. 30-27 though? he won every rd? word? did he land 3 shots in the 2n rd even1?!?! he got stalked/walked down all fight and left wearing it against a 40 yr old man.

I can see why you gotta put him over but **** with 30-27 at least make it believable Jeebus
Trevor Wittman put it best, Hernandez over corrected from his Cowboy loss and was fighting like Holly Holm. Leaving strikes 2-3 inches short. I shouldn't have said robbery but still, I don't know if I buy any way Hernandez won

Back
Top Bottom