The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Think I’m taking KG over Rob this weekend. Robs a beast just thinking Gastelum might land flush more than once. Maybe not a knockout but I see a knockdown or 2. What was robs latest injury? Hand? Expecting a good fight
I'm a fan of Whittaker but have the same feeling. I hope I am wrong.

I mean they gonna make Tony fight for the interim again after stripping him of it?

Anderson crying during the weigh ins. Man, I hope his isn’t it.

And...that would be a horrible fight for interim title. I don’t think either is a legitimate challenger to Khabib. Got it, he’s not fighting right now. Make them fight for the 165 title. And have Tony/Dustin fight for he interim. This is win/win. Two title fights and two main events.

Anderson crying during the weigh ins. Man, I hope his isn’t it.

And...that would be a horrible fight for interim title. I don’t think either is a legitimate challenger to Khabib. Got it, he’s not fighting right now. Make them fight for the 165 title. And have Tony/Dustin fight for he interim. This is win/win. Two title fights and two main events.
A 165 title makes too much sense. Opens up the light 170s to come down. And then basically have to open a 175 instead of 170. A division every 10lbs. Just don’t understand why they wouldn’t do it?? Anyone?

they def gassed silva crying, he did cry bit it was more of him crying that UFC gave him
a shot more than any thing else

Maybe. But it was definitely a moment. He couldn’t speak for a moment and influenced Israel afterward. That fight is definitely the people’s main event as Ariel has stated.

I've already stated this possibility a month ago. I know a lot of y'all don't like it but it makes sense from the UFC's perspective

I completely agree with you. It completely solves their problem of main events for pay per views.

And sadly...from a promotional perspective, they could literally make the fight four to five months from now. Announce that Tyron/Usman is the last title fight at 170. The “issue” is just getting the logistics and timing down and also communicating to their roster who wants to move down to 165 and move up to 175.

Conor/Khabib inaugural 165 (really just a popularity and historical fight. They wouldn’t keep the title for long lol).

Tyron/Usman vs Colby Covington.

The other question does this merit a 195 division? I don’t think so due to the dearth of fighters at MW, LHW and HW. It’s the issue at women’s featherweight.

Khabib makes more sense at 165. Also where askren would be. Basically what I’m waiting to see. 2 grown bears wrestling. After that can make all the hype fights you want. Either way 165 division needs to happen

Khabib is not fighting until the end of the year. Khabib has not had issues making weight his last three fights following the Ferguson fight that fell through. At this point, LW is stalling. An interim title can at least get the division moving again. If Porier and Ferguson are ready, let them go. I’m not a big fan of interim titles...but in certain situations, it makes sense (with Barao or Ferguson). I’ll say some of these title pictures are messes they made in the pursuit of money (MW w GSP, LW w Conor, JBJ lol).

The company still has to make money. Short term, Conor vs Cowboy fighting for the title in a new division is good from a promotional standpoint. Probably a 750K+ buy rate. Long term, the 155ers that are a smidge too big for that division and the 175ers too small for that division will probably move to 165 including Askren.

There is enough talent. There’s not enough talent for a 195 division.

Ah I misspoke, I saw Cowboy vs Conor could be the 155 interim belt. Welp, either way I knew Dana wouldn't hesitate to give Conor another free title shot

The reason why 165 would be nice is that 170 and 155 is stagnant.

Khabib isn’t fighting until November

Woodley only fought once in 2018

If a champion only fights 2x a year that’s only 4 title fights between the 2 divisions.

So adding another 2 title fights to the mix would make things more interesting.

Theoretically between all the divisions there should be a title fight every month, but it seems like it doesn’t always play out that way.

Think even mcgregor knows he’s not next in like for a belt of any kind. Idk how you get tapped then next fight for a title. Would love the cowboy/Conor matchup just not for a belt. Poirier and tony much more deserving at this point

If they do an interim 55 belt in April...regardless of who wins....the winner will be able to defend the belt 1x time before Khabib comes back to unify....

throw cowboy x conor for interim...winner gets to defend against the winner between Ferg and Dustin for #1 Contender...

winner of that fight gets to unify against khalabeeb in November.....

its great, its essentially a LW tourney to unify the belt in November....

I understand business is business but Ferg/Dustin should be for interim and Conor/Cowboy for #1 contender.

I’m sure we all know this but I still felt compelled to type it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom