The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I know it won’t happen and it isn’t the right time considering Izzy shouldn’t go back up in weight class. But Izzy and Jiri would be a dream matchup. Izzy lost to Jan on the ground, and although Jiri is also light-heavy he seems to strongly prefer keeping the fight standing. Both care about putting on a stylish fight and have their Asian martial artist swagger. Jiri has no defense and Adesanya puts on clinics with his strikes.

Last edited:
Lmao delusional Italian cat really thought he won.

My cousin goes now we know why his nickname is the Italian dream
Vettori after the fight was over

E3vRtAeWYAkrW0l

Izzy shouldn’t move up to LHW for right now. Net a few more defenses. Don’t let Eugene sell you that bs. Izzy will probably never catch Silva’s record. But let’s see if another contender emerges.

And I think Jiri would hopefully target Izzy’s mid section and legs. Marvin had bad strategy and is a delusional fool.

Chael is crazy saying the fight was closer than 50-45 unless he means Izzy should have been docked points for the eye poke and low blow.

That wasn’t a close fight. Worst case it was 49-46. But nah. Vettori didn’t do much with his take downs. On the feet, he didn’t do much. Second round is the only questionable round since Marvin took him down and probably had him pinned for two minutes. However, he didn’t do any real damage. Then Izzy got out of it.

I wish I could say the same. It’ll be interesting to see if Conor makes enough adjustments and has the grit and determination to hang with Diamond.

But I wish both were pursuing other challenges like Porier/Olivera. McGregor/Chandler or Gaethje.

**** Chandler, thinking he could just go from AA to the big league and run thru all his opponents.

Welcome to reality.

Anyone noticed how the ref raised izzy’s arm and Dana went to put on the belt to him before buffer even said “and still...”?

Dislocated. They popped it back in place.

And that was a lackluster main event. Not an indictment on Izzy. Though he hasn’t had a KO in his last two fights.
Izzy dominated but felt like he fought down to the competition. Lets get the rematch signed

Marvin ain't even deserved this fight if we're being honest. Only got gifted the shot because Rob couldn't fight til the fall. Like it's been said in here before it's
Izzy
Rob

..then the rest of the MW division

Happy for Moreno. Had a feeling he was going to pull it off. Figgy needs to stop playing around and bring his big *** on up to BW. He's not getting any younger and could really hurt himself doing these weight cuts.

If they do Usman/Covington 2, Leon should fight Masvidal in the UK and nowhere else.

Fig will also hurt himself moving up to 135…he’s in a lose lose situation imo. Imagine him having to fight Sterling, Yan, Sandhagen or any of those top 10 guys.

"One of Brandon Moreno's corners, Marcelo Rojo, apologizes. He claims he didn’t think it was racist to use a monkey Instagram filter on pictures of Deiveson Figueiredo."

Screenshot_20210614-091358_Gallery.jpg

Marcelo Rojo is Argentinian. If you know the history of "Germain Argentina" this will come as no surprise at all...

"One of Brandon Moreno's corners, Marcelo Rojo, apologizes. He claims he didn’t think it was racist to use a monkey Instagram filter on pictures of Deiveson Figueiredo."

Screenshot_20210614-091358_Gallery.jpg

Marcelo Rojo is Argentinian. If you know the history of "Germain Argentina" this will come as no surprise at all...
Truly bizarre that not many people know about literal ex-Nazis living in Argentina. Seems like it should be big news

Watched the 263 main card last night. Something seemed off about Figgy in that fight. I was wondering if he took rd.1 off while watching but either the cut really got to him or he actually was shook after that hard shot he took, Moreno did look great though and happy to see him get the title. Man after Leon was clearly getting the better of Nate for four and a half rounds Nate clips him with little over a minute left, he had him doing a dance and could have finished Leon if he didn't do that taunt, another minute and he likely would have finished Leon. That said Nate's stock remains high and it could set up the Conor trilogy regardless if Conor gets the dub in the Poirier fight.

Vettori really didn't have much for Izzy save for that time he tried to take his back. Fight was one of those where Izzy just cruised though, I was starting to doze off in that last round, it was a long card too though lol. Izzy does have a tendency to just cruise sometimes though and get comfortable knowing he has the fight won. The rematch with Whittaker is really the only fight that makes sense now though, hoping they are able to do it in Australia.

Truly bizarre that not many people know about literal ex-Nazis living in Argentina. Seems like it should be big news

Secret in plain sight.

I remember few years back we had a guy from Argentina come to our gym to train every few month. He was born and raised there,real cool dude. I was curious if all I had heard about was true and of the level of racism there. I asked him if there are black people there,he said no then corrected himself and said yes there are black visitors. I then asked him if there are any "black Argentinians". He looked puzzled and answered that in his his country, HE is black. I swear to you, the man is the same complexion as Dominic Cruz. When he said that, I understood everything and changed the subject.

Last edited:

This should be a good scrap, if Vicente is able to keep it standing he has the upper hand. Winner of this one could be one more fight away from a shot. There is kind of a logjam for the WW title now with Colby supposedly getting next crack, then you have Leon and Wonderboy potentially up for consideration if he beats Burns.

Back
Top Bottom