The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC on NOW: Black Beast

best believe nate will be making peanuts no more.

He's a huge draw now, he might even be a bigger draw than his brother as of right now

The stage he was put on when he fought x beat conor was worldwide, he now has fans in countries he doesn't even know of.

I was watching a european telecast of the GSW game the other night, a UFC commercial came on a Nate DIaz was damn near the star....

Nate basically used connor as a stepping stone, and now hes one of the most recognizable faces on the roster...almost over night....it helps that his lineage in MMA runs deep, dood is acquiring new fans daily....

and when nick comes back, whoooo

Conor want to avenge that loss SOOOOOO bad, he need nate.....lol nate don't need conor for ****...he already cashed out on top.

Conor had this whole 2 division champ, make history in MMA thing planed out until this happened, now all that has been put to the side until he avenges this....if he don't avenge it, that stuff is off the table if most of it already isn't.

Why do you think he's looking to crossover into boxing? This cat want the glory man...he'll go wherever he can get it

Nate aint the cat to buy 2 phantoms, 5k suits, crazy jewelry and all that. He want to get paid, but he far from hurting for another panty night.

At the rate conor spending, he need to keep making money, you can only maintain that lifestyle for so long, its not even a real lifestyle its more of a temporary facade to help him keep making money.

2 different cats, when you understand the 2 and what drives them, you understand.
you wrote an essay to say absolutely nothing.

Please sit back, your opinion is totally wrong if that even make sense.

There's a reason why Floyd the boxing cash cow wants to fight McGregor.

Shhhhhhh ...

Nate's want to get paid, MacGregor is the ticket. No one else right now will bring that type of money.

Relax yourself ...

:rofl:

If anyone ever needed proof that Conor's mind games work... :lol:

Did you ever consider that the fight game is a form of entertainment, and people find Conor very entertaining? It's all a huge conspiracy to boost a washed up champ instead of him fading into irrelevancy, because that's what usually happens to belt holding fighters after they lose their 15 fight win streak to another very popular fighter in a massive event. Must be a conspiracy! :rofl:

As a former fighter myself, I can't get down with trash talk and WWE theatrics. The entertainment of the fight game is meant to be an entertaining fight, not posturing and making a fool of yourself. Just being Dana and company reward it doesn't mean it's worth anything. I'm cool with MMA reverting to the niche sport it was when I started watching it 15-20 years ago.

Get out of here with that back in my day garbage. You're getting way too emotional about business.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat you're cool but you're out of your mind if you think Nate Diaz is a star. UFC fans have unrealistic views of how marketable recognizable the fighters in the sport are.

Right now you have Ronda, Connor, and then....? Jon Jones maybe and depending on the action movie GSP? But the fact some people think he still fights says all there is.

Nate isnt a cross over star without Conor.

EDIT

Just realized Vince wasn't the one who said that

Know your role and leave this thread.

As a former fighter myself, I can't get down with trash talk and WWE theatrics. The entertainment of the fight game is meant to be an entertaining fight, not posturing and making a fool of yourself. Just being Dana and company reward it doesn't mean it's worth anything. I'm cool with MMA reverting to the niche sport it was when I started watching it 15-20 years ago.
when you talk about great hall of fame boxers ... who come to mind? Now tell me if they trash talk ....

You serious?

You're entitled to your opinion about what YOU enjoy, but what you're saying just isn't reality. You can't expect the entire world to align with your belief system.

..and the last part. ****. As a former fighter, you show no empathy for current fighters. Where do you think the $ comes from? You sound like a music fan that has turned on his favorite artist simply because they got famous.

best believe nate will be making peanuts no more.

He's a huge draw now, he might even be a bigger draw than his brother as of right now

The stage he was put on when he fought x beat conor was worldwide, he now has fans in countries he doesn't even know of.

I was watching a european telecast of the GSW game the other night, a UFC commercial came on a Nate DIaz was damn near the star....

Nate basically used connor as a stepping stone, and now hes one of the most recognizable faces on the roster...almost over night....it helps that his lineage in MMA runs deep, dood is acquiring new fans daily....

and when nick comes back, whoooo

Conor want to avenge that loss SOOOOOO bad, he need nate.....lol nate don't need conor for ****...he already cashed out on top.

Conor had this whole 2 division champ, make history in MMA thing planed out until this happened, now all that has been put to the side until he avenges this....if he don't avenge it, that stuff is off the table if most of it already isn't.

Why do you think he's looking to crossover into boxing? This cat want the glory man...he'll go wherever he can get it

Nate aint the cat to buy 2 phantoms, 5k suits, crazy jewelry and all that. He want to get paid, but he far from hurting for another panty night.

At the rate conor spending, he need to keep making money, you can only maintain that lifestyle for so long, its not even a real lifestyle its more of a temporary facade to help him keep making money.

2 different cats, when you understand the 2 and what drives them, you understand.
Only thing is, how many fights does he have left on that contract? I don't know if they're going to re-structure his deal or if they ever even do that. For a Conor main event PPV fight, yeah sure, Nate will be entitled to bonuses and other things. Outside of that, I don't know

Get out of here with that back in my day garbage. You're getting way too emotional about business.

No.

when you talk about great hall of fame boxers ... who come to mind? Now tell me if they trash talk ....

Plenty of great boxers throughout history that didn't have to talk trash and if they did, it wasn't the best thing that they could do.

You serious?

You're entitled to your opinion about what YOU enjoy, but what you're saying just isn't reality. You can't expect the entire world to align with your belief system.

