The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Maybe this is why Aldo is working on his Boxing with Mikey Garcia and Abner Mares :lol:

So.....UFC 215. I like the Stephens/Melendez, Magny/RDA and Cejudo/Reid fights.

I don't know either man, I'm not making it out to be that Nate isn't friends with these guys I'm just saying he was fed up with some of the chatter among boxers. It points to his overall thought process on boxing and MMA. Just my opinion

He can have love for boxers and still have an opinion on how they'd fare in the Octagon

Aldo is trying hard to get on the November card at MSG, said he'd fight anyone. Cub's wife is apparently expecting so he might not be available

Dude definitely wants to get his contracted MMA fights in so he can consider boxing

Cub had a kid just weeks back w that kenda Perez chick

Didn't they announce lamas Aldo 2 for msg

Schaub is ALOT more intelligent than i initially used to give him credit for. I guess he did go to UVA he jus soundsss like a meathead imbecile

Didn't know cub was with kenda. She kinda disappeared after hosting one of the shows.

Aldo vs Lamas isn't official, just a rumor so far. Wouldn't be surprised if that's the fight since Cub might be on the shelf

Wow, I didn't know he was with that chick either. Interesting

BTW

Ben Askren will retire after fighting Shinya Aoki in November. Askren is 33

Nova Uniao is getting a brand new training facility which can double as a venue to host events. Looks pretty like a pretty large arena

The Welterweight picture is such that RDA nearly fought Woodley for the title. RDA was the UFC's contingent plan if Maia could not fight

Crazy how it used to be one of the best if not best divisions, stacked with contenders on win streaks..

“What’s interesting about this [dos Anjos vs. Magny] fight is that we obviously had the fight with Tyron Woodley and Demian Maia, and there was some question… Tyron’s team made it public that Tyron was fighting on this card, and Maia wasn’t initially sure he could do it. The guy waiting there for that fight was RDA. He had already accepted the fight with Tyron had Maia not been able to do it. So he’s been ready to go. He’s chomping at the bit. He wants to fight every single week. I said ‘hey this [welterweight title shot] didn’t work out, but I’ll try to get you back in for something fun soon as possible. I’ll keep ya on speed dial. And [then] you’ve got Magny, who just said ‘hey, I’m ready to go.’”

If we get terminator RDA back him vs woodley is interesting, he wouldn't let woodley dictate the pace, he would make it an exciting fight IMO...his pressure opens him up for twoods bombs or he backs him up and goes to work on him

Was RDA Terminator before USADA?

WW doesn't have solid top contenders. Wonderboy hasn't fought since Woodley. Maia beat Masvidal. Lawyer hasn't been hugely active besides the Cowboy fight.

UFC has some paper thin divisions right now. HW. LHW. Women FW. Women SW.

I think he was but he also stopped training w nick kurson who was his s&c coach, same lineage that had bj on point w the marinovichs

No he's not :lol: It's not only "take downs" in MMA... Boxers are focused on upper body, how about leg kicks to head? Body? Legs?
Bruh .. first of all Im not giving a Boxer a great chance and second this is the lack of understanding what was said.

MMA is not about take downs but you be a fool to think that standing up even with kicks a boxer doesn't have a better chance in the Octagon than a MMA fighter does in the ring. If you do good for you ...

KS a brawler boxer still won a few MMA fights and I dnt think I ever seen him throw a kick.

With that logic MMA fighters should fair way better in the ring because all they have to worry about are two fist .. lol

Yeah bro.... like Nate Diaz said, Floyd would get demolish and embarrass way worse than Conor in a Boxing ring.

Sorry man, gotta agree with him!

I'll give any MMA a punchers chance to win a boxing ring, than a Boxer in an Octogon!

But whatever, this is all conjecture anyway. Your 0% seems like more of an emotional than a logical assessment to me, but we'll never get the chance to see it unless the UFC wants to throw big money at somebody. So who cares, for now at least.

