The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

If Jones said he'd move up and DC refused to fight him, then you could make that claim.

It was right there, especially when DC had the HW belt and Jones could have had both.

That's the whole point though. Bones doesn't truly have any intentions of moving up to HW. So he's making light of this fact in saying by the time Style Bender is ready to fight him he'll already move up.

Then what was the point of the "scared" talk? That's what I responded to.

DC actually went to Jones weight class with the intention of fighting him and did so twice.

Jones has yet to move up which is something I'm sure many of us would have liked to have seen already.

Whether it was for Stipe at the time. Or DC. Or Stipe now.

Don't even mention it then. Whole **** goofy.

DC didn't go to Jones' weight class to seek him out. DC went to Light Heavyweight because Cain, his teammate, was the champion at Heavyweight

Just because it's something you want to see him do, doesn't mean that he has to

DC didn't go to Jones' weight class to seek him out. DC went to Light Heavyweight because Cain, his teammate, was the champion at Heavyweight

Just because it's something you want to see him do, doesn't mean that he has to

But he did have the intention of fighting Jones. That is what I said, right?

If Jones is the champ and you're an elite fighter moving to his division, I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

And of course he doesn't HAVE to do it. We just stating the obvious now? :lol:

Whole **** goofy.

I want to see Jones have a rematch with Santos, a fight against Johnny Walker assuming his rise continues, and a fight against Stipe, before any business with Style Bender.

”You shouldn’t **** in your gym,” Jedrzejczyk said. “What (Covington) has done, it’s like pretty shady, you know? I really do not respect that. … I really don’t like it because we are all teammates.
”It was really not nice because even if I really like Khabib … I need to and I want to stick to my people and support them,” Jedrzejczyk continued.

“I saw how hard Dustin Poirier was training before the fight. The gym is very big. … We all are different, from different cultures, different countries, we all behave differently, we all have (a) different sense of humor. But the thing is you should support your teammates, it doesn’t matter if you like them or not. We represent one team, we represent the same colors, so we should support each other as much as we can.”

I’d like to see this and Izzy vs Costa

“I think… all of the above,” Cannonier said with a smile on his face. “I think a fight with Yoel Romero would put me right up there. He has gone 1-3 in his last four fights. Of course, they’ve been against champions or title contenders.

“Velasquez has informed the UFC of his intention to withdraw from the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) testing pool, effectively signaling his retirement from active MMA competition.”

Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez has been officially removed from both the USADA testing pool and the UFC rankings.

Dude literally no one wanted to watch DC and jones fight a THIRD time, at HW or LHW.....

3 TIMES?????? DC lost both fights man, why on earth would you fight someone you already beat twice?Regardless of the weight....

jon dont have to do **** at HW, yall just wanna see this dood loose. If i was jon i probably wouldn’t fight heavyweight either, after all the work you put in at LHW, you wanna go up for some meaningless HW fights and risk tainting your legacy? NAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dude gonna clean LHW AGAIN, and make it 3 GENERATIONS OF DOMINANCE. The old gaurd, his peers and the new generation all while being undefeated, Thats insane.

jon was doing his thing before most of the new casuals were following, they see these little runs like conor or stylebender and get easily impressed....

Why do Jon Jones fans have such a complex about DC. DC has a greater P4P legacy than Jones despite the head to head losses. Jones living in 205 forever will only get him so far. Once GSP fought at middleweight and won the belt (albeit, it was cherry picked), his p4p stock rose immensely.

DC was out there doing what Jon should have been doing when Jon was out because he was pissing hot and getting in trouble. DC cleared out 205 (outside of Jon) and moved back up and became heavyweight champ. He also was undefeated at heavyweight and didn't lose until he came down to LHW and fought jones. Obviously this has changed due to losing to Stipe but you cant ignore how great he was/is at heavyweight.

The whole DC is scared thing.......DC moved down, fought him twice.....does that make him scared? DC moved out of his comfort zone, came down in weight, and fought Jon. While Jon isn't willing to reciprocate. Jon has been on the record saying that his greatest chance of losing is against DC at heavyweight. I never agree with calling any fighter scared, especially sitting behind a keyboard when i personally havent been in a real fight since high school.