..and the last part. ****. As a former fighter, you show no empathy for current fighters. Where do you think the $ comes from? You sound like a music fan that has turned on his favorite artist simply because they got famous.

I'm glad you found your way to the UFC from the WWE, there are a lot of you guys nowadays. I'm all for getting your money, but do that through negotiating fights and beating the best opponents. Don't try to do it simply by running your mouth because it is the only strength in your game.

If you never fought then you can't understand where I'm coming from. Fans that only like the trash talk garbage are the worst fans out there, sorry if that hits you in your feels bro.

Your entire rant is based on the assumption that fans only like the trash talk garbage. It's a flawed premise

I'm glad you found your way to the UFC from the WWE, there are a lot of you guys nowadays. I'm all for getting your money, but do that through negotiating fights and beating the best opponents. Don't try to do it simply by running your mouth because it is the only strength in your game.

If you never fought then you can't understand where I'm coming from. Fans that only like the trash talk garbage are the worst fans out there, sorry if that hits you in your feels bro.

With that intellect and limited perspective, you can't understand where anyone else is coming from. I could continue, but I'd simply be wasting my time.

No feels for me, I'll continue enjoying mma and mma conversation. You do you G

There are two type of fans, those that love trash talkers that can back it up and those that love to see those trash talkers get KO. Either way,the trash talkers are needed in order for the sport to be relevant and big pay outs to come. Who loves to see two dudes hug it out before the fight?

That's facts.

You don't need to trash talk to be great and prove it in the ring, but if you want to make that mega fight, you must likely are going to need that villain that is also great inside the ring that everyone wants for him to get KO.

Im willing to bet a diaz card nate and nick headline/co headline is in the works...

I think them boys could do 1m buys....

anyways enough of the nerd talk

gambrandt catch almeida this weekend?

or almeida make gambrand pay for coming in?

or almeida make gambrandt pay for coming in?

Real excited for the card Sunday.

Still surprised these two were matched up this early on in their UFC careers, but talk about a win for the fans.

I'm picking Almeida to catch Cody on a counter. Experience is the main factor I'm considering, but wouldn't be surprised to see Cody win either. For however long he's in there, he'll be throwing the hands trying to end Almeida's night. Really tough to judge their relative skill levels though with so few UFC fights and lower competition.

Last edited:

anyone thinking Nate dont have the leverage right now is outta their minds
How so? Again, Nate is on a crap contract. His only hope to get a bigger pay day is Conor. Conor on the other hand can fight anyone and still make boat loads of money. If Nate holds out for any reason he risks that Dana and Conor will move on to another opponent 

Conor more so is in control here since Dana is letting Conor pick his fights

But if I'm Nate I'm rolling the dice and assuming that Conor only wants me. That's probably why the meeting with Dana didn't go so well.

So Nate is hoping Conor only wants him. If Conor changes his mind, red panty night goes bye bye and it's back to 15k show 15k to win

Nate is absolutely a star...anyone thinking Nate dont have the leverage right now is outta their minds
none here have said that the Diaz brothers don't have a following. They have a Hardcore fan based. However, no one else is bringing Conor type of money. 1 million buys to see the Diaz brothers? In what world? LoL

Diaz only has leverage if he fights Connor. Will let me rephrase, he has very little leverage vs Dana, vices none that he had before.

Lets c how it plays out, I don't know these peoples, just going on the following.

There are two type of fans, those that love trash talkers that can back it up and those that love to see those trash talkers get KO. Either way,the trash talkers are needed in order for the sport to be relevant and big pay outs to come. Who loves to see two dudes hug it out before the fight?

That's facts.

You don't need to trash talk to be great and prove it in the ring, but if you want to make that mega fight, you must likely are going to need that villain that is also great inside the ring that everyone wants for him to get KO.

Watch top level Muay Thai and you'll see it all the time, it's called good sportsmanship at the elite level. And no, I'm not talking about Joe Schilling and heavyweights in Glory, I'm talking about fights in Thailand at any of the main stadiums in Bangkok.

I can't get down with theatrics at all, it all just looks like manufactured diva bs.

Watch top level Muay Thai and you'll see it all the time, it's called good sportsmanship at the elite level. And no, I'm not talking about Joe Schilling and heavyweights in Glory, I'm talking about fights in Thailand at any of the main stadiums in Bangkok.

I can't get down with theatrics at all, it all just looks like manufactured diva bs.
that's good man ... just like Karate is honorable ...

Get out of here with that **** man. We talking about boxing and MMA ... I can be honest and say I don't even know 1 Muay fighter.

And I seriously doubt they are in Mayweather or Conors league ....

Last edited:
The muay thai example may be a good one but I doubt many watch to even know what you're talking about. I don't like theatrics either unless it's really funny or unique.

The muay thai example may be a good one but I doubt many watch to even know what you're talking about. I don't like theatrics either unless it's really funny or unique.

I can agree with that because Nate was hilarious without forcing anything, but he isn't about theatrics.

Muay Thai fighters not being on McGregor's level? Now I know homeboy is ignorant if he is talking about skill, ability, and heart. If he's talking about being a loudmouth clown, than sure. As far as money goes, it's economies of scale with top level Muay Thai fighters earning decently given wages there.

Im willing to bet a diaz card nate and nick headline/co headline is in the works...

I think them boys could do 1m buys....

anyways enough of the nerd talk

or almeida make gambrand pay for coming in?

No love gon light almeida up IMO.

Back
Top Bottom