The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

I know we all are seeking entertainment right now, but this was stupid from the beginning. I am sure these fighters wouldn’t be jumping at the opportunity to fight if they actually made a decent wage. Dana is a clown for all of this. Tried so hard to build the company and with this move set it back even further.

Knew this card wasn't happening. Good for that Senator putting the UFC and the tribe on the spot. Really is no reason to put any card together. They werent going to properly test each worker, fighter, and team. Saved them from themselves honestly.

5D2487F9-015B-474E-9A04-B04443AC8284.jpeg

UFC kumite failed to proceed

NEXT

UFC Undisputed done in prison
main card: Yuri Boyka vs Tony Ferguson

I dunno why you guys are worried about the medical end. Dana could legit have 50 physicians there jus by offering them access to the island/event. He wouldn't even have to pay alot of them... yall remember during Connor/khabib that Doc that jus jumped into the cage and started checking on ppl despite being in attendance as a fan lol

I dunno why you guys are worried about the medical end. Dana could legit have 50 physicians there jus by offering them access to the island/event. He wouldn't even have to pay alot of them... yall remember during Connor/khabib that Doc that jus jumped into the cage and started checking on ppl despite being in attendance as a fan lol

Yes because there was a contagious virus being spread during the Cono/rKhabib fight

Not worried at all but extremely interested in the caliber of physicians that’d be willing to go against every other viewpoint in the field to work it

Many many many travel docs and residents are underemployed or working covid related projects because they legitimately wanna help. Although the medical systems in NY, IL, Wash etc are swamped theres litterally 1000s of physicians around the country doing next to nothing or vacationing . My moms a nurse practitioner that spent the first 20 years of her career as a surgical tech for a heart surgeon... theres like no work for him because all selective procedures are obv being postponed and hes working on a play because his last one that was scheduled to premier on Broadway obviously got the axe.

A good family freind (anaesthesiologist) is in the Polynesian Islands and has been for weeks. I'm sure theres dozens of ortho docs/er docs lookin to get out the house

I'm not saying it matters because I'm not in the medical field, but having non combat sports experienced physicians ringside for the first time doesn't seem like a good idea

It's crazy in the span of a day we supposedly had a most stacked card of the year, UFC cut a promo in the AM and then it gets cancelled in the afternoon...

Dana and UFC brass just need to ride this thing out for the coming months and possibly until next year.

Next thing we know Dana will announce "Dana's Fight Island" which is outside the UFC banner and a special new promotion. "These guys want to fight so I'm gonna make it happen for them by any means necessary" 'dana voice.

Back
Top Bottom