The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

And there it is. An empty arena

Don't even know how to feel about this. On one hand, awesome it didn't get cancelled. On the other hand, knowing how much the crowd plays into the fights and the fighters themselves.. the energy clearly won't be the same. Can't help but to wonder how this will impact the participants. idk

Fights going to have the contender vibes to them lol. Good decision, if not moving to the Apex then to do the empty arena. Fighters done went thru camp already, would be ****ty if they didn't get paid.

It will be real strange seeing high level fights with a Contender/TUF feel to them. Wonder if the audio will be similar where you're able to hear the fighters foot movements and the coaches yelling lol.

The Bellator event is set to go and it appears they are letting all fans in. Some good fights on this card.

Dana just said that the UFC is moving forward with all live events and they'll be moved to the UFC Apex in Vegas if need be.

Fights with no fans in attendance is gonna be weird as hell.

It’s going to be like watching TUF or the contender series with good fighters. I wonder if all the judges and referees will be the same throughout the night to limit exposure.

Scratch that, the Bellator event will be held in empty arena.
I can not even imagine tony and khabib fight happening with an empty crowd
Yea I know they want this fight in a packed arena. As Dana hasn't really addressed it yet I could see it getting moved to late summer/fall unfortunately.

Damn Lee, the fight is still on at catchweight though. A 165lb division just makes too much sense as there are plenty of tweeners within LW and WW.

Good that UFC is still going on with shows. Even tho I doubt they are doing it for the pay of the fighters. But damn irresponsible as **** for Brazil's commission to say they don't test for Covid-19 and UFC to still go on with the show smfh.

Back
Top Bottom