The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

So Daley hates fighting guys like Fitch but it's ok for him to hold guys down?!? I had Page in the fight but boy did this one under deliver. If Lima takes him down I'd say he takes it easy butuf MVP works on his tdd it could be closer than we think.

Oh and Valerie Loureda though...

i flipped over last night and was looking for cain fight and found out it was on a sunday
espn/ufc really wants to go up against the nba tonight? :lol:

Imo, I understand the logic of the UFC going against the All Star game. I think we are forgetting this is what the UFC has been doing recently, this will be the third consecutive year

It could be that they don't necessarily aim for a huge ratings boom, they just want new fans. Once the All Star game is over they could be betting on these potential new fans to flip over to ESPN out of habit and bam, you have James Vick vs Felder coming on. I can see what they're doing, the rest of the card isn't that great for causals, they could be simply trying to capitalize on their last 2 fights

2018: "While there are too many variables to draw a direct comparison, it’s certainly worth noting. Overall, UFC Fight Night 126, headlined by the welterweight pairing of Donald Cerrone vs. Yancy Medeiros, averaged 893,000 viewers (get full results here).

Impressive, considering UFC was up against the Olympics, as well as the NBA All-Star Game. As for Mitrione and Bellator 194, that telecast returned 555,000 looks, spread across live and DVR viewers (those results here)."

2017: "The event itself was pretty entertaining and was watched by some 900,000 plus people. This according to Sports TV Ratings. By comparison, Fight Night 104 did better, averaging 1.1 million views. That event featured the return of the Korean Zombie Chan Sung Jung taking on Dennis Bermudez.

All in all, it wasn’t as highly rated as some previous Fight Nigh events, but most hover around that million viewer mark."

Michael Eaves on Sportscenter right now saying "if you have not ever seen Francis N. Gone-Know, he is a physical beast!!!"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

So weird that Chael works for Bellator and was on the desk last night for the broadcast.. and is also employed by ESPN which obviously covers the UFC... so Chael in a round about way works for the UFC too :lol: breaking down the card tonight is funny

ESPN aint playin around with tonight's card. Sportscenter right now was basically a pre-fight teaser show. They've shown about 3 different types of commercials for the event for the past hour and then there's this

Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 5.55.01 PM.png

barao so damn washed and has been for years :sick: sanders cracked him good on that finish.

So weird that Chael works for Bellator and was on the desk last night for the broadcast.. and is also employed by ESPN which obviously covers the UFC... so Chael in a round about way works for the UFC too :lol: breaking down the card tonight is funny

I wouldn’t say it’s a conflict of interest. Chael obviously has multiple streams of income gym, Bellator fighter, ESPN analyst and podcaster (and who knows what else).

There’s no conflict of interest since he covers everything on his podcast and ESPN gigs.

Ariel is in the same boat. His employer has a broadcasting deal with the UFC but on his show, he covers Bellator, UFC, BJJ, Wrestling, etc.

I respect *** Rogan, Brandon Schaub and Chael. They’re getting their money multiple ways. Don’t even ask me how Schaub became a comedian. Smart.

R1 to Aljo. Octagon control, wrist control. Numerous knees in the clinch. Kicks from distance.

Not feeling this ref. Breaking apart the action when Aljo was clearly working, landing knees in the clinch. Man’s made a reactive decision to the crowd booing.

R2 to Aljo. Jimmie got the early takedown but didn’t do much with it and Sterling got to his feet rather quickly. Rivera secured the front headlock but that was more for recovery time to get his gas and wits back. Sharp left end of the round, followed by two strong leg kicks.

Aljo hit the spinning back-fist to stun Rivera. Overhand right landed after that. Loved the body kicks and body shots Aljo landed when Jimmie was hurt and backed against the cage.

30-27 for Aljo. He fought smart. Used his length and controlled the distance. Rivera fought timid. Body language was poor after R2. Man’s was dejected after all the build-up. Showed too much respect for Aljo’s kicks, clearly afraid of the left head kick from the southpaw stance. Afraid of the takedown too. Jimmie just didn’t use his boxing, couldn’t time the counter with his striking.

I like Aljo’s body work in R2 and feints in R3, but I want to see more of that from the jump. Doesn’t always string together combos. Gotta set up his money shots better moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom