The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Yes, Nunes will save the day and carry the PPV card again, just like she did when she main evented at UFC 207 and UFC 200 :lol:

Mighty Mouse shouldn't have been a lil ***** and fought TJ

I'm personally not a fan of Team Beta Male so I hope TJ wrecks Cody

I guess the new main event is official as both Nunes and Valentina made weight.

Imagine if they'd fought back at 213. Would they make up an interim title for something :smh:

Also- regarding the narrative of breaking Silva's record.. he unofficially defended against Travis Lutter and had a few LHW fights during his run.

TUF: I just wanted to save Armenian Bae from that ground & pound. It was pointless bringing in someone who couldn't speak English :smh:

Anderson's 16 fight winning streak was legendary, 14 of those being finishes. Don't think we ever see anything like it again. Those LHW fights definitely make it even more impressive, surprised he never challenged for that belt, was it seriously considered at any point?

Seeing that crazy DeAnna Bennett chick on TUF reminded me of that crazy girl on Orange is the New Black lol. She wanted to give lapdances to her team after winning her fight.

Anderson's 16 fight winning streak was legendary, 14 of those being finishes. Don't think we ever see anything like it again. Those LHW fights definitely make it even more impressive, surprised he never challenged for that belt, was it seriously considered at any point?

The way he embarrassed former champ forrest was crazy. Had dude running out of the cage and crying back to the lockerroom. He destroyed james irvin pretty bad too and a roided up bonnar.

The way he embarrassed former champ forrest was crazy. Had dude running out of the cage and crying back to the lockerroom.

The punch that dropped him....maaaaAAAAAAAAAN. He just flopped down and gave up the ghost

Yup.. I mean was Silva v Forrest considered a superfight being that he was once a champ?

Crazy to think that Silva's only loss at LHW was against DC on 2 days notice. Even then he hurt him with a kick.

Yup.. I mean was Silva v Forrest considered a superfight being that he was once a champ?

Crazy to think that Silva's only loss at LHW was against DC on 2 days notice. Even then he hurt him with a kick.

I'm thinking not given the fact the Forrest never defended the belt and his overall UFC resume' wasn't that impressive despite having beat Rampage and Shogun previously.

Smh at those that think its harder for a boxer to go into mma than vice versa, MMA is a glorified tough man contest its not a real sport. Thats why 50 year old Ray Mercer can get a fight sanctioned with an ex UFC champ who was 32 and knock him out in a few seconds. Thats why Kimbo can go from his backyard to headlining the first MMA fight on network TV. Why Fedor the so called GOAT at 1 point was in a life and death battle with a guy named Brett Rogers who was changing tires at Sam's club before he decided he wanted to be an mma fighter.

MMA is for guys who couldn't make it in real sports, it won't be a real sport until their is a system in place to cultivate talent, the best MMA fighters should be mid to late 20s guys, not mid 30's like most of the MMA champions have traditionally been. The weight classes don't even make sense, 145 than a 155 division, and then a 170 division how does that make any sense. If it was boxing weight classes Conor should be at 160 lb weight class. Those weight classes are why the fighters are always having weight problems, Khabib almost died from extreme weight cutting and he doesn't go up to 170 because there are guys there that walk around at over 200 lbs cutting extreme weight to make 170. It was ridiculous that Rumble used to fight at 170 and ppl wondered why he kept losing from his gas tank going out all the time. He was much better at 205 and he was still cutting weight to make 205.

Last edited:
Yikes :lol::wow:

lmao

you went too far fam. but im sorta kinda with you. my take was tepid. u brought that 400 degreez

Smh at those that think its harder for a boxer to go into mma than vice versa, MMA is a glorified tough man contest its not a real sport. Thats why 50 year old Ray Mercer can get a fight sanctioned with an ex UFC champ who was 32 and knock him out in a few seconds. Thats why Kimbo can go from his backyard to headlining the first MMA fight on network TV. Why Fedor the so called GOAT at 1 point was in a life and death battle with a guy named Brett Rogers who was changing tires at Sam's club before he decided he wanted to be an mma fighter.

MMA is for guys who couldn't make it in real sports, it won't be a real sport until their is a system in place to cultivate talent, the best MMA fighters should be mid to late 20s guys, not mid 30's like most of the MMA champions have traditionally been. The weight classes don't even make sense, 145 than a 155 division, and then a 170 division how does that make any sense. If it was boxing weight classes Conor should be at 160 lb weight class. Those weight classes are why the fighters are always having weight problems, Khabib almost died from extreme weight cutting and he doesn't go up to 170 because there are guys there that walk around at over 200 lbs cutting extreme weight to make 170. It was ridiculous that Rumble used to fight at 170 and ppl wondered why he kept losing from his gas tank going out all the time. He was much better at 205 and he was still cutting weight to make 205.
You are about to catch a lot of heat, but is cool. Just remember, there are a bunch of rocks in here.
You have some very valid points ...

Imagine, someone said that LA is not one of the greatest cyclist ever, Barry Bonds is a bum, PED is not that bad in other sports like it is in the UFC etc etc .. they pick and choose what nonsense suits their argument and run with it ...

LOL

I'm thinking not given the fact the Forrest never defended the belt and his overall UFC resume' wasn't that impressive despite having beat Rampage and Shogun previously.

True he didn't defend it, but his last 2 fights were PPV headliners: when he "beat" Rampage, and when he lost to Rashad.

Edit:

Ufc101poster.jpg

aha_coming_to_america.gif

You have to remember he was out of shape and recovering from a recent surgery. We all know he doesn't do well against wrestlers but he was definitely at a huge disadvantage. DC did a fight camp for JBJ. Clearly is a student of a game and knows take downs + G'n'P are recipes to beating Anderson. And obviously Anderson wasn't in fight shape. DC still managed to stink that one up lol.

He literally was doing Uncle Dana a favor, which is why he was upset when he didn't get the interim title fight against Yoel.

I just couldn't see a prime Anderson beating JBJ. That length, dynamic striking and wrestling is just too much for a counter striker.

And smh at the main event AND the HW fight being cancelled on today's card. UFC is definitely having a tough year. Meanwhile boxing been riding that high despite such a ish show of a sport it is.

Ingles is the one who said it wasn't weight related

Borg:

“I also want to add that I am no longer working with Perfecting Athletes and Michelle Ingels, who was not authorized to speak on my behalf.”

yo this card is an embarassment.

i dunno what u can do n some of thess cases but good lord this card gunna do WNBA numbers

Back
Top Bottom