The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- UFC 300 ON NOW

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat If Stipe doesn’t deserve a rematch would you say no one ever deserves a rematch considering what he accomplished? Genuinely asking if that’s your philosophy, not that I agree or disagree. Especially since he already defended it against the next highest contender. A rematch is honestly the only fight that makes sense for him outside of something like Jon Jones.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat If Stipe doesn’t deserve a rematch would you say no one ever deserves a rematch considering what he accomplished? Genuinely asking if that’s your philosophy, not that I agree or disagree. Especially since he already defended it against the next highest contender. A rematch is honestly the only fight that makes sense for him outside of something like Jon Jones.
Immediate (and plain) rematches depend on so many factors, it's difficult to have a black and white philosophy. I would never say no one would ever not deserve a rematch, that's silly

The Stipe/DC situation has so many elements to it. Number one is that DC isn't a full time HW. Number two is that he's on the brink of retirement. Number 3 is that Stipe got KO'd fair and square, not even in a flash KO type of fashion

As far as whom exactly deserves the next shot at HW, you can make the argument that Francis actually "leaped ahead" of Stipe

Plus if DC chose Brock, as much as I'd hate the matchup on paper, I wouldn't be mad at DC for choosing the pay day going into retirement. He deserves the chance to decide which fights he wants to end his career

So essentially DC should get to do whatever he wants is the the only reason Stipe wouldn’t deserve a rematch?

I can’t get on board with Francis leaping Stipe. Stipe defended the belt longer than anyone ever. Francis lost to Stipe and has had one legitimate win since. He lost to Derrick Lewis in the worst fight I’ve ever seen.

So essentially DC should get to do whatever he wants is the the only reason Stipe wouldn’t deserve a rematch?

I can’t get on board with Francis leaping Stipe. Stipe defended the belt longer than anyone ever. Francis lost to Stipe and has had one legitimate win since. He lost to Derrick Lewis in the worst fight I’ve ever seen.
Yes. I don't see the issue with this. It sucks for Stipe and like I said I feel for him

While Stipe has been inactive, Francis TKO'd Blaydes (who was on a 6 fight win streak) and Cain consecutively. That's an arguable case

Not much different than Aldo McGregor I guess. I’m not arguing btw.

Although I do disagree with Francis. If he can’t get a rematch because of what DC has earned then Francis shouldn’t leap Stipe given what Stipe has earned.

Yeah def no argument, I'm a Stipe fan. I just think he's in an unfortunate situation. I don't blame him for continuing to make his case, it's fallen on deaf ears at this point

With how trash the division is, he'll get a shot soon enough. Just might not be against DC

IF that Tony and Max fight happens, man that excites me. After 237 I am assuming 238 would be the vegas card with DC or McGregor headlining it?

Eh. Stipe should have fought already.

Then all this should it be Francis or him nonsense wouldn’t have been in the air.

Do I think it’s fair, no. But it’s the same reason why Kelvin has to fight Israel.

They could technically have Francis wait and fight the winner of Stipe/DC, have him fight JDS or loan him to Bellator to beat Ryan Bader.

Either tony and max (prefer) or tony and Dustin (deserved)
Dustin I truly feel for. Been inactive for 7 months now but has been trying to fight for what he deserves. An interim fight with Tony would have actually been perfect on every level

That Max vs Tony rumored fight though :sick::smh: I'll allow it

If Cowboy loses to Perry or Hernandez, Dustin probably gets his big money fight :smh: cookie just didn't crumble his way

Im happy stipe is still out here trying to get after it. idk why but for some reason he gave me this vibe that he was going to retire once his streak ended. i would love to see him bounce back and stay on top again.

Im happy stipe is still out here trying to get after it. idk why but for some reason he gave me this vibe that he was going to retire once his streak ended. i would love to see him bounce back and stay on top again.

i think it was more negotiation since he is up there in age. wanted a bump in pay and ppv shares, which he received.

As much as I want to see that fight

Khabib vs GSP retirement fight
Max vs Frankie retirement fight
Tony vs Dustin interim title fight

Khabib vs Tony
Max vs Conor

Everyone wins

Even though I knew the time was coming, seeing GSP officially retiring has me in my feels.

He made us proud in Montreal. I wish him all the best.

georges-st-pierre-ufc-167.jpg

Ufc most likely been having money and with the new espn deal and growing brand you know they got big bags to give out but still probably won’t distribute evenly :lol:

Shame we could not get that khabib and GSP fight, especially considering how on board GSP was with it.

Shame we could not get that khabib and GSP fight, especially considering how on board GSP was with it.

They both wanted it smh

GSP was not willing to take a multi-fight deal with the UFC, he wanted to take it fight by fight starting with Khabib and he says he understands the UFC decision because it's a business.

Currently watching his press conference. Feels :frown:

Back
Top Bottom