The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

So wrong :lol:

“Let’s talk about the lesson we learned here tonight. It’s a lesson Robbie Lawler should have learned from Matt Hughes. You stay off the track when the train is coming through.”

Yeah that sandwich line got me lol. Kinda got the Woodley Usman vibes with Usman saying so many times he does everything that Colby does but better smh. Hope Usman gets his boxing game up man....

A part of me wants to see Jorge vs Colby tho for the belt.

Just watched the fight. Usman vs Covington would be an amazing match based on their wrestling and cardio. Colby probably has the boxing/volume advantage.

Though they were angel soft punches, Colby leveraged the volume to get into place to take down Lawler. He even let the fight stay on the feet rounds 3-5. Problem was the spacing. Colby’s pressure and being close prevented Robbie from really countering or getting started. Robbie probably should have thrown more body blows. Leg kicks are obviously a no no. Please keep Robbie way from Edwards, Covington, Askren, Woodley, etc. Way too many high level wrestlers in the WW top 10. I just wish Ponzinibio would get thrown in the mix.

Already know the Usman vs Colby buildup is gonna be so dissappointing with all the undertones.

That match was like Usman vs Woodley all over again though. Despite Culviy being a clown the Usman matchup is gonna be legit.

I could see them doing Usman vs Covington as a co headliner in November in NYC

It'll be interesting to see who they choose to headline

Jon Jones should be an option... and there's Conor lurking if they wanted to do a quick turn around on the winner of Pettis/Diaz or if he gets the balls to fight Tony

Think about that volume. And the fact that the cut was not reopened during the fight. Especially who he was fighting.

Colby was the big winner this weekend. Cyborg who? Eddie and Demetrius who? Jorge who?

That cut is such a non story Haha that wasn't as fresh as he claims we all saw the pre fight build up. It wasn't noticeable at all. U got split open weeks ago but the fight was in danger and you bravely pushed thru.... a cut. Good job Colby. Bravo

Back
Top Bottom