The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Watched both days. What an event! Will definitely be making an effort to go to the next one in two years, depending on where it takes place. The production quality was pretty good, the fights in both the divisions and absolute had me struggling to pick a favorite.

Gordon is really a nice person in real life, super chill, down to earth. I met him a few times at my previous employer when he first moved to Austin.

Yeah to his credit he gave Andre his props post fight.

respect to scarface. legacy secured.

and ADCC was sick, I'm a mega casual when it comes to the BJJ world but the production was amazing and the matches were entertaining/exciting as hell.

very impressed.

respect to scarface. legacy secured.

and ADCC was sick, I'm a mega casual when it comes to the BJJ world but the production was amazing and the matches were entertaining/exciting as hell.

very impressed.
They had the pride lady on the first day to announce all the names of the fighters during the opening ceremony, it was rough. You could tell they were getting better as the days went on, making adjustments on the fly to help the flow.

I’m excited to see what future events will look like going forward. Set the bar very high for a large format production vs an EBI or Metamoris event that’s more like a 4 hour thing.

Sandagen/Vera makes so much sense and winner of that would be more than deserving of next shot. Though who knows what happens if Suga finishes Yan, Suga could jump the line.

Also, I get why no one wants to fight Merab. Fighting him is high risk/low reward and Merab's style is kind of blah. I can respect him for being on a streak and getting the job done but also see why guys aren't in line to fight him.

Was Suga’s dad wearing his chains?

Sean definitely doing good for himself. He’s definitely taking care of his folks and fam. Hopefully, he has a better showing than the Munoz fight.

Man…Peter is such a stud. He trains with his camp and Tiger Muy Thai. And based on the first Aljo fight, he’s got decent wrestling too.

Anybody watch ADCC??

Man is a tool but Gordan Ryan is from a different planet when it comes to No-Gi

If Gordon would have been able to do absolute he would have walked away with three titles on Sunday. I can't stand his persona, but you can't deny he is above everyone else training BJJ and submission grappling right now. And I know Yuri won absolute, but he has to be one of the most boring grapplers around, he is saying that no one scored any points on him, but on the flip side I don't think he scored a single point the entire tournament. I think if Meregali didn't pull guard and get those penalties it would have been his win.

I know of Gordan Ryan but don't know of any of his antics but I just found out he is 27. What the heck. I thought he was at least in his 30s.

Back
Top Bottom