The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

It’s a gamble having someone fight the same person three times (unless their name is Alex Pereira).

Pacheco definitely wasn’t a can. She was a legit 155 and decent striker. From the P2P, Sounds like she worked on her wrestling/grappling.

It is wild they don’t allow elbows but it’s probably due to the season schedule. But how do you bar it for the season (across like six fights) and then allow it in the finals?

This how you take your loss like a man.

Israel Adesanya should be taking notes.

…and I don’t even like Kayla Harrison.

I was listening to Ariel. She said it was her best camp. But there was a health scare she had this year that she didn’t want to discuss and that it was a real bad year for her.

Part of me is like…why run it back? You already beat old girl two times. Are we just doing it because she eked out a close victory and you want to say ya beat her 3-1?

Much props to Larissa. I saw Cyborg low key shade Kayla/PFL.

Not saying Cyborg can’t beat Kayla. But it’s an intriguing match up. Kayla is bigger. Probably has the better wrestling and has her judo experience. She also trains at ATT. The only thing is the last time we saw Cyborg lose was when she tried to engage in that gun fight with Amanda (which is hilarious since Amanda lost to Julia by engaging in that gun fight).

Much respect to Kayla on how she took the L.

No need to run it back a fourth time, build up the other girl now and please go get the cyborg/Kayla fight done next year

Bro the audio clips sound more hilarious on Reddit.

He’s got a tweet and two audio recordings. My man lost it. Sad seeing that bond being broken.

Last edited:
I wish Conor did Cameo. I would pay money for him to do a video messages all day.

I feel like the Stephen Thomson could be his last. He is 39 after all. Looking forward to the Ribas and Cortez fight too.

Thirty nine is old in MMA years. He hasn’t seem as untouchable as his ascent to his title fight against Woodley. His style is based on quickness, counter striking, quick reflexes.

Holland has solid striking and is younger. Should be interesting if it’s a passing of the torch or WB clutching that top 10 spot? How is WB still #6 when Neal beat him 😂

steevoo1 steevoo1 all repped by Ali so not surprised whatsoever

These MMA dudes man, jfc.

I’ve seen it covered by Morning Kombat and separately on Luke Thomas’ Q&A. Ariel might quickly raise it during his show.

It seems taboo to discuss combat sports to organized crime or human rights violators. The Fury’s have literally gotten into hot water for their underworld ties. The younger couldn’t come to the US to fight Jake Paul.

Some of Kadyrov’s “guests” have been Frankie Edgar, Usman, Khamzat, Khabib, Werdum, etc. The UFC uses his MMA organization as a “feeder” like CFFC, Cage Warriors, etc.

NYT: Some U.F.C. Fighters Have Ties to a Chechen Leader Loyal to Putin

Bloody Elbow, which does not have any press credentials for covering a UFC event, is the only MMA outlet that covers the issue. John Morgan, ESPN, etc ain’t touching it with a 12-foot pole.

What’s the “reason” Bloody Elbow isn’t allowed a press pass by the UFC? I remember the Dana/Ariel drama but don’t know the Bloody Elbow bit.

Good question. I remember the UFC/Sherdog situation.

I also remember Ariel “breaking” the Brock at UFC 200 news and getting his credentials pulled and banned. He says he’s not “banned.” But there was definitely pettiness from Dana even during the ESPN days. Notice the UFC never promoted DC and Ariel, Ariel and the Bad Guy, or Ariel’s show. They do promote RC and DC.

I never see major interviews or coverage from the events by Bloody Elbow. I’d you look at their stories, it’s wild. They’re the only ones covering controversial topics like the Ali Act, Fighter Pay, the Kadryov ties, etc.

UFC will literally take away your credentials if you don’t reflect them in a positive light.

Bjorn. Dana. Criminal Conor. Ali. The shady MMA Managers. It’s part of the sport.

It’s definitely difficult not to get frustrated with the shady parts of the business…but meanwhile a WNBA player is decrying the pay in their league.

But I never pay for the PPVs.

Back
Top Bottom