DC is towards the end of his career and I hate how much Jon fans disrespect him for really no reason. Jones biggest wins of his career are against DC and if anything the better DC does, the better Jon looks.

Jones BEEN scared of the HW division so all this barking at Izzy makes him look like a lame. Been talking about going to heavyweight for years and hasn't done it, fall back and let the new guy get his shine bruh.

Izzy is undersized and still has work to do at 185. Meanwhile light heavy has BEEN cleared and Bones is decisioning former middleweights and waiting on green prospects like Johnny Walker :smh:

Somehow my brother ended up watching the fights at raging al’s sister’s house. Everybody knows everybody on long island.

lol damn yall hard to appease.

WILDIN’ I always gave DC his props, he’s the 2nd baddest dude on the planet.....

But just to be clear LHW >>> HW

The skill level, athleticism, and speed at LHW is nuts man.....its like full grown lightweights going at it.

And Jones IS salty about izzy’s rise, its obvious...it would be a huge fight, could be MASSIVEEEEE but im not sure the timing is there.

Jones is on his way out, SB is on the rise....its a tough call because if they were to fight now, Jones would be heavily favored to win and the UFC dont wanna stop the Stylebender hype train (sheeet me either) but if you wait a year or 2, let izzy get some more octagon XP + put on some size....jones will be older and longer in the tooth...risking their the undefeated streaks in the process....

i think the UFC should strike while the iron is hot....

Paulo is a tough fight, SB easily the favorite but its just a dangerous fight....

SIMILAR TO CONOR/MAX....you let him GO UP and challenge for 205, if he wins he becomes the goat killer, cements his place in history and becomes an even BIGGER star.....

if he looses, he looses...everyone has lost to jones so far, no big deal, he goes back down puts a beating on Paulo and starts to work on clearing his divison.....something conor never did

Stylebender got mad options, he's sitting in a seat very similar where conor was after he beat Aldo...

I like SB and think he could be a big star. However, the Conor, Silva, GSP comparisons are premature IMO. I'd say have him fight Paulo and if he wins impressively they could then think about setting up the JJ fight mid to late 2020.

Too premature to compare him to any GOAT eg Conor, GSP, Khabib, Silva, JBJ, DC, etc.

Izzy is undefeated (in MMA). And his ascension has been quick to the top of MW. He’s been very impressive.

But he needs a body of work.

Canooneer (sp) vs Yoel would be crazy.

And I respect Hooker not calling out Cowboy after he got knocked out by Justin Gaethje. Looks like it’s Felder.

Came out swinging at the goat

“My confidence? Get my ****ing nuts out of your mouth,” Adesanya said (via MMAMania). “This guy is trying to force my hand. I’m not stupid. It’s not about me not being confident. I will **** this mother****er up when I fight him.

“I just have to do what I have to do,” he continued. “I have to defend my belt. I just defended my belt and I am the new unified king. I have three or four more killers I have to **** up at middleweight first. And then I will move up in weight. And then I will jump up and **** this guy up. I plan everything from the jump. I have shown everyone that this is what I am going to do and how I am going to do it. I already said Raiders Stadium, Las Vegas in 2021,” he added while pointing out that Jon Jones is suddenly talking about moving up to 265 pounds now that Daniel Cormier is retiring.

“And he is contradicting himself because he says, ‘I think I’m alright here (at light heavyweight) I’m not going to move up to heavyweight. Why do I have to go up? I don’t have to fight ‘DC’ at heavyweight.’ Now ‘DC’ is retiring and now he might move up to heavyweight,” Israel Adesanya said.

“He’s just contradicting himself and trying to take my moment. You can’t even **** with me right now, dude. Look at me! Who the **** is the new face of UFC? Do you think Jon Jones can ever pull some **** like that? I saw him with that bull**** as Nelly entrance when he did the electric slide. You can’t **** with me on anything.”

