The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Hey, was wondering if anyone has any info on like getting a nike job internationally. I currently work of nike in uk but I'm really interested in working closer to the HQ. I've always wanted to work for nike and be a part of the bigger team. I've currently worked for Nike for a year in that year I have gone from 8hr contract to apparel Lead (salary) and PP for one of the most successful stores in Europe. I just would love to transfer to a store in Oregon/ Portland area.

Wrong thread?

Brock don't even belong in the same sentence in terms of being prospects

Ngannu is much more than just size. His technique blows prime brocks out of the water...

Technique in what aspect tho..brocks wrestling technique much better than his, his striking much better than Brock's

Brock's wrestling was/is good and his size definitely plays into that. He got taken down by Cain too...

His skill set was extremely limited. The mark hunt fight was impressive in the sense that he completely neutralized hunt. I thought mark would maul him. Peds probably helped but who knows

Maybe he meant prospects in terms of when they entered the sport.

If brock and kurt angle entered mma when their amateur wrestling careers ended they might've been like couture or matt hughes type fighters.

|I

Ronda Rousey’s fighting career is most likely finished, UFC president Dana White said Monday.

White said on the UFC Unfiltered podcast that he’d spoken to Rousey recently and did not get the indication that she wanted to fight again.

“Her spirits are good and she’s doing her own thing,” White said. “In the conversation I had with her, if I had to say right here, right now – and I don’t like saying right here, right now because it’s up to her, it’s her thing – but I wouldn’t say she fights again. I think she’s probably done. I think she’s going to ride off in the sunset and start living her life outside of fighting.”

Rousey, 29, became the UFC’s first female champion in 2012 and made six defenses of the women’s bantamweight belt, all inside the distance and all but one inside the first round. But the former Olympic bronze medallist suffered a spectacular knockout loss to Holly Holm in 2015, then after a year-long layoff was dominated in her comeback fight against current champion Amanda Nunes on 30 December.

“It’s not that I even think it was an invincible thing, it’s that she’s so competitive that her career and record meant everything to her,” White said. “Then, once she lost, she started to say to herself, ‘What the hell am I doing? This is my whole life? This is it? I want to experience and start doing other things.’ That’s what she’s started to do.

“She’s got a lot of money. She’s never going to need money again. First of all, unless you spend money like crazy, unless you spend money like Floyd [Mayweather], you’re not going to need money again when you have the kind of money that Ronda has. She’s not a big spender. She’s got a cute place down in Venice, California.”

Added White: “She changed the world. She put female fighting on the map. She’s been part of the biggest fights in the history of women fighting and I hope those records can be broken. I don’t know if they can but I hope they can.”

Holm will fight at UFC 208 on 11 February in Brooklyn.

Yeah she's so competitive that when she actually faced fighters who challenged her and she lost then she wanted to do other things.

It'll be like the revenant when the bear messed up dicaprio but way worse.

Last edited:
get cyborg juiced up *** out of ufc

208 looking like a flop :x

Last edited:
I feel like Cyborg is the next "push" for the women's 145 division. Sell her as the female Tyson. It sucks that she got popped again right when she was about to get the big stage/platform.

Yea the Featherweight division was created for Cyborg, Dana even admitted to this. With Holm they at least have a somewhat marketable champ but de Randamie is unknown and they could put her next fight on Fight Pass if she wins.

Who else in the current women's bw will make the jump? I could see them doing the next TUF as a tournament to give the winner a TS like they just did with DJ.

Last edited:
Jorge and Condit would be dope....

If maia thinks he can just sit and wait for a TS, he going to get passed up by Jorge

cowboy gotta chill man, that chin degradation is realllll....he been getting dropped more frequently the past 2 years.

Pretty much watching most of his career...his chin aint glass yet, but it aint as hard as it used to be.

props to masvidal, good to see a true fighter experience that success

And nagagnuu or w/e I think the jury is still out.....he looks good against cans for sure.

Can he be champ, sure...anyone in HW can be champ it just takes 1 punch....but that dont mean he can defend it

I think a rothwell fight is a good measure for him if he doesnt get flagged

I just seen that other HW, Ladet the dood who look like kenny powers just got flagged by usada...

doods hands was mad crispy too

Yea if Maia sits out then if Masvidal gets another impressive win against the likes of a Condit or even Magny I could see them giving him the shot. Not saying its fair but Maia just doesn't attract the casual fan plain and simple.

The UFC president offered Diaz a bout against third-ranked Demian Maia after he turned down the Lawler rematch, but hasn’t heard back from the Stockton native.

“I just reached out to them and said, ‘what do you guys think about a fight against Demian Maia?’ And I haven’t heard back from them yet,” he said. “If Nick doesn’t take it, I’ll give it to Jorge Masvidal.”

Either fight would be lit

So Maia gonna have to fight again.. so unfortunate that woodley wonderboy went to a draw. Smh I was heated that night

Maia's right. He should just fight the winner of Woodley/Wonderboy now or whoever the **** has the belt and they should do Diaz/Masvidal.

Do it on the same damn card.

Last edited:
Yea the Featherweight division was created for Cyborg, Dana even admitted to this. With Holm they at least have a somewhat marketable champ but de Randamie is unknown and they could put her next fight on Fight Pass if she wins.

Who else in the current women's bw will make the jump? I could see them doing the next TUF as a tournament to give the winner a TS like they just did with DJ.

is there even interest?

Back
Top Bottom