The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Love hearing Dana talking about all the new facilities in all the new areas of the world. Seems money is no issue. Meanwhile fighters getting 12/12 is a joke. So UFC just gonna build these new awesome fighting facilities to take the best of the athletes in the area and use them. Pay them least amount possible and make crazy money off them.

I repeat: these management teams finessing the fighters too. Doing a terrible job of getting the most for their clients

Fighters should worry about fighting and are stuck depending on their management to handle the business aspect

Assuming you’re calling me out.

Same guy that said he has no plan for Cejudo genius?

Actually why does he need a plan at all. The matchups should more or less make themselves if MMA is a real sport.

I dunno. He’s a pretty good business man I’ll give you that.

The sport isn’t gonna keep growing by putting a cap on how much fighters can earn though.

Mans begging for a bonus after every fight isn’t a good look

If I was calling you out I'd @ ya Haha have no clue what I've stated on the topic jus remember a gang of dudes swearing up and down they could do better business than the guy making BILLIONS from close to nothing. Sure hes had some strokes of luck but jus because he doesnt have a plan for all 2k fighters or whatever absurd number of fighters they have doesnt mean he doesnt have a plan...its jus that no INDiVIDUAL is a part of that bigger plan. These guys are worker bees.

Are these guys getting paid less than boxers?

Seems anecdotal besides the top stars who are big names and are real independent contractors. Canello, Deontay Wilder, Joshua, GGG, etc are not signed to the WBA, WBC, etc.

Besides Conor, no one is making big money.

It’s probably better to be a WWE wrestler, at least you get a merchandising cut.

Things are just getting worse. Unless they organize a union, the little guy will continue to not get paid their worth.

I'd make the argument that things are getting better... much better.

One of the benefits to transparency.

If you have real talent and or know how to market yourself you'll be paid... if you dont you wont.

A union will never happen because most of these guys come from nothin.... yall forgot Kimbos guy was paying cats 200 dollars to fracture their faces.

Shoot like I was jus sayin earlier mans just got paid 12k to risk what he did, ask him if he'd accept a fight @ 237 for 15 n 15...

As much as we view them as underpaid alot of them legit feel overpaid in their own minds eye.

also gotta consider with the new influx of fanbase, marketing, and revenue. compared to a decade ago, fighters are making way more than they used to. obviously they have a LONG way to go but it'll slowly increase with more promotions like one and bellator competing with ufc. (hopefully) It does baffle me how underpaid they are considering the years they spend training multiple fighting disciplines and some paying out of pocket for everything involved in a training camp.

Last edited:
I had about 10k leave my accounts in the past 45 days... I'm middle class, like middle middle. It really isn't **** haha

It's amazing how little these guys get paid compared to boxers.

Also, when you get over $10,000 in one go it may seem like a lot but really doesn't last long

$10K isn’t anything. Training Camp. Food. Travel. Medical/Sports treatment.

LI flipping houses on the side. DJ streaming. Brendan Schaub leaving for comedy, fight analysis, podcasts. Matt Riddle going to wrestling. Stipe has a day job of firefighting.

If I was an athlete, MMA would be my last choice. League minimums in MLB, NFL and NBA make the choice clear. I get where the options are still alluring for impoverished, ex cons, low income folks, former Judoka/Wrestlers, etc.

Well duh.... problem with that is .1% of the roster are the kinda athletes that could have suceeded at the highest level in a main stream sport.

Jon Jones could play football like his brothers had he dedicated his life to it. That's the only person in the UFC I feel confident about having a legit shot.

Who knows though maybe Izzy has a 40 inch vert and maybe Struve can rebound like Rodman.

Well TJ out here taking PEDs, cheating and risking the life of his opponents for peanuts.

Cody getting CTE for nothing. Probably not worth it on both accounts.

It doesn’t have to be peanuts. Usain Bolt got bread. But the 1% ain’t the 99% of racers not making anything.

At the end there’s a nobility and competitive fire that drives these men and women to compete in the octagon. Just sucks they’re not enjoying the fruits of the billions being passed around by a few rich men.

Agree with everyone in here saying what a shame it is what these fighters are being paid. It can not be said enough after camp, travel expenses, plus a hospital bill these guys really are making nothing.

So they offered Conor a fight w Gaethje lol. Last fight that man wants is gaethje. Prob offered tony the same fight. Gaethje kinda stuck being the guy nobody wants to fight. Respect to anyone who does.

MMA fighters make way less than boxers, Lomachenko just got $3.2 mil for a complete mismatch of an opponent and it wasn't a PPV, just ESPN+ card and Loma isn't even a top tier draw of a boxer

Can someone explain to me how TJ got 2 years for 1 test and jones who has technically failed 3 drug tests, yet I think the most he's gotten is 15 months?

Can someone explain to me how TJ got 2 years for 1 test and jones who has technically failed 3 drug tests, yet I think the most he's gotten is 15 months?

Didn’t jones snitch on people for a reduced sentence?

isnt the claim that tj had to knowingly take that via injection? im guessing jon could claim tainted supplement (and pulsating)

Yup.

Bones agreed to snitch + he finessed his way out because of the picograms and the tainted supplement argument, whereas EPO is injection only, so TJ knew exactly what he was doing. He admitted to all of it and he's not fighting it.

Back
Top Bottom