0% may be "extreme" but it's decently fair. We'll likely never see another crossover at the scale of Floyd v Conor but we've seen James Toney v Randy. They'll be another match but it prob won't be top tier athletes but I still wouldn't give a boxer a solitaire chance in MMA.

I wouldn't give boxers a chance in a kickboxing ring. When you add those extra dimensions you diminish a boxer's chances

Yeah bro.... like Nate Diaz said, Floyd would get demolish and embarrass way worse than Conor in a Boxing ring.

Sorry man, gotta agree with him!

I'll give any MMA a punchers chance to win a boxing ring, than a Boxer in an Octogon!

Acting like everyone is not going to defend their sport.....

If you give a puncher a chance in the ring but not in the Octagon .. is cool ... but we already seen the quickness of Conor in the Octagon ... he has slept dudes without throwing kicks ... or the opponent getting off.

But yet you think a MMA fighter has a better chance in the ring than a boxer in the Octagon ..

Sure buddy.

Nah. At best 20% chance but that's being very generous. I just don't see any MMA fighters with the necessary know how boxing wise

Damn Def... you actually being more generous than me :lol: To me, a punchers chance is close to nothing, more like a possibility. 20% is a good chance bro :lol:

Acting like everyone is not going to defend their sport.....

If you give a puncher a chance in the ring but not in the Octagon .. is cool ... but we already seen the quickness of Conor in the Octagon ... he has slept dudes without throwing kicks ... or the opponent getting off.

But yet you think a MMA fighter has a better chance in the ring than a boxer in the Octagon ..

Sure buddy.

:lol: You getting way to emotional over this pal.

I'm still taking an MMA fighter in a ring over a Boxer in a Octogon.

It's just that simple. Not bashing anyone or anybody. But I'd feel more comfortable betting some money on the verdict. My take is not facts, it's an opinion. That's it! Literally all it. Don't get so caught up like that my brotha!

Even "no name" fighters, fighter we have never heard of but have a decent record, id give the edge to the MMA fighter.

:lol: You getting way to emotional over this pal.

I'm still taking an MMA fighter in a ring over a Boxer in a Octogon.

It's just that simple. Not bashing anyone or anybody. But I'd feel more comfortable betting some money on the verdict. My take is not facts, it's an opinion. That's it! Literally all it. Don't get so caught up like that my brotha!

Even "no name" fighters, fighter we have never heard of but have a decent record, id give the edge to the MMA fighter.
Let me ask you something, every time I see someone challenge what you said, you always claim they are getting emotional or are mad? Curious to know how old are you to be pulling that childish comment out every single time?

In addition if you read your comments, the fact you said "but he's wrong" means that you think your opinion are facts.

Just learn the difference ...

Let me ask you something, every time I see someone challenge what you said, you always claim they are getting emotional or are mad? Curious to know how old are you to be pulling that childish comment out every single time?

In addition if you read your comments, the fact you said "but he's wrong" means that you think your opinion are facts.

Just learn the difference ...

You follow me that much? I don't recall calling people emotional like you say I do.

And if I do, does that bother you? Childish because I sense you're getting way to defensive over a "what-if" subject. Gotcha!

And I never said you're wrong, so if this is why you're getting all hot & bothered. Get over it!

I replied to someone else, when I responded "He's not...." I wasn't implying that you're just plain out wrong, I was saying that it's NOT just take downs that Boxers have to train for, it's also leg kicks, different type of strikes and angles... ect.

Edit: Meh **** it :lol: Agree to disagree. Let's move on.

Last edited:
Damn Def... you actually being more generous than me :lol: To me, a punchers chance is close to nothing, more like a possibility. 20% is a good chance bro :lol:

Puncher's Chance to me is ability to get the right punch at the necessary moment, like if the opportunity presented itself you get that one shot to drop em. Conor had a "chance" and that was based on the expected power he had shown in MMA. I thought if he had the ability to catch a lucky one. That fell short tho

Back
Top Bottom