The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

What's the realistic path for victory for Frankie... probably defensive movement and out pointing him. All the respect in the world for Frankie but this fight is not intriguing to me and the card is beyond trash

^agreed with trash card. Main event is all I want to watch. Cyborg going to win easily. I'm still watching the whole thing including early prelims though :lol:

^agreed with trash card. Main event is all I want to watch. Cyborg going to win easily. I'm still watching the whole thing including early prelims though :lol:
For some reason I feel like Cyborg is going to get choked out but we'll see. I hope Cyborg gets over her fear of losing and gets back to that rematch against Nunes.

ESPN keeps pushing this “did Max lose something against Dustin? Will he be the dominant Max we know against Frankie” narrative.

Just lol. They are just trying to sell this trash card. Yes it’s MMA anything can happen, but Max got this. The cardio and constant pressure of Max especially in the championship rounds will always be his advantage. His TDD will null Frankie’s wrestling and the striking department goes to Max as well.

I see max winning this the same way he won the Aldo fights

For some reason I feel like Cyborg is going to get choked out but we'll see. I hope Cyborg gets over her fear of losing and gets back to that rematch against Nunes.
Yeah i'm dying for that Cyborg Nunes rematch. If Nunes beats her again :sick:

ESPN keeps pushing this “did Max lose something against Dustin? Will he be the dominant Max we know against Frankie” narrative.

Just lol. They are just trying to sell this trash card. Yes it’s MMA anything can happen, but Max got this. The cardio and constant pressure of Max especially in the championship rounds will always be his advantage. His TDD will null Frankie’s wrestling and the striking department goes to Max as well.

I see max winning this the same way he won the Aldo fights
Agree with all this. Just feel still a little early to return after the Poirier fight. Have to see how he looks at weight ins first.

2 of my favorite fighters ever.
Rooting for Max though. i want him to stay on the path of potential GOATness. Frankie's passed that stage in his career

The main card has no ranked fighters outside of Max/Frankie :rofl:

I don't count Cyborg because I don't give a **** about that fake division that has like 3 fighters in it and then whichever 135er wants to moonlight on a given event

The main card has no ranked fighters outside of Max/Frankie :rofl:

I don't count Cyborg because I don't give a **** about that fake division that has like 3 fighters in it and then whichever 135er wants to moonlight on a given event

Could've been a great free card to bring more exposure. No way I'm paying for this card, I'll take the highlights.

Could've been a great free card to bring more exposure. No way I'm paying for this card, I'll take the highlights.
I may try to avoid social media and watch it in a different way tomorrow.

UFC needs to realize the PPV model is on life support. Outside of your 2-3 mega events across all combat sports per year I'm sure most ppvs aren't pulling in even 250k these days. If they did some $20 per month deal with ESPN+ and all the ppvs I might be in.

Lol at cats in here trying to give UFC business strategies. Trust me they're making plenty of dough regaurdless of who does and who does not buy their PPVs

Dana is fine and the UFC is more than good with ESPN in the fold. They may put out **** cards but the money is coming in on boats

They just opened up a new arena in Vegas and are supposedly going to put a fight card on every single night (not UFC obviously but some sort of combat event, including boxing)

UFC got so much clout they're even dipping their hand in boxing. The ESPN+ PPV thing might actually work in the long run, I'm not judging it right now because change takes time to get used to. Streaming is obviously taking over the market though

Lol at cats in here trying to give UFC business strategies. Trust me they're making plenty of dough regaurdless of who does and who does not buy their PPVs
I'm not giving them advise. They ain't listening nor did they solicit. I'm just not going to pay for it is all I'm trying to get at.

Last edited:
Figueriedo def broke his right hand. Shame. He was gunna ko this dude. Now this is gunna be a good scrap

Back
Top Bottom