The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

RNKN6na.gif

I should've pursued MMA when I realized I wasn't going to grow to 6'+ :lol:

Reactions: OTG
He was breathing with his mouth open in the second round. When you’re tired you don’t think right. Pretty sure he could’ve won that fight if he threw more leg kicks

Which is why I said he didn't even throw enough in the FIRST two. That includes round 1. Rogan mentioned it. Holloway mentioned them at the end of the fight.

Just seems like bad game planning or mental lapse more than cardio issues because this is now 2 straight fights against Max where this has been the case.

Holloway's pressure is also a factor because it keeps Aldo on his heels but they were always effective when he actually threw them and he was able to get them off.

Not to take anything from Holloway and his skills, but Aldo did not look right in the head heading to the fight. He was very tentative in the 1st round which is unlike his counter-punching style utilized in past fights. Plus, he was easily baited into a back and forth which emptied the gas tank early.

Time to test the waters in LW. Or take a long break a la GSP.

Holloway's girl though. Max winning in everything.

I mean isnt that a bad idea to go to LW with a gas tank like that? Dude was already breathing heavy earlier in the 2nd round

Cant imagine him fighting bigger fighters and be able to keep up for more than 2 rounds.

Not to take anything from Holloway and his skills, but Aldo did not look right in the head heading to the fight. He was very tentative in the 1st round which is unlike his counter-punching style utilized in past fights. Plus, he was easily baited into a back and forth which emptied the gas tank early.

Time to test the waters in LW. Or take a long break a la GSP.

Holloway's girl though. Max winning in everything.

i didnt see it as being tentative at all, he looked a lot more patient and relaxed in the first compared to the previous fight where he kept trying to take max's head off

looked like he was saving his energy, but he only did about half a round better this time, when he stopped moving and backed against the cage in the 3rd, i knew his cardio was done although he was able to slip fine until that ran out too, turned into a "wrestler" once everything was gone |l

I mean isnt that a bad idea to go to LW with a gas tank like that? Dude was already breathing heavy earlier in the 2nd round

Cant imagine him fighting bigger fighters and be able to keep up for more than 2 rounds.

I can't explain it in detail, but the thought is that he doesn't have to drain himself trying to make weight. Someone correct me or try to explain it better.

i didnt see it as being tentative at all, he looked a lot more patient and relaxed in the first compared to the previous fight where he kept trying to take max's head off

looked like he was saving his energy, but he only did about half a round better this time, when he stopped moving and backed against the cage in the 3rd, i knew his cardio was done although he was able to slip fine until that ran out too, turned into a "wrestler" once everything was gone |l

Yeah he was saving energy but there were instances where he wasn't throwing when the opportunity was there. Max was literally standing in front of Aldo, face-first, but no punches were thrown. Maybe because he got tired early (after round 1 he was breathing heavily) or just returned to his passive state.

Aldo went from fighting a guy who he beat to a guy who beat him. Mentally that's gotta be rough.

With that said, I hope we get a long Blessed era. UFC def needs to do Hawai'i and make that Hawai'i vs the World.

Yancy's fight was amazing. I want to see him fight the other Cowboy next.

Only people left at 145 for Max is Frankie & Zombie. I think he’ll move after next year

Any wird on Chad Mendes? How much longer is his suspension

To be fair, Aldo didn’t even have a full camp. Edgar dropped out less than a month ago.

He’s also gassed in Rd 3 on multiple occasions in the past.

Dude probably should have moved to 155 already.

Really want to see the Frankie matchup

Should happen in Hawaii
A Hawaii UFC would be amazing, it seems like what's holding it back is lack of a big covered arena. Aloha stadium is the only venue that could handle a big event but they say the rain is too unpredictable even during the dry months.

Back
Top Bottom