The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 301 in Brazil- Pantoja/Aldo etc. SAT 5/4

Brady
Gamrot
Yan
Sterling
Islam

Was way off, glad I hedged my bet :smokin

210DF943-6929-4640-B638-86DBE0287AB6.png

He is definitely Muslim. Not sure where he was born but obviously he spends time in Sweden and Chechnya. 👀

Remember the big stink last month with the weigh in and Khabib saying he doesn’t have Muslims in his camp?

So it’s definitely been something brewing. Issue is it popped off and was caught on cameras. Islam was asked about it (rightfully, he was in the middle of his post fight).

I can’t support this lol. I don’t feel bad for him at all. I mean if this is like a gimmick act where he’s playing that nice guy role in order to get a title shot, good luck, that seems like a bold strategy

Otherwise if he’s being dead serious he’s an idiot

Khamzat legit seemed like he was thinking "wtf is this corny as ****"
That's a good look because if I'm not mistaken- Khabib and Khamzat weren't fond of each other in interviews prior. Far fetched but Khabib will mess around and be the heir apparent to succeed Dana when he walks away as president.

When a ton of fighters and most the media give it to Yan after the fight, that's a strong indicator of a robbery. It shouldn't take super careful analysis and picking apart the fight punch by punch to justify O'Malley's win.
Hell, O'Malley himself didn't seem to believe it either.

Yan was robbed. I actually don't mind Suga - fun to watch and he hasn't crossed into that racist douchebag piece of **** territory Conor crossed. Yet.
Suga made a statement that he belongs but Yan should have gotten that decision. I saw the stats after and Suga had the edge with sig strikes but he was like 0/4 on TD and Yan had more control time and TD's by a mile.

That's a good look because if I'm not mistaken- Khabib and Khamzat weren't fond of each other in interviews prior. Far fetched but Khabib will mess around and be the heir apparent to succeed Dana when he walks away as president.
I’ve heard folks say DC or Chael could become the heir apparent. Khabib is definitely putting in the work with his EagleFC.

Dana is going to be so difficult to replace. The enthusiasm isn’t there but hopefully he starts grooming a replacement.
Suga made a statement that he belongs but Yan should have gotten that decision. I saw the stats after and Suga had the edge with sig strikes but he was like 0/4 on TD and Yan had more control time and TD's by a mile.
I think the issue is Yan didn’t really attempt submissions or do major GnP. It definitely was a close fight. I had Yan winning the first watch. Rounds one and two. If Sean gets the title match…my man’s grappling and wrestling need an overhaul. Merab out there. Khabib has a guy coming up. Yan isn’t going anywhere.

I’ve heard folks say DC or Chael could become the heir apparent. Khabib is definitely putting in the work with his EagleFC.

Dana is going to be so difficult to replace. The enthusiasm isn’t there but hopefully he starts grooming a replacement.

I think the issue is Yan didn’t really attempt submissions or do major GnP. It definitely was a close fight. I had Yan winning the first watch. Rounds one and two. If Sean gets the title match…my man’s grappling and wrestling need an overhaul. Merab out there. Khabib has a guy coming up. Yan isn’t going anywhere.
All of those options sound good- I'm a bit partial to DC. Feel like he just exudes love for the sport but Khabib is becoming something special in the sport if he wasn't already.

I agree with your take on Yan there- feels like most of the takedowns were in response to taking solid shots from Suga. He did them to get out of trouble more than to set up his own offense. Yan is just something different and I'm waiting for him to get his shake again. Crazy to think that his whole trajectory changed based on a foul in the Sterling fight. Makes sense for sure but I know he has to think back at that moment and really kick himself about that one.

All of those options sound good- I'm a bit partial to DC. Feel like he just exudes love for the sport but Khabib is becoming something special in the sport if he wasn't already.

I agree with your take on Yan there- feels like most of the takedowns were in response to taking solid shots from Suga. He did them to get out of trouble more than to set up his own offense. Yan is just something different and I'm waiting for him to get his shake again. Crazy to think that his whole trajectory changed based on a foul in the Sterling fight. Makes sense for sure but I know he has to think back at that moment and really kick himself about that one.
Most definitely. That foul messed up my man’s wallet and legacy. He’d be on his third defense. Probably wouldn’t have fought Aljo again (since he was dominating that first fight).

With the O’Malley fight, he probably was over confident and didn’t think Sean would be able to hang with him striking, grappling or wrestling. He was right in the wrestling category. To be blunt, Sean needs to work on it. Sean’s striking works well against Peter. Sean is not really the type to press a la Colby Covington vs Robbie
Lawler.

Yan Definitely going to need to go back to the lab. Or try to finish these dudes quicker instead of the slowly ramping up approach he uses to overwhelm and TKO his opponent in Later rounds.

I feel like we got robbed not getting 5 rounds for dariush/gamrot and yan/O’Malley fight
That's kind of the issue I have when they do some of these big fights on a PPV for co-main and down. Some of them deserve to main event a FN but I also get why they want to be put on a big card.

Dariush did himself no favors with that post fight interview and he either doesn't care or is really or that naïve they'll give him a shot solely based off merit. He likely has to fight at least once more and then depending how Islam/Volk goes (really hoping it does take place in Perth in Feb) maybe he gets a crack later in 23'

If Chandler beats Poirier impressively at 281 we all know there's a good chance he leapfrogs Benny for another title shot.

Dariush did himself no favors with that post fight interview and he either doesn't care or is really or that naïve they'll give him a shot solely based off merit. He likely has to fight at least once more and then depending how Islam/Volk goes (really hoping it does take place in Perth in Feb) maybe he gets a crack later in 23'

If Chandler beats Poirier impressively at 281 we all know there's a good chance he leapfrogs Benny for another title shot.
Benny is an idiot

I can’t believe Ali manages him too

It’s unreal

Back
Top Bottom