Israel Adesanya continued by claiming Jon Jones was jealous of his success.

“He is jealous. He sees the freshman that is ****ing taking all the shine. He sees the new dog in the yard. And they are intimidated and jealous and they do not know how to act,” he added while saying at the end of the day, Jones is a fan.

“He’s a fan and he’s always been a fan. But, he just tries to do what he does and, just wait your turn. I am not going to be one of these guys who doesn’t defend his belt. I am going to defend my belt actively. I am not going to be like him and fight twice a year. Let me defend my belt, then I will move up and **** him up.”

The skill level, athleticism, and speed at LHW is nuts man.....its like full grown lightweights going at it.
Absolutely!
LW-MW proabably the best balance between skill, athleticism, KO power and most important stamina.

I often can't stand watching HW fights outside the top5. They are often tired and sloppy praying they find a chin first. Word De Castro.

Paulo is a tough fight, SB easily the favorite but its just a dangerous fight....

if he looses, he looses...everyone has lost to jones so far, no big deal, he goes back down puts a beating on Paulo and starts to work on clearing his divison.....something conor never did
I disagree with this point, I'd much rather SB prove himself and develop as others have said. Jones is a steep hill to climb. Not baby steps to it, but lets not rush him to running a marathon either.

Stylebender got mad options, he's sitting in a seat very similar where conor was after he beat Aldo...
And SB will actually fight after winning the belt.

Too premature to compare him to any GOAT eg Conor, GSP, Khabib, Silva, JBJ, DC, etc.
I will never understand why he gets put into GOAT convos. He had a metoric rise and an amazing star. Beat one of my GOATS in the process. But beating a GOAT doesn't make you one IMO.
1 and done'rs I have little respect for. It's like coming to play pickup, winning once, leaving and then telling everyone that you're the best thing they've ever seen. In fact, they're lucky to have even played you. Sounds a lot like the Ball father.

“He’s just contradicting himself and trying to take my moment. You can’t even **** with me right now, dude. Look at me! Who the **** is the new face of UFC? Do you think Jon Jones can ever pull some **** like that? I saw him with that bull**** as Nelly entrance when he did the electric slide. You can’t **** with me on anything.”
He gotta chill, that Ray Lewis Ravens intro was too hype.

I really like johnny but damn he a baby in the game, has he made it to a 3rd round in the UFC?

Im hoping weidman gets past reyes so that can set up that jones fight, i remember chris calling out jones while he was still champ, he wanted to fight jon at the first MSG card. Would be nice to see jon finally hammer the last nail in the coffin for weidman.

for years I wanted to see rockhold and jones fight but luke just cant get out his own way, crazy.

lol damn yall hard to appease.

WILDIN’ I always gave DC his props, he’s the 2nd baddest dude on the planet.....

And Jones IS salty about izzy’s rise, its obvious...it would be a huge fight, could be MASSIVEEEEE but im not sure the timing is there.

Jones is on his way out, SB is on the rise....its a tough call because if they were to fight now, Jones would be heavily favored to win and the UFC dont wanna stop the Stylebender hype train (sheeet me either) but if you wait a year or 2, let izzy get some more octagon XP + put on some size....jones will be older and longer in the tooth...risking their the undefeated streaks in the process....

SIMILAR TO CONOR/MAX....you let him GO UP and challenge for 205, if he wins he becomes the goat killer, cements his place in history and becomes an even BIGGER star.....

I disagree with the statement that Jon’s on his way out. If anything, he’s looked better than ever. It was just last year that he finished Gus

I disagree with the statement that Jon’s on his way out. If anything, he’s looked better than ever. It was just last year that he finished Gus

Lol huh?

Gus been washed. And Jon just went to a split decision with a former middleweight who injured his leg halfway through the fight and still made it the distance. Some folks argue Santos deserved the decision even.

I still think Jon is too big and too strong and his wrestling is too legit for Israel to have a real chance anytime soon, but Jon looking better than ever lately is far from the truth

Reactions: OTG
Back
Top Bottom