The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

marcellus on sportsnation said it was one of the best fights he's seen in years. Someone show him and cowherd lawler-rory 2 or lawler-condit.
these dudes probably ain't watched any fights before 2015 
laugh.gif

Report that bellator set to offer 350k to cowboy. Still ain't enough really they should be making more

Cowboy is in too deep atm imo.

He's looking great at 170. He has a win over the current 155 champ who he just called out. And he's probably on a very short list of potential opponents for Conor.

The UFC are going to look after dude if Bellator come with serious paper.

Dillon danis the bjj training partner of Conor said he will fight Nate in Mma anytime

Nate called him out saying he's on his hit list for helping Conor even though he's American

Danis has no Mma experience lol

Danis tried to shake his hand after the fight and Nate wasn't having it, then he trashed him after the fight

Conors coach says he doesn't think 145 is worth it anymore there's basically no challenge. Thinks 155 is the division

Nate Diaz vape pen that he used after UFC 202 is under investigation by USADA. He can face potential ban.

Why y'all so defensive about what other viewers feel was their best fight experience? Let these sports enthusiasts live in this moment. The more they talk about the UFC, the better in my opinion.
Agreed. I'm happy. Conor/Ronda are the gateway for MMA to gain more mainstream attention.

But I posted four fights that were classics. There were probably a half to a dozen quality fights in the last year. Cruz/Dillashaw, Lawler/McDonald2, Lawler/Condit, JJ/Gadhella, Cormier/Gustafson, Browne/Arloski, Weidman/Rockhold, etc.

I, admittedly, do not watch WSOF and Bellator (well once in awhile) so the list could be expansive. There are dozens of great fights. That's why I'm passionate that MMA get more mainstream acceptance. It'll only make the sport better.

Imagine if more Asians, Blacks, Hispanics, etc got into MMA. It's just not there yet where young children will be attracted to MMA like B Ball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, etc. It's a pretty tough and brutal sport.

Nate Diaz vape pen that he used after UFC 202 is under investigation by USADA. He can face potential ban.

What's in vape pens that can get him banned? They really need to stop with banning people because of stuff other than ped's. The problem now is so much stuff are used as masking agents.

What's in vape pens that can get him banned? They really need to stop with banning people because of stuff other than ped's. The problem now is so much stuff are used as masking agents.

He kind of ratted on himself by saying it was a CBA and it "helps" him recover after a fight.

Firas Zahabi gave a great post fight analysis of McGregor/Diaz2. He gave rounds 1, 2 and 4 to McGregor. He said they were pretty much almost even. He gave kudos to Connor for making adjustments to his strategy, minimizing the taxing strikes he throws, utilizing leg kicks and improved conditioning.

nate is gonna make 13M when its all said and done

mcgregor change his/his familys life. he should be very grateful 

his career was dead before megregor. making 100k a fight 

nate is gonna make 13M when its all said and done

mcgregor change his/his familys life. he should be very grateful 

his career was dead before megregor. making 100k a fight 
Pretty much true, however I have to give credit to Nate for beating Conor in the first fight on days notice

Had he not won, he may not have ever gotten the rematch which was the life changing purse

Pretty much true, however I have to give credit to Nate for beating Conor in the first fight on days notice

Had he not won, he may not have ever gotten the rematch which was the life changing purse
nate is set for life if he doesn't go crazy and buy useless crap like mcgregor

probably get sponsorhsip money that he lost in that rbk deal

Actually I think cowboy still has most of his big sponsors still. Not all sponsors left fighters just cuz the logo isn't displayed on fight week. Most of em use social media and promo spots outside the ufc to stay sponsored

dana said he was thinking about rumble/jones but i don't think rumble will go for it.

i really do like the sound of jones coming out unscathed once again only to get flatlined.

I'm kind of curious. Can JBJ survive one of Rumbles scorchers? So far, DC is the only one to weather the storm lately.

Rumble is literally bodying the LHW. The only meaningful matches left are JBJ and rematch with DC.

Dana is on UFC Unfiltered today, and says he will try to get Rumble versus Bones, but I believe Bones should get someone else before he gets Rumble, and Jones is my favorite, but i think Cormier should fight Rumble for the title first. And when Jones beats his guy he should get winner of Cormier-Rumble.

Back
Top Bottom