The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

It stood out to me how emotional Aljo was. Knowing everything that went down I think it isn't a bad thing I think he's just ultra focused at the task at hand

By all accounts he's prepped and ready as he'll ever be in the physical prime of his career

I do expect a great fight, could go to the score cards. I still expect Yan to come out on top though which says a lot about the caliber fighter he is

Aljo is a legit top 2-3 in the best division in MMA

I was about to drop a N bomb at how emaciated Khamzat looked and how it took every iota of his being to talk.

And Aljo is definitely top 3 BW.

I was high on Aljo after the Sandhagen win and was questioning why Yan was gifted a title shot off a win of Old Man Faber and was pitted against a declining Aldo who lost a narrow decision to Moraes. But after the Aldo, Aljo and Sandhagen fights, Petr is a beast. He DOES start slow. So Aljo can definitely get rounds 1-2. He’d just have to steal one more and he could win.

I'm pulling for aljo, but Petr is such a steep hill to overcome. I 'd just like to see everyone with the Oscar award jokes jaw drops if sterling pulls it off.

Predictions:
Dern > Torres
Khamzat > Burns
Yan > Aljo
Volk > Zombie

Really want to see Zombie pull it off but just don't see an avenue to that happening

Just bet Burns to beat Khamzat and also did a parlay bet with Burns and Aljo winning
For some reason, I feel like these also are the only upsets I can see happening. Dern should be able to wrap Tecia and Tecia literally has no knock out power as most of her wins are from decision. I do like Zombie but I agree with Volk that he is on another level. Khamzat legit scares me but for some reason, I am not counting Burns out. Same with Aljo. Yan was winning that fight but there is a small chance he can win.

This is why I love this sport. You never know. Can't wait till tomorrow.

For some reason, I feel like these also are the only upsets I can see happening. Dern should be able to wrap Tecia and Tecia literally has no knock out power as most of her wins are from decision. I do like Zombie but I agree with Volk that he is on another level. Khamzat legit scares me but for some reason, I am not counting Burns out. Same with Aljo. Yan was winning that fight but there is a small chance he can win.

This is why I love this sport. You never know. Can't wait till tomorrow.

Yeah i'm pretty pumped for the card tomorrow.

I've never gambled but if I was a gambler, MMA is probably the only sport I wouldn't touch. It only takes one shot

You definitely are on a roller coaster of emotions betting on MMA

During an appearance on The Pat McAfee Show, White revealed the promotion already is theorizing Chimaev’s next matchup if he beats Burns at UFC 273 – and that’s former UFC welterweight title challenger Colby Covington.

“I think if Khamzat Chimaev wins this weekend, we see him and Colby Covington next,” White said. “… So I have a fight coming up on ABC. In a perfect world, if everything plays out right, I would love to do Khamzat vs. Colby (there) if Khazmat should win on Saturday night.”

I've never gambled but if I was a gambler, MMA is probably the only sport I wouldn't touch. It only takes one shot
That one dude who won the 28-leg parlay I think would be like doing DMT on a roller coaster after drinking a bottle of Casamigos and eating a plate of level 10 hot wings.

Just bet Burns to beat Khamzat and also did a parlay bet with Burns and Aljo winning
Not bad bets. This has all the makings of spoiler night with Khamzat being unproven and people disrespecting Aljo and Zombie skills. I still think Khamzat pulls it off…wouldn’t be shocked if he gets ko’d or submitted tho.

Mike Bohn made a good point on Yan- he's literally never been beat due to the actual fight, his losses are because he was caught doing illegal techniques. In both of those losses he was arguably winning.. other than that his wins have been pretty convincing

In 18 fights, that's pretty crazy regardless of anything

I'm trying to see how many times he's actually been knocked down

Back
Top Bottom