The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

IMG_7285.jpg

Looks like Conor has nate on his mind for the trilogy. He's been keeping all his options open, previously mentioning Russia in reference to khabib. I doubt Dana grants khabib a shot though

He also said he has "another game to conquer"

I hope Nate's been training hard. Conor won't beat Floyd, but the different looks and the training he's getting in the leadup to this fight and in the fight itself, there's no way his boxing doesn't get sharper. Stamina too. And he'll have the bread to pay for whatever training he needs or wants when he makes a UFC return.

Win or lose, he's winning with this Floyd fight situation. Unless Floyd completely destroys him, knocks him out and breaks his spirit :lol:. Otherwise he's winning. Especially with Bones' dumb*** poppin for steroids now :smh:

Is it crazy to think that maybe Bones is indeed innocent?

Helwani said dude has been tested 9 times this year, the last RANDOM being July 7th. Doesn't make sense to get popped on a test that you know is coming the DAY BEFORE a fight.

Maybe the fan in me wants to believe in him this time around, but something definitely doesn't add up.

Helwani said dude has been tested 9 times this year, the last RANDOM being July 7th. Doesn't make sense to get popped on a test that you know is coming the DAY BEFORE a fight.

Maybe the fan in me wants to believe in him this time around, but something definitely doesn't add up.

Crazy. He's lost the benefit of doubt.

We'll have to wait until the details come out because yeah, passing every random and then popping on the post fight makes no sense whatsoever. But where there's smoke there's fire, and there were too many different indicators even before he popped this last time that had me looking at him sideways. I'm a fan too, but it is what it is.

But I'm also not surprised when any high level fighter pops for steroids, so there's that too.

Around 10 minutes in, Serra makes the point that Jones had only fought once before this Cormier fight under USADA.

The OSP fight. Where he didn't look great.

I wouldn't look to deep into the OSP match. Last minute replacement and Bones is known to be a gameplan kinda guy. He won every round but he just fought safe

The OSP match was even a point of reference going into the Cormier fight so no reason it shouldn't be now.

If they were even remotely on the same level from a talent standpoint, a lot of that would apply more.

But he should have ran through dude IMO.

Doesn't mean everything. Might not mean anything. But might not mean nothing when you add the element of USADA testing and the situation we're in now.

The funny thing about the osp fight was that jones was doing his power lifting and looked like he was on roids. Didn't pop lol

How common is it for supplements to be tainted? Is that usual?

Freddie Roach will officially corner GSP

If GSP wins I'd have to say that it's a much more lucrative bout than matching up with Tony/Lee or Woodley

They could do a non title fight at WW or I wouldn't be surprised if they let Conor fight for the MW title lol

Dana was on tv saying this was the kind of dope the eastern Europeans were using back in the days. It supposedly can exit your body in two days.
jones got popped on the random testing not the scheduled. Leaning towards him knowingly cheating
#fakechamp

Do you guys care or make distinctions between these types of substances that heal as opposed to the substances that make you stronger etc.?

A healing substance vs a roid that increases your strength do seem to differ

Just wondering

He benefits from that faster healing. He enters the fight feeling better than he naturally would have.

Last edited:
Yeah, a coworker mentioned how he was working out 4X a day. The substance he popped for helps with recovery.

And Cormier's comments about how unbelievably strong he was in the first fight don't seem so far fetched.

The only two times I've seen him look bad is against Evans and OSP.

McGOAT eating too much steak, he looks brutal after cutting to 154. Maybe Woodley & 170 are really next

Back
Top Bottom