The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

RDA and Benson toyed with Nate, but both of those dudes are also elite championship level at 155. Conor hasn't proven to be on that level yet.

And I've been a Diaz bros fan since forever but even I'm not as confident Nate is gonna get this W as some of the guys in here seem to be. Despite the way the first fight ended it's still a toss up fight to me, with maybe a slight edge to Nate.

Conor's performance can only improve, whereas Nate is who he is at this point. And Conor is actually training like a real fighter now and preparing for his specific opponent, bringing in legit sparring partners instead of the bums he trains with, and if he's smart he's going super hard on the cardio. I'm really not sure how this thing is gonna play out

RDA and Benson toyed with Nate, but both of those dudes are also elite championship level at 155. Conor hasn't proven to be on that level yet.

And I've been a Diaz bros fan since forever but even I'm not as confident Nate is gonna get this W as some of the guys in here seem to be. Despite the way the first fight ended it's still a toss up fight to me, with maybe a slight edge to Nate.

Conor's performance can only improve, whereas Nate is who he is at this point. And Conor is actually training like a real fighter now and preparing for his specific opponent, bringing in legit sparring partners instead of the bums he trains with, and if he's smart he's going super hard on the cardio. I'm really not sure how this thing is gonna play out
Completely different styles of fighters between bendo/rda and Conor... Those two toyed with Nate because they could grind him out on the mat too which they did

For Conor to toy with Nate purely standing is difficult for me to envision

A win for Conor wouldn't be a surprise at all though

Last edited:
Well rda has been on beast mode. That dude doesnt count. Hes been like an unstoppable wrecking machine.

Nates weakness has never been striking. He has trouble with really good wrestlers that are constantly threatening him with take down and then break the distance.
Conor is not going to do that. It will be a striking match and nate is too long and big for conor to beat him on the feet. If it goes to the ground poor conor has less of a chance with nates far superior bjj.

I dont see a way how conor can beat nate. But its the fight game. Anything can happen.

I think the strategy to beat the Diaz brothers standing up is pretty clear: throw a ton of leg kicks and be constantly moving. Condit and GSP did it to Nick, Bendo and RDA did it to Nate. Their bladed, heavy-front-footed boxing style lends itself to taking significant punishment on that lead leg. Conor also has the advantage of being a southpaw, which means his rear, power leg lands on the outside of Nate's lead leg. It's there all day. He has to put his ego aside and fight intelligent if he wants to beat Nate. 

this lands all day. diaz brothers literally can't check the kick due to their boxing stance. they have to absorb it. conor has to start by teeing off on that lead leg if he wants to win.

936NKYKPRhbos.gif

Last edited:
Conor isn't coming in any lighter, if he does Nate will be even bigger and hurt him that much more.

yeah public perception has swayed on conor quite a bit since the loss....

just like it did when DC talked up that hurricane before the jones fight....then lost.

Now its like you kind of take what DC says (about jones at least) for face value now....

The same thing is happening to conor, I don't think this next press conference is going to go as he thinks

dude is literally doubling up, all or nothing on this fight.

He loose again....no longer will he be the money fight, and his ability to promote will drastically take a hit

I admire dood for the gamble...lord knows I aint no gamblin man
Diff is Cormier never discredited Jones as a fighter, he always said Jones was the best, even now....conor told us diaz movements were predictable, weight don't matter, he'll ko him within a rd, completely discredited his fighting abilities

one thing to talk about how diaz looks and whatnot but he wrote him off as a fighter, thats a no no

I think the strategy to beat the Diaz brothers standing up is pretty clear: throw a ton of leg kicks and be constantly moving. Condit and GSP did it to Nick, Bendo and RDA did it to Nate. Their bladed, heavy-front-footed boxing style lends itself to taking significant punishment on that lead leg. Conor also has the advantage of being a southpaw, which means his rear, power leg lands on the outside of Nate's lead leg. It's there all day. He has to put his ego aside and fight intelligent if he wants to beat Nate. 

this lands all day. diaz brother's literally can't check the kick due to their boxing stance. they have to absorb it. conor has to start by teeing off on that lead leg if he wants to win.

936NKYKPRhbos.gif

Agreed. The blueprint is definitely out there, it's just a matter of if Conor has the skills to pull it off, and whether he can put his ego aside and not turn it into a brawl. Just look at when Nate fought Michael Johnson. Johnson took the first round fairly easily off leg kicks and movement but then Nate pressured, sucked him into a brawl and then commenced to whip his *** :lol:.

I think Nate breaks him down and KOs or submits him if it turns into a brawl again, or if Conor's cardio ain't there.

But I think it's gonna be interesting because we're basically gonna see just how good (or not good) Conor's standup really is this time around, no excuses about weight or change of opponents or just fighting like a moron are gonna work now. Toying with Nate definitely ain't gonna happen, but if Conor is anywhere near as good standing up as he's been advertising himself to be then I don't see why fighting a smart technical fight and outpointing him should be out of the question.

I'm just hoping that his standup is good enough to give us a good 2 or 3 exciting rounds at least, but not quite good enough to keep Nate from eventually whippin his *** again :lol:. We'll see tho

Rumble/Glover and Cerrone/Story added to 202...which might turn out to be stacked as hell esp if the Nick Diaz/Condit rematch rumor is true

UFC 202 

Welterweight Nate Diaz vs. Conor McGregor
Light Heavyweight Anthony Johnson vs. Glover Teixeira
Welterweight Rick Story vs. Donald Cerrone
Welterweight Hyun Gyu Lim vs. Sultan Aliev
Welterweight Alberto Uda vs. Marvin Vettori

Announced bouts

Lightweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Al Iaquinta[8]
Bantamweight bout: Cody Garbrandt vs. Takeya Mizugaki[9]
Welterweight bout: Neil Magny vs. Dong Hyun Kim[10]
Women's Bantamweight bout: Raquel Pennington vs. Elizabeth Phillips[11]
Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Demian Maia[12]

Last edited:
Asked this before but I'm finally going to start. Local BJJ academy has a special for $30 for the first month.

Anything I should know before starting? Tips? Gi vs no gi?

202 >>>> 200 for me personally...

Only really interested in the Aldo and Jones fights, the others will be entertaining no doubt but...I wouldnt be mad if I didnt see them...

202 though...condit, rumble, diaz, mcgregor, cowboy, magny, no love all have my peak interest.

202 >>>> 200 for me personally...

Only really interested in the Aldo and Jones fights, the others will be entertaining no doubt but...I wouldnt be mad if I didnt see them...

202 though...condit, rumble, diaz, mcgregor, cowboy, magny, no love all have my peak interest.
pimp.gif

Maia can't get no love breh lol

Also return of Iaquinta

ayeee I ***** with maia...but condit my boyyy man! For me, condit is must see every time he fight

how you been in the ufc for like 10+ years and 28 of your 30 W's are finishes :x :x :x

Im not the biggest Iaquinta fan, the way he "beat" masvidal kinda left a salty taste in my mouth...would like to see him put some impressive wins together....actually im not really impressed(LOL who am I right? :lol:) with any of ray longo's guys

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom