The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

a good camp is all ronda needs, maybe go to the blackzilians or duke rufus on petis' camp for the striking...
fyi she did beat zingano in 4 secs which amanda lost to by tko as well

All y'all mad at Conor but love when these dudes steal his formula

He tought these dudes how to make money

Cody want Aldo
Aldo want Conor
Conor want Woodley
Woodley want Bisping

I honestly doubt NT would like fighters/champs fighting out of their weight classes and not defending their belts

Woodley and Bisping have no business fighting 
laugh.gif
 especially if it's a non title fight. **** with that Mike and Woodley

a good camp is all ronda needs, maybe go to the blackzilians or duke rufus on petis' camp for the striking...

does she really want to go through the grind? she'd have to fight her way back into the rankings? that's going to take another 2-3 fights just to get back into the picture. i just don't see it.
if anything, i think she needs to work on wrestling and shooting for takedowns.

if this was wwe, she'd would put her career on the line for another title shot :lol:

Last edited:
Khabib is really frustrated he can't get a fight with conor or tony and he doesn't care about money just fighting the best

Not true at all. Khabib just got a new UFC deal recently, and is collecting checks far bigger than his UFC checks from a dictator, Kadyrov.

If Khabib could get a fight in Russia? He'd probably pay Tony's purse and more to the UFC to make it happen. It wouldn't even be his money and he will be taken care of regardless. Imagine the "sponsorship" money he'd make for being the reason an event like that came to Russia.

Last edited:
Not true at all. Khabib just got a new UFC deal recently, and is collecting checks far bigger than his UFC checks from a dictator, Kadyrov.

If Khabib could get a fight in Russia? He'd probably pay Tony's purse and more to the UFC to make it happen. It wouldn't even be his money and he will be taken care of regardless. Imagine the "sponsorship" money he'd make for being the reason an event like that came to Russia.
Huh? Khabib took a fight with Johnson for less money than he was supposed to get, and it was a fight where he didn't have much to gain and a lot to lose

I have no idea who or what Kadyrov is but if he's getting money from him, sweet. He's offering Tony 200K just to fight the man. If that doesn't tell you he doesn't care about money then I don't know what to tell you. He has been literally begging to fight Tony and Conor... what more do you want from the man?

Huh? Khabib took a fight with Johnson for less money than he was supposed to get, and it was a fight where he didn't have much to gain and a lot to lose

I have no idea who or what Kadyrov is but if he's getting money from him, sweet. He's offering Tony 200K just to fight the man. If that doesn't tell you he doesn't care about money then I don't know what to tell you. He has been literally begging to fight Tony and Conor... what more do you want from the man?

He took a fight with Johnson for less than he was going to make if he got the title fight against Eddie like he had hoped. He still has a much better contract than Tony clearly, and that is because he renegotiated recently.

I'm not hating on Khabib at all. But you said it yourself, you don't know what I'm talking about...that doesn't make it not true. If someone is telling Khabib, hey offer to pay him 200K and I will pay it for you because I stand to gain far more than that if the fight happens, Khabib is not actually giving up any money. I'm not saying Khabib doesn't care more about fighting than money, I'm saying that this offer to ferguson doesn't exactly prove that as you said. It's just business, and if the other option is the fight not happening, $200K less in profits for the people behind Khabib is nothing.

Last edited:
He took a fight with Johnson for less than he was going to make if he got the title fight against Eddie like he had hoped. He still has a much better contract than Tony clearly, and that is because he renegotiated recently.

I'm not hating on Khabib at all. But you said it yourself, you don't know what I'm talking about...that doesn't make it not true. If someone is telling Khabib, hey offer to pay him 200K and I will pay it for you because I stand to gain far more than that if the fight happens, Khabib is not actually giving up any money. I'm not saying Khabib doesn't care more about fighting than money, I'm saying that this offer to ferguson doesn't exactly prove that as you said. It's just business, and if the other option is the fight not happening, $200K less in profits for the people behind Khabib is nothing.
Not really sure what point you're making then. Regardless of who's giving up who's money, if you watch today's interview and tell me that Khabib's number one priority is to make the most money possible, we can just agree to disagree. You can hear it in his voice, see it in his body language, money is not the objective for him. He's been getting paid peanuts his entire UFC career

Plus, he could have easily taken the Aldo fight, which would have netted him just as good if not better pay day and he declined because he knows that Tony is the true fight to make. I'm not saying the 200K offer is the sole reason for anything. He simply wants to fight Tony because Tony is the best in the world outside of Conor, and money is clearly not a priority for him in relation to fighting Tony

does she really want to go through the grind? she'd have to fight her way back into the rankings? that's going to take another 2-3 fights just to get back into the picture. i just don't see it.
if anything, i think she needs to work on wrestling and shooting for takedowns.

