The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Ferguson messed up by not getting on the mic though...

keeping it G after the biggest win of your career>>>>>>>

he did all the talkin in the octagon....hes next.

wow amazing fight

really diggin what Tony is doing....dood is self built, ground up...probably initially got signed to the UFC to be a punching bag....has been the underdog most his fights and hes won 9 straight now....very impressive run. No big fancy camp, no big name coach or training partners, no promotion, hes just accepting any fight and running through doods.....true bushido right there. mad respect.

Last edited:
I hope he gets the title shot for sure. He deserves it man. I just wanted him to make sure he does everything he can to put himself in that position outside of fighting. Knowing Dana clown ***, you can't be sure if you earn a title shot simply through your fights. I found it a bit strange that he literally didn't even say more than a few words

I can't wait for the embeddeds for 205. There's a show on tonight for 205 on FS1 and then a Countdown tomorrow

Last edited:
^ I feel you....

I believe hes got some pretty decent sound bytes calling out mcgregor and alvarez from previous interviews so I think the groundwork is there for promotion either way.

and yeah like someone said seeing how khabib has only fought 2 times (1 dood was a dtraight can/unknown) in the last 3 years theres no way he gets it....

plus I think ppl would much rather see tony stand and bang than khabib grapple **** someone for 5 rounds

Last edited:
At this point, Khabib just gets the short straw.. even if he beats Johnson impressively I'd still give it to Tony

The Tony from last night IMO would give Khabib all he can handle.. Tony's wrestling is solid, he's so damn well rounded. Just has to tuck that chin more but I doubt he'll ever change that lol

^Since Tony seems to not give a **** about the title shot anyway, they might as well match those two up again if Khabib gets past Johnson.

I kinda got a feeling Johnson is gonna give Khabib some problems though. Those hands plus very solid TDD, it's gonna be interesting.

RDA not looking like the terminator anymore. And still surprised Ferg won so soundly, especially after getting hurt and dropped the way he did in his last fight, crazy.

Regardless, if Conor wins this Saturday tho neither Ferg nor Khabib are getting a title shot, Conor Diaz 3 gonna be on the way

Either that or I think even one of the guys at 145 is more of a marquee match up than Khabib or Ferguson.

Man I just wanna see the Conor Aldo rematch before Aldo loses a step, but I'm almost giving up on that at this point :smh: Somehow it's just not gonna come together in time.

And yeah, Tony might have just the slightest chance, but Khabib is definitely last place in the line to fight McGregor.

I'd like to see the other ufc champs decide they don't want to defend their belts. Take a dump on the ufc for once.

Interesting, the UFC will have a UFC Fight Night in Houston one night before the Super Bowl (which is also in Houston)

First time they've done this....

On paper I feel like this isn't a good idea lol

Interesting, the UFC will have a UFC Fight Night in Houston one night before the Super Bowl (which is also in Houston)

I like it. Happens in wrestling all the time. Poach all the people who will be traveling there for the game. Gives them something to do Saturday night.

Garry Tonnon winning the LHW division while being a natural lightweight/welterweight. Danaher Death Squad :pimp:

They have enough money for all that? Damn that's an expensive weekend

Unless they get a lot of the fans who can't afford the Super Bowl and are looking for something to do

They have enough money for all that? Damn that's an expensive weekend

Unless they get a lot of the fans who can't afford the Super Bowl and are looking for something to do

If they're gonna be in the area for the game, a what I imagine to be a fairly cheap ticket won't be much for them.

On paper looks like a bad idea, but it's going be a wme coming out party. Ton of corporate and marketing executives, a majority of their clients and investors at houston, the entire fox production staff and on air talent available since they host the super bowl. Cage side might be more like the espys and the emmys put together.

On paper looks like a bad idea, but it's going be a wme coming out party. Ton of corporate and marketing executives, a majority of their clients and investors at houston, the entire fox production staff and on air talent available since they host the super bowl. Cage side might be more like the espys and the emmys put together.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

Yep, it's been going on in the wrestling industry for years. Small independent promotions like ROH always put on a Friday/Saturday show in the same city as Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, etc. 

That's a good point, could be a good rallying event following 205

I wonder when the ownership will start to make connections with the fighters. Apparently they've been pretty hands off so far

Son dropped the ball not saying anything, especially in Mexico where he could of had the crowd on his side. Could have used that to get them hyped to have another Mexican champ.

He's on a one way trip to snap city he's going to regret not promoting himself.

Back
Top Bottom