The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Justin should be next after Tony and he shouldn't have to fight again for that
I'd agree with this but if the Tony/Khabib fight doesn't take place until April we're looking at a lengthy break if Khabib wins which could be around Sept.

I'd like to see the Dustin/Gaethje rematch but not next for either.

Makes sense

“They’re fighting for the spot to fight me,” Masvidal told Yahoo Sports when asked about Usman and Covington. “I’m the ticket at 170 pounds. I’m going to go and get the biggest, best and toughest fights.

“So it’s looking like we might fight Nick Diaz next, it’s looking like it might be Conor McGregor, obviously those fights come first because of the paycheck and everything it brings while these guys are settling the dust between the hugging championships.”

Ariel missed out on both the Conor announcement and this one

Okamoto the new
Brett used to host 5 Rounds and was a direct competitor to the old MMA Hour and Ariel’s tweets.

It’s clear ESPN needed to add more legitimacy and personalities to bolster its operations with the addition of the UFC (and now PFL).

I’m sure Ariel had knowledge. He’s in an I made it chair so there’s no need to get every scoop unless he’s jumping ship to Fox or whatever.

Brett used to host 5 Rounds and was a direct competitor to the old MMA Hour and Ariel’s tweets.

It’s clear ESPN needed to add more legitimacy and personalities to bolster its operations with the addition of the UFC (and now PFL).

I’m sure Ariel had knowledge. He’s in an I made it chair so there’s no need to get every scoop unless he’s jumping ship to Fox or whatever.

espn putting him to work. think he was doing some nba coverage earlier in the season, not sure if that's still happening

Ariel said Conor’s plan is

1. Cowboy
2. Jorge or Nate
3. Khabib

i think he gets to jump ahead of the line regardless of what outcomes play out
if he goes 3-0... but can easily be 0-3 :lol:

Last edited:
espn putting him to work. think he was doing some nba coverage earlier in the season, not sure if that's still happening

Ariel’s trying parlay the ESPN gig to expand to other sports and entertainment. He was on a few ESPN NBA pre and post shows with Peter Rosenberg.

Revisit this soon

That’s why he’s already reconciled in his head that he’ll have to do it twice.

“Absolutely. I look forward to the rematch,” Reyes told MMA Fighting ahead of the announcement that he will face Jones in February. “I’m already planning the rematch in Cowboy Stadium. That’s already in the works.

“I already know what’s going to happen. I’m going to beat him, it’s not going to be enough. Perfect, let’s do it in Cowboy Stadium except this time it’s my pay-per-view.”

Revisit this soon

That’s why he’s already reconciled in his head that he’ll have to do it twice.

“Absolutely. I look forward to the rematch,” Reyes told MMA Fighting ahead of the announcement that he will face Jones in February. “I’m already planning the rematch in Cowboy Stadium. That’s already in the works.

“I already know what’s going to happen. I’m going to beat him, it’s not going to be enough. Perfect, let’s do it in Cowboy Stadium except this time it’s my pay-per-view.”

dude has fought on the main card of a ppv once let’s calm down.

dude has fought on the main card of a ppv once let’s calm down.

Weidman had never fought on a main card of a PPV before he fought Anderson and he was saying essentially the same thing.

Not sure why people get upset over professional athletes having confidence in themselves.

So Conor/Cowboy is at 170?

Why? Conor popped off about the Jan 18 maybe a month ago and probably had an idea of who he was going to fight.

Ariel’s trying parlay the ESPN gig to expand to other sports and entertainment. He was on a few ESPN NBA pre and post shows with Peter Rosenberg.
For sure. Its a two way street. It allows for Ariel to develop and potentially move on. Its also a way for espn to expose more people to MMA by having "the mma guy" on a "regular" sports show. Not only does it expose them to it but it helps reaffirm MMA's legitimacy as a sport.

Alot of people still view MMA as a violent bloodsport vs mixed martial arts.

Back
Top Bottom