if this was wwe, she'd would put her career on the line for another title shot :lol:

maia also had that problem before but has been able to win some with the help of rafael with his striking
hell, he even out punched anderson in the late rounds on their last fight
everyone now knows her weakness and tryin to expose it, so all she needs now is an improved stand up aka change camp

still think if holly wins.. she can do the rematch for the 145 belt.. only fight left for her atm

Not really sure what point you're making then. Regardless of who's giving up who's money, if you watch today's interview and tell me that Khabib's number one priority is to make the most money possible, we can just agree to disagree. You can hear it in his voice, see it in his body language, money is not the objective for him. He's been getting paid peanuts his entire UFC career

Plus, he could have easily taken the Aldo fight, which would have netted him just as good if not better pay day and he declined because he knows that Tony is the true fight to make. I'm not saying the 200K offer is the sole reason for anything. He simply wants to fight Tony because Tony is the best in the world outside of Conor, and money is clearly not a priority for him in relation to fighting Tony

I understand what you're saying, and my point wasn't to argue. It was just to let you know that if you're interested there is plenty of info out there that points to the fact that Khabib doesn't need to worry about money via the UFC. When I listen to Khabib, I also think the most important thing to him is proving he's the best fighter. However, I think it is fairly informative to know the entire situation, and the fact that he's in a very different financial situation than most UFC fighters so it's hard to compare.

Khabib didn't fight for 2 years due to injury and now has only fought twice. He's never headlined a card. If any other fighter was in that situation would they have 200K to be tossing around? Money may be lower on his priority list than many things, but when looking at his current decision, he simply doesn't have to weigh money the same as other UFC fighters because he could never fight again and is being well taken care of. That's my point.

I think a lot more UFC fighters also care about being the best far more than $, but unfortunately they literally need the money for their families and therefore are forced to prioritize it.

Last edited:
I get that, but it's sort of besides the overall point that we both agree on. He wants to fight the best and he's frustrated that he hasn't been able to get either opponent in Tony or Conor

If he's getting backed/funded by an outside source, more power to him. I don't doubt that that could be true, because again, he's been making no money from the UFC, that's fact

If he can't get credit for offering up the 200K, then surely he deserves some credit for not accepting the Aldo fight. Which wouldn't be a bad consolation prize to us fans, but just for me I think Tony is the more difficult challenge. It's the fight we've been wanting for quite some time. Khabib stuck to his guns on this one pretty firmly and he's doing what he can to try and make it a reality

Last edited:
jrob is good people, appreciate the info for sure

I just want the fight to materialize. Wish we knew what Dana was offering Tony for the Khabib fight, it would definitely put things in perspective

I'm one of the biggest honda haters you'll find, but those fools over in general thinking honda won't judo throw them on their head because they weigh more than her. I hope that one guy claiming he wants to go to an mma gym and challenge one of their females to a fight actually does it. Or just find a female krav maga instructor who'll be happy to beat him down.
Ask chael sonnen... he says judo is worthless in the octagon... comparatively. Never been a champ whise primary discipline was judo besides her.. he also think calling her even a great athlete was laughable

But he probably doesnt know much about the fight game either. Or maybe hes jus jack jawing for a shot at Honda...

Yea pettis team has really taken him to the next level...
rhonda is washed. Period. She will never beat the lioness

Chael is an idiot most of the time and a shock jock with his analysis

Judo is worthless in regards to mma? I understand if you say it's overrated or something to that effect but there's been some exceptional fighters who use judo... fedor Lombard stun gun sexyama Hawn parisyan..

Last edited:
I was about to say, isn't Sambo an offshoot of Judo?

There's that Fedor guy who was pretty good.

Her being a judoka has nothing to do with what's happened, it's her lack of growth and adaptation as a fighter.

If she just switched camps and developed a stand up game, she may not still be as dominant but I doubt she gets embarrassed like she has been.

Last edited:
Can't forget khabib...

I don't see the point in attacking judo either.. whether it's in relation to mma or the real world...

Last edited:
Yea pettis team has really taken him to the next level...
rhonda is washed. Period. She will never beat the lioness
I mean, woodley credits duke for a lot in his title run. Duke was his first ever real head coach, woodley literally went without one until the gastelum fight

Not saying Ronda can become Champ again but you need to chill in some of your posts lol.. sounding off base as hell

Back
Top Bottom