The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

A few factors

They figure Hendo will draw more viewers, which means more money

They want to capitalize on a grudge match between Hendo and Bisping

Jacare doesn't speak English

They really don't care about Jacare. They don't want to give him the push or invest in him 

Cowboy on DC:

"How you gonna give up weight and then fight like a f*g, man?" Cerrone said.

CM Punk, who did the Q&A with Cerrone, defended Cormier, calling his showing a "masterclass" in wrestling. CM Punk added that no one booed Brock Lesnar for the identical strategy against Mark Hunt. Cerrone doubled down, though.

"That's different," Cerrone said. "That was Brock. Anderson gives up 30 pounds, flies in on two days notice and fights you. Stand up and fight, mother f*cker."

"Cowboy" added that if Jones fought, he would not have had a hard time against Cormier.

"Jon Jones would beat the f*ck out of him," Cerrone said. ... "He got lucky. Lucky again."

At T-Mobile Arena on Saturday night, Cerrone was audibly leading the "stand them up" chant in the crowd from the stands.

Cowboy's ignorant *** needs to be more worried about why his *** constantly chokes in big fights.

If he was in DC's position, he probably would have been washed in the first round.

And I like how he was so anti PED when he had to face Rafa Dos, but now he mans gets popped, he not stepping on the soap box.

Last edited:
Completely agree

I dunno. I like DC but he's looked subpar against Mir, Nelsom and Jones. I feel like with his Olympic pedigree he should dominate more and probably be in better shape than his dad bod. Having said that, LHW is the most shallow it's been in a long time. Jones cleared the division out before his meltdown.

Also Cowboy with the apology for the F bomb. He should know better especially after Bisping.

Last edited:
what were the results of the 'b-sample?'

or did the jones camp go ghost
Positive 
mean.gif

Cowboy's ignorant *** needs to be more worried about why his *** constantly chokes in big fights.

If he was in DC's position, he probably would have been washed in the first round.

And I like how he was so anti PED when he had to face Rafa Dos, but now he mans gets popped, he not stepping on the soap box.
he's speaking the truth

i understand he didnt want to risk losing, but it is what it is, boring, we watched a heavyweight outwrestle a middleweight

Last edited:
A few factors

They figure Hendo will draw more viewers, which means more money
They want to capitalize on a grudge match between Hendo and Bisping
Jacare doesn't speak English

They really don't care about Jacare. They don't want to give him the push or invest in him 

this
aint no way they can sell bisping/jacare as a main event

fans give brock a lot of **** for some reason. aint his fault ufc throwing money at him like that. sure, he is a novice in mma, but dude isnt really taking anyone's "spot" on the roster. who else was mark hunt going to fight? he aint making a title run anytime soon
his opponents sure aint mad since they getting paid, too.
heard brock got 2.5M guaranteed, 5k (lowest on the roster) from reebok, and ppv cut. will probably end up closer to 10-15M? :nerd:
if anything, these fighters need to find a way to get their money. ufc making money hand over fist

could he beat a top 5HW? most likely not, but it'd be interesting and would draw eyeballs.

Last edited:
Brock will def be back. Rumor is he banked more than 2 mil for the fight, plus winning is gonna give him the desire to compete again. i could see maybe nyc card or nye card

Also i have no prob with passing up on Jacare, he's on a 1 fight win streak, not like he's max holloway here. Have him fight Weidman for the next title shot in new york

And smh at anyone complaining about Dc. Silva's only real chance was to hurt him standing early, and Dc being a wrestler it made sense to take him down. He was actually working on the ground, just watched the fight again. and he did decent standing. 

Also if Aldo fights that way against Conor do we see a boring fight? Conor likes to counter too and won't chase Aldo, he will try to repeat the first fight but if Aldo doesn't bite does it become a starin contest?

Dana stays as promoter (sold part of his 10% stake)

Fertita brothers sold part of 80% stake, all 3 parties (white included) have little bit of stake left

Confirmed by person that interviewed them for the announcement

aldo is happy just sitting back and countering while connecting on a few good punches and a lot of leg kicks.

Last edited:
Brock Lesnar defeating Mark Hunt was a good win, but it was also a hyped win. Mark Hunt has too many holes in his game and is only known for his power and knock out ability against mid-tier opponents. They're really trying to hype up Brock with "Defeating a top 10 Heavyweight". Like for real? The man is athletic, has good speed and strong, but I see him getting his *** whooped by the other 9 Heavyweights. Like what's next? Putting Brock Lesnar in the top 15 P4P list?

UFC selling for $4 Billion was smart, pulled a Tom from MySpace move, sell it at its highest peak, because it will be worth less later when new stars can't be established.

Brock Lesnar defeating Mark Hunt was a good win, but it was also a hyped win. Mark Hunt has too many holes in his game and is only known for his power and knock out ability against mid-tier opponents. They're really trying to hype up Brock with "Defeating a top 10 Heavyweight". Like for real? The man is athletic, has good speed and strong, but I see him getting his *** whooped by the other 9 Heavyweights. Like what's next? Putting Brock Lesnar in the top 15 P4P list?

UFC selling for $4 Billion was smart, pulled a Tom from MySpace move, sell it at its highest peak, because it will be worth less later when new stars can't be established.
I had tom in my top 8. Wonder what hes doing now. I didn't even know MySpace got sold. How much he get

You sound like a hater bro. Holes or not what was Mark Hunt ranked coming into the fight on Saturday?

HW is currently a weak division, Mark has a record of 12-10 prior to fighting Brock, how's that top 10? That's laughable.

I had tom in my top 8. Wonder what hes doing now. I didn't even know MySpace got sold. How much he get

$580 million.

Last edited:
welp UFC 200 was a pretty legit disappointment in my books. glad i didnt pay..

best fights IMO....

gegard vs santos...it was good seeing gegard actually being aggressive and looking for the finish, it came very easy for him. I bellieve he has the tools to beat anyone in the top 5....hope he gets chris or luke next....

man louzan looked good, granted it was against punch drunk diego but he caught him and got him out of there quick

aldo....:smokin looked sharp, chin held up too....mcgregor rematch got some steam now 8)

LOL mcgegor ain't got the fan favor he had going into 198, seemed like he was booed more than he was cheered, lets see how that plays into the rematch

lol travis brown aint got no chin man, fool is chuck status at 33 years old lol

dissapointed in cat, long layoff took its toll...dont see her competing for the belt anytime soon....

im telling yall, big rigg on his way out.....bellator next

brock....man he looked alright, he was able to get the takedowns against hunt, which ain't saying much, but he was able to...so props to brock...stuck to his strength and won. At heavyweight anything can happen....if he gets a big win over JDS, Cain, or Werdum I see them giving him a shot.....good for him, respect. HUnt couldn't close the distance, brock tall af....

dillashaw, meh.....looked alright

sage, was able to weather the storm, good win for him.

DC....i mean, dood was prolly better off not fighting at all....think his stock took a hit laying and praying on the spider...his performance was worse than Jon's against St Preux so.................

Again, gegard prolly had the most quality win for me.

tate x nunes....lol whatever...i almost didn't even watch it....don't care at all, sorry....not sorry.

I mean, all things taken to account....I enjoyed 199 >>>> 200

poirier KO'ing an over confident bobby green >>>> anything that happened on 200

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom