The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Dustins’s resume is BULLETPROOF and to think this man has NEVER dropped 2x straight.

aside from going undefeated, not dropping 2 in a row with a a run like that is incredibly impressive.

yoooooo this dood conor showed up to fight island ON A YACHT?????:wow::rofl:

C9564852-65E1-47DA-BAF8-0E8A5F4BF133.gif

He had absolutely no answer for Chiesa, holy ****. Mike's stand up has improved, but don't see him out powering Usman in the clinch, or giving Burns problems. Think he can beat Colby, and Masvidal tho. Love that call out.

Count dan hardy as another who says oliveria is the worthy opponent for khabib. Thomson said the same thing earlier in the week

Conor v oliveria or gaethje is my hope if conor beats dustin

[youtube kid]I don’t know, call me crazy....always had big respect for khabib but I prefer a new champion.

he was just so dominant, it’s tuff to get excited for a khabib fight. You already know what’s going to happen. The allure of going undefeated was his ticket but now that he’s punched that ticket....

Me personally, I would love to see khabib move up for a legit challenge if he wanna come back. No one at 55 got anything for this dood and he know it. Coming back for small fry like oliveria ain’t worth the squeeze man

khabib vs usman would be a FIGHT, khabib vs colby, masvidal any of the top 5 would be BANGERS and could further cement khabibs dominance. A win over Olivera does nothing for him realistically.

guys wanna gives jones slack for not moving up to HW, but no one wanna do the same for khabib[/youtube kid]

Conor vs Oliveria, Justin or Max. Let's get it done Dana

“I thought it was a solid performance,” McGregor said (via MMA Junkie). “He fought an up-and-comer; he done well. I was actually doing an interview and he skateboarded by the window. I was like, ‘Is that Max Holloway?’ He’s obviously hanging around, and fair play to him. He’s definitely in the pipeline for a bout against me. I would happily rematch Max, and after a performance like that, he’s put himself right up there.

“He’s a tall lad,” McGregor added, clarifying that a Holloway rematch would have to occur at lightweight, rather than featherweight. “He’s taller than me, so he could build up. He’s only fought at 155 once. It was against Dustin. He was a bit out-powered, but he could certainly do it. Against other lightweights? You never know. But the rematch would be 155, for sure.”

“He’s not the best boxer,” McGregor said of Holloway. “It’s no question, and I’ll prove that on (Saturday). Let’s see what he says Sunday morning.”

Don't see him coming back this year but being retired forever? Still would bet he returns at least once when there's a real challenger who emerges

“I have achieved almost everything in this sport and there isn’t someone I would like to fight now,” Nurmagomedov told Sport24 after his meeting with White (via MMA Mania). “A lot of people don’t want to understand my side. I don’t see that yet. I train for myself. If we talk about all my business projects that are planned, fights are not in these plans.”

In this new interview, Nurmagomedov emphasized that he doesn’t intend to go against his mother’s wishes, and is instead hoping to focus on helping his training partners, like his cousin Umar Nurmagomedov, who picked up a win at UFC Fight Island 8 on Wednesday.

“My mother is the most precious thing I have left,” Nurmagomedov said. “You won’t push me to do things that will disappoint my mother. I don’t even have plans for UFC in the near future. I don’t even have any thoughts about preparing for a fight. I saw how Umar was preparing now and I thought, Alhamdulillah (praise be to God) I left it behind.”

MMA really is reaching a pretty big place. The outlets covering these events are outstanding. Like every single day each outlet has tons of content, quality content. There's some overlap but for the most part each provide a unique angle or take

There's tons of podcasts, YT content and of course there's still the UFC machine putting out their own stuff. I hardly even watch the Countdown's anymore since there's so much other coverage now

I remember when it was only like Ariel and the Countdowns/Embedded's for event coverage/buildup. Seems like so long ago but that was probably only like 5 years back

5 AM here in the west... looks like I'll have to catch the replay lol. Hoping to wake up to some one liners though

"Watch the UFC 257: Poirier vs. McGregor 2 Pre-fight Press Conference live on Thursday, Jan. 21 at 8am ET / 5am PT on MMAWeekly.com."

Back
Top Bottom