The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat i did not watch the first Edwards/Eblen fight. But from what I know, Edwards weakness is take downs which Eblen can probably exploit. I’m not sure when that fight is supposed to happen (they seem to only have eight cards and sort of figured out the schedule).

I respect Garry. Colby isn’t an easy fight (despite his last fight against Leon). You’d think the WB or MVP fights would be easier especially considering their ages.

Didn't Edwards destroy Eblen's face? I'm pretty sure it was close to being stopped or at least that it was gruesome

Eblen went on to get knocked down by Impa in his last fight... rallied to keep the belt

I thought the fight was gonna get called had Eblen not got the finish in whatever round they were in.

Payton Talbott is a got damn monster. Holy **** that man walked through Saaimon with ease. He's going to be a problem in the division.

^^^Didnt watch Bite Night. Any stand out fights?
Edmen got clipped but came back with his own hammer to salvage the W

I’m pretty sure he’s still trash but he’s only 26 and away from edmon going to extreme

I was planning to stay up for rose assuming the hw fight would be a finish but alas it went to decision

By the time Rose walked out I was gone

But I also knew it prob go to decision too so I’m not really clamoring to rewatch. I’ve never found Rose to be particularly captivating despite being champ. I actually think she’s not all that great but that’s ok

Rose was just sticking and moving for 25. A couple of take downs and scrambles. She obviously had no intention of taking any risks. Ribas was throwing spinning back fists that were like 12 feet away from landing. But she was trying to press a little bit and was moderately successful with her judo. It was a pretty lame main event all in all.

^^^Didnt watch Bite Night. Any stand out fights?
Zalal and Talbott are the stand outs who I think will eventually make their way to the rankings. There's been talks about how much Zalal improved since getting cut. That he's been running through the guys at factory X lately and it really showed the way he ran through Billy Q.

Talbott looks like the real deal. It's not only that he ran through Saaimon but the way he set his traps and executed. Man's also big, athletic, and has real power for a BW. This was the first time I saw the O'Malley comparisons that were being made on his come up.

What I learned about Rose throughout her career is that Pat Berry is trash as a coach. She was always just a solid fighter, nothing more nothing less but Trevor Whitman really elevated her to reach her peak.
ADVERTISEMENT​
Was he her coach for her two championship runs?

I was going to say I don’t remember how she lost the belt the first time but it was she got bounced on her head by Jessica. And then second time she stunk up the place against a lesser opponent.

Now she’s ditched her Boutique coach who only takes a handful of clients to get advice/coaching from her pedofile bumbling husband?

She already lost to the #2. Could she beat Barber, Blanchfield, or Valentina? I think she can be top five though.

ADVERTISEMENT​
Was he her coach for her two championship runs?

I was going to say I don’t remember how she lost the belt the first time but it was she got bounced on her head by Jessica. And then second time she stunk up the place against a lesser opponent.

Now she’s ditched her Boutique coach who only takes a handful of clients to get advice/coaching from her pedofile bumbling husband?

She already lost to the #2. Could she beat Barber, Blanchfield, or Valentina? I think she can be top five though.
Think Whittman went from head coach to 2nd for the 2nd Weili fight and Carla. Then he hasn't been there at all for the last 2.

Rose is just too small to compete with the top of 125. Ribas, a natural 115er was walking through her punches. Blanchfield and Macy would bully her in there.

Was listening to the MMA fighting post show and they made a good point about Rose still potentially getting Blanchfield ahead of Shev-Grasso 3 since that fight won't be until Sept or so. Rose has the name still so it also wouldn't surprise to see them fill out a fight night with her again.

In the pre fight show the mmafighting guys had the audacity to say rose could still get the title shot over blanchfield/fiorot winner if rose got a good W over ribas

That would be so horrendous

Back
Top Bottom