The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Aww....man, I wanted one more fight but I guess that is too much to ask. His last fight was great though. I saw that card at a bar in SF and it was the most fun I've ever had watching a fight.

I would have loved to see khabib fight gsp but not too upset if it never happens

The mystique of it all diminishes to me when you have one of the fighters basically retired and not active anymore

I don’t mind moving on from that era

^this
dude was hella boring and would just lay and pray
still think chubby hendricks beat him

^Pre USADA Johnny Hendricks?

It’s even worse cause GSP was sort of being a rat snitch in wanting the WADA or VADA testing for someone who suspected was abusing PEDs.

If GSP fought Hendricks now, he’d probably win.

Plus I’m making excuses and GSP was probably suffering from Grade 4 CTE. Talking about Velicopteraptors and UFOs.

GSP definitely had one of the best careers of any fighter but honestly after UFC 100 he wasn't that entertaining to watch sans the Bisping fight. A bout with Khabib would be fun but as somewhat of a traditional fan I don't want the LW belt getting held up any more than it already has.

So hearing the Conor/Cowboy fight is happening and an interim lw fight between Ferguson and Holloway is rumored. The latter fight would be amazing.

Wonder what is going on with Poirier, I doubt the UFC is willing to release him. Sounds like he was promised a title eliminator by the UFC at one point last year.

Which bar? :nerd:

Blackthorn?

you in sf?

GSP definitely had one of the best careers of any fighter but honestly after UFC 100 he wasn't that entertaining to watch sans the Bisping fight. A bout with Khabib would be fun but as somewhat of a traditional fan I don't want the LW belt getting held up any more than it already has.

So hearing the Conor/Cowboy fight is happening and an interim lw fight between Ferguson and Holloway is rumored. The latter fight would be amazing.

Wonder what is going on with Poirier, I doubt the UFC is willing to release him. Sounds like he was promised a title eliminator by the UFC at one point last year.

those canadians came out for him and he was also fortunate to be on big cards

Last edited:
you in sf?

tenor.gif

Yup

Heard Stipe wants DC rematch on 236 as well. Not that I think it will happen. But that card looking to be great as well.

Stipe ****ing deserves it tho

Honestly feel bad for stipe

He breaks the record for most title defenses and is reduced to begging and pleading for a rematch. I don’t think he necessarily deserves one but I do feel for him

man **** these superfights jamming up divisions just for short-term gain... lw enough of a cluster**** as is :sick: rushing max into moving up could turn out like conor where his advantages at FW might not translate as assumed with the bigger boys in the division and the roll he's been on gets destroyed.

Last edited:
Honestly feel bad for stipe

He breaks the record for most title defenses and is reduced to begging and pleading for a rematch. I don’t think he necessarily deserves one but I do feel for him

he’s too dangerous to the current narratives they wanna profit off of.

Stipe and Jon especially would be sweet and something fresh

Which bar? :nerd:

Blackthorn?

Rumors (https://www.yelp.com/biz/rumors-san-francisco-4) in SOMA near the freeway exit. Honestly a crappy venue but first time being in a bar with a lot of UFC fans and the last 3 fights were just so good and got everyone fired up. I even went to the John Jones Vs Gustavson fight card in LA at the end of last year and I swear the vibe of the crowd was totally dead and just didn't live up to my expectations. I so wish it was in Vegas.

Back
Top Bottom