The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Would be happy if more jump ship to bellator. The sport was great when there were 2 big organizations and both had top fighters.

And Viacom got the guy who made it a one-man race running the company.

Whitaker has a punchers chance just like he did against Jacare. Never forget the Tim Kennedy fight. But Yoel has this resilience and the superior wrestling.

I think Whittaker beats Romero. He's elusive enough with his movement and boxing. He can hurt Romero on the way in

Am I crazy or does Yoel not really use his wrestling?

Seems like he just patiently waits to counter punch. And time a knee.

If he does that, I could see Whitaker taking it.

Am I crazy or does Yoel not really use his wrestling?

Seems like he just patiently waits to counter punch. And time a knee.

If he does that, I could see Whitaker taking it.

Romero is an all time great Olympic wrestler. But I don't think his wrestling translated as well as it could have towards MMA.

He relies on his explosion and try to catch people.

Last edited:
8GqWkTarfx_VrcaDo9fXBHwRxWhtJAGMRgK_wNXXmqM.gif

I love the UFC Unfiltered pod cast, but I can't understand why Jim or Matt don't read DJ's statement about the situation before discussing it. 

I agree. I think Bisping is hoping that Whittaker wins to avoid Romero.

Romero hasn't used his wrestling all that much for sure.

But you can see his ground game is strong. He'll follow cats down to the ground and doesn't shy away from it either.

Didn't even know til now that Romero is on an 8 fight win streak.

I agree. I think Bisping is hoping that Whittaker wins to avoid Romero.

Romero hasn't used his wrestling all that much for sure.

But you can see his ground game is strong. He'll follow cats down to the ground and doesn't shy away from it either.

Didn't even know til now that Romero is on an 8 fight win streak.

Put a couple asterisks next to that win streak

It's not like whittaker is a much easier fight than romero. whittaker will put you to sleep also. jacare is a beast and he wrecked him.

It's not like whittaker is a much easier fight than romero. whittaker will put you to sleep also. jacare is a beast and he wrecked him.

Too many questions around Romero imo

Gas tank
Doesn't use wrestling

Whitaker cracks and is a young athletic kid who's on a much more impressive roll imo.

No one has brought up Aldo vs Pettis? Not a superfight anymore but stylistically should still be exciting. Both also received a loss from Holloway in their last fight.

Pettis should welcome Aldo to LW.

Searched for Pettis news after posting that, I just realized he's fighting in July.

As much as I like Aldo, he is approaching "washed" status too.

"Washed" has to be the most overused word in this thread :lol:

Right?

Aldo nowhere near washed. Masterful performance against Frankie and he looked great against max most of the fight.

People gotta give more credit to Max's skill and make it less about Aldo being washed. It's the Blessed era.

Even after, I still think people underestimate max's skill set. Rogan was talking about how Max comes off as a thug from Hawaii. He doesn't speak that well and therefore sounds "stupid". So people think he can't hang at the highest level

"Washed" has to be the most overused word in this thread :lol:

Man what?!? :lol: Anytime a fighter who is a known winner loses, whether by KO or decision, they are 'washed' or got 'washed' according to 60% of the users in this thread. Every. Time.

Back
Top Bottom