The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

damn, UFC knew before the fight? They did DC dirty just like they did Hunt at UFC 200. Saving the PPV is more important than the fighters i guess.

USADA took a pre fight sample, but I don't believe the knew the result before the fight.

Also, could be a situation like the last time he ****ed himself with DC saying he didn't care and to let the fight go anyways.

Aldo was Champ for ~6yrs and no loses for almost a decade. And never popped once. He definitely deserves to be in GOAT contention.

Anderson still in my GOAT list. But that's just me.

Funny no mention of demetrius being the goat. ufc and rogan have been telling us he's already been the best ever for a year or two now.

Looks like it really is Aldo and Gsp for the goat if we're talking non users

D.C. May be top 3, I think he would have given fedor the business when they were in strike force

DJ definitely belongs in GOAT talks but can't say im surprised he's being left off.

SMH at Jon Jones once again. After all this talk about his redemption and after the post fight interview of the DC fight I really wanted to believe he was a changed man.

Fedor is #1, dominated for a decade and dominated in Pride when Pride was the better promotion than UFC

if you put money on the jones/DC fight and it has been overturned to No Contest, does that null/void the bet?
i know the local bookie isn't going to overturn any wager, but do online sites return money?

if you put money on the jones/DC fight and it has been overturned to No Contest, does that null/void the bet?
i know the local bookie isn't going to overturn any wager, but do online sites return money?

That's interesting. I didn't even think about that. Would like to know what the answer is

Fedor is #1, dominated for a decade and dominated in Pride when Pride was the better promotion than UFC

You can't be mad at Jones for steroids and hail a pride fighter as the goat in his stead.

Those dudes would get suspended if they weren't taking ped's :lol:

fedor's only peds were ice cream cones.
FedorIceCream.jpg

GSP was on it too. Face it, It's a dirty sport. GSP (admittedly before USADA) went through body/muscular changes. He was probably clean against post knee injury when he fought Condit, Diaz, Shields and Hendricks.

Hendricks, Holms and Weidman, strangely, slumped post USADA. But maybe it's just a coincidence. :wink:

Sucks for D.C. I feel for that dude.

GSP was being greased in between rounds in that fight vs BJ. If we can't count Fedor on the fact that all the Pride fighters were juiced which would then include Crocop, Big Nog, Wanderlei, Rampage, Shogun, Randleman etc. BJ Penn is the greatest that hasn't cheated

http://www.mmaweekly.com/anti-dopin...ance-jon-jones-had-banned-substance-in-system

“Jon is afforded due process,” said Novitzky. “The B sample wouldn’t have been tested already. But I can tell you this, when a WADA (Wold Anti-Doping Agency) accredited lab makes an announcement of a positive test of a substance in that athlete’s body, the substance 99.999-percent of the time is in that athlete’s body. They do some confirmatory testing on even the A sample.”

Same guy in the vid below.....

Last edited:
Certainly can't argue with his resume

In their primes, I believe he'd get dominated by Cain and DC though

I would have Fedor as the underdog to Stipe as well

fedor also fought kinda wreckless. Put himself in danger all the time. dan henderson should be an honorable mention. His fight with fedor was so lit.

Pride Fedor wasn't sloppy, that's when he was at his best. He beat K1 Mirko Crocop standing up, and he sat inside Nogueira's guard like it was nothing throwing bombs. He was skilled in every area, was quick as hell for a heavyweight, had heavy hands, slick grappling and great submissions.

By the time he hit affliction he already seemed like he was regressing a bit, and by the time he hit strikeforce dude was just sloppy. The Fedor that was getting dominated by Brett Rogers until he caught that overhand right woulda got his *** kicked by alot of UFC guys (if he couldn't rock them with an overhand first). Seemed like he bought into his own hype late in his career and started relying on his overhand more and more, and just got sloppy.

Pride Fedor vs Black Fedor woulda been a dope fight tho. Pride Fedor vs Stipe would be dope too. Cain might dominate him with wrestling, but prime Cain pretty much dominated everybody wrestling. If Cain never got injured we might have been calling him the heavyweight GOAT by now.

GSP was being greased in between rounds in that fight vs BJ. If we can't count Fedor on the fact that all the Pride fighters were juiced which would then include Crocop, Big Nog, Wanderlei, Rampage, Shogun, Randleman etc. BJ Penn is the greatest that hasn't cheated

GSP admitted that he cheated.

Fast forward to 1:25

Back
Top Bottom