The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Bros. I hope that news is not true. Dude engaging in criminal behavior.

At least we got three fights with out of dude before he messed up again.

I mean there’s still a very real possibility that this is a false report. Not trying to be that guy, but he’s a famous athlete with a history of doing dumb ****. Easy target for something like this, especially in this era.

That being said, if this is actually true dude really is a dumb **** and deserves whatever punishment and or hate comes his way. It doesn’t sound like some wild left field stuff that he definitely wouldn’t do, wouldn’t be surprised at all if it happened. I won’t condemn him until all the facts come out though.

I'm the biggest (only) T-Wood homer in here

You not the only one, I'm right there with you. But I 100% agree. He got absolutely outclassed in that Marty fight. 1-2 GOOD wins should put him back in the title picture

Are ranking the line for title or where we feel these fighters fall in the WW grand scheme? I think TWood should be on both. There's no reason to leave him off IMO. He got dominated by Usman and needs a win or two, but I'd be hard pressed to say Leon, Jorge, and Colby are legitimately ahead of him in fighter rankings or title picture.

Also, who has ever fought Maia and made it a non-boring fight? If he doesn't choke them, it's going to decision everytime. I cant knock Woodley for doing the same thing that Silva did

I'll wait to hear more on this Jon '***** slapping' business.

I don’t get why it’s big deal to have Colby or Jorge ahead of woodley for a title shot

I mean, Dana scheduled woodley to fight lawler to begin with so clearly woodley is not in line for a title shot for his next bout

Get one good win and he’s right back in. Nobody ever thought woodley deserved an immediate rematch so I’m confused as to why we are saying that woodley is ahead of other contenders

I also believe that he needs a fight or two. I think most of my statement is predicated on the belief that Woodley is better fighter than both Colby and Jorge. But that's not title picture line, it's actual fighter ranking.
In the initial list you didn't have Wood at all in your rankings at all, but TBF you only really did C-#3. I personally think he's within that C-#3 spot.
  • C: Usman
  • 1: Jorge
  • 2. Wood
  • 3. Colby
  • 4. Leon
  • 5. WHOMEVER. There's so much talent here it's hard to say
If you were to expand that to #5 spot, who would be your next two?

IMO Colby is ahead by circumstance, not because I think he's the better fighter or more deserving. He's holding an interim that should have never even given out but that helps him lay claim.
I don't even have a real argument for Jorge, he's looked phenomenal. KO Askren the way he did deserves much attention.

I really want to see Woodley fight again to see if he's falling off or if Usman just had the right style to beat him. Man didn't win a single second of that fight.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of a single champ that took a comprehensive L like that to lose their belt and still came back to win a title in the same division. Plus he's 37. I'm thinking him putting more energy into his media transition is gonna take away from the remainder of his fighting career.

It might be the end of the road for him.

I never thought a wrestler would give him trouble, especially with his hands and the game plans he had against Maia and WB.

WW is super volatile. Things haven’t been stable since GSP. Everyone thought Woodley would dominate but maybe his fingers in rapping, movies, sports personality, TMZ, and being under appreciated may have played a role.

Besides Amanda (and possibly Valentina), we might not see a dominant title holder for awhile.

Jorge my guy but I feel like Colby has gotten screwed over quite a bit here like Ferg kind of has a LW.

Going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out after Nate/Pettis and Colby/Lawler as well.
Feel the winner of Colby/Lawler is in line for an interim title shot v Jorge until Usman is ready.

Really feel winner of this Diaz/Pettis fight sets up for a red panty night

It’s always a fun thought of one of the Diaz brothers being a ufc champion. Curious as to Dana’s feelings on granting him a shot

Well if Diaz finishes Pettis and then either gets the Conor fight or Twood (who I think would be a terrible matchup for Nate though) and wins impressively they would have almost no reason not to give him a shot. And this still while WW is as deep as it is right now. Colby (if he wins) and then Jorge are deserving of the next shots.

I am still waiting on the UFC Fight Night in San Francisco. I am hoping for one more good fight under the JJ VS Waterson fight.

I don't think this matchmaking would prove much for either guy. It's definitely protective match making for Ben though. Would like to see both of these guys matched up against strikers

Either one of them should have been matched up with Ponz

Dana smartened up HA

Askren vs Maia then next Askren vs Colby. That gets him thru another year without grave danger of Askren being decapitated

Kind of an underwhelming card on paper this weekend. I fully expect Max to TKO Frankie by the 3rd, Edgar has all the toughness but his time has passed and Max's speed should get the best of him. Also not too interested in the co-main though would be nice to see Felicia pull the upset and finish Cyborg.

This card definitely would have benefited from having the Colby-Lawler fight (scheduled for next Sat) as co-main.

Yeah. That card doing no numbers.

They stuck behind the ESPN+ pay wall and a lackluster card.

And has max shaken the effects of those tremendous blow from Dustin?

Max has great TDD. With Max’s height, reach, and volume, is there any legitimate game plan Frankie and team can devise?

Frankie is quick too man, with good movement, although he's not young anymore, might be slowing down. I'm guessing his gameplan is alot of movement, mixing in alot of takedowns with his boxing, trying to create scrambles. Basically anything besides trying to stand toe to toe with Max, if he's smart.

I think Max should win but it could be interesting, Frankie's a vet and Max is coming off a tough loss.

It didn’t work gains Diamond (maybe his skin hard) but if Max starts ratcheting up the volume rounds 3-4, it’s over.

Back
Top Bottom