The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

So Bellator gonna become the retirement league?

They should do a co-promoted Bellator vs. WSOF card

Last edited:
I was gonna say he probably just wants to be back in the sport for a little distraction from what happened recently. Hitting people can be therapeutic.

bellator been a retirement home. Has people who should've retired years ago or are way over the hill.

He's smart. He knows they're probably gonna bring CM Punk over and that'll be a huge draw on network TV, lopsided loss and all, and he'll get on that card and get himself a piece of the advertising revenue.

Chael is smart. And like someone else said, let the dude distract himself. Can't even imagine what's going through his head.

Randy Couture fought at an older age, heavier weight. Bellator has no USADA. Chael is gonna be fine.

Nobody is doubting that he's smart. He's always been smart

I'm asking why should anyone be interested. But hey people like what they like I guess

Isn't wand with bellator now or will be soon? Would kinda wanna see who would win a fight between those two washed up, old guys.

The tone on Chael has changed so much. His trash talk got pretty insane, like way more racist than Conor

I personally found it entertaining but I could see how people would be offended especially brazilians

The tone on Chael has changed so much. His trash talk got pretty insane, like way more racist than Conor

I personally found it entertaining but I could see how people would be offended especially brazilians

in an interview he did he was telling wanderlei to play it up when they were doing the whole TUF. chael was trying to be the ultimate "heel" when he got to brazil. **** got way too real when he needed security since folks were out for blood :lol:

As entertaining as some of Chael's talk was his fights rarely delivered. I mean after almost becoming champ his fights were mainly forgettable, gets dominated by Anderson in the rematch, gifted TUF and titleshot vs Jones, taps Shogun and gets dominated by Rashad. A match between him and Wanderlei in Bellator could be worth watching for the trash talk leading up alone.

woodley/wonderboy finally confirmed for 205

Last edited:
Who else?

Exactly. He just knocked out Glover. They both beat Gustafson (Rumble the only one to KO Glover [emoji]128563[/emoji]).

JBJ suspended. OSP lost to JBJ and looked lackluster.

The division is very thin.

And smh at Cody/Cruz. They trying to sell me Cruz/Garbrandt and Bisping/Hendo as legit matchmaking.

That New Year's card looking lack luster name wise and matchup (2 rematches). They need to throw Nick Diaz in the main event.

So what do you guys think are his "keys to success?"

I absolutely despise watching DC fight. Besides the Gustafson and Barnett fights, he just grinds/grapple his way to victories. JBJ obviously styled on him.

Felt like Rumble wasn't ready for that type of fight.

Lineker is legit. He should get a titleshot before that human coloring book cody. Lineker is ahead of him in the rankings and would put him to sleep.

So what do you guys think are his "keys to success?"

I absolutely despise watching DC fight. Besides the Gustafson and Barnett fights, he just grinds/grapple his way to victories. JBJ obviously styled on him.

Felt like Rumble wasn't ready for that type of fight.

Rumble wasn't training for an Olympic wrestler for that fight. He was training for Jones who, shockingly, was stripped and suspended right before the fight.

Granted, Jones has great wrestling so not a complete excuse. But still different stylistically.

Rumble wasn't training for an Olympic wrestler for that fight. He was training for Jones who, shockingly, was stripped and suspended right before the fight.

Granted, Jones has great wrestling so not a complete excuse. But still different stylistically.

I forgot he got stripped. That was the hype fight. JBJ/Rumble.

JBJ and DC are definitely different stylistically and how they use their wrestling.

JBJ stay killing fights lol.

Y'all see that Royce Gracie is divorcing and trying to get spousal support from his wife? Straight up irresponsible bum with no pride.

I believe it was Bloody Elbow that wrote an excellent piece on Royce's financial irresponsibility and tax fraud in the past.

every gracie ive ever dealt with has some shady business **** going on at their school.

i had a falling out with charles gracie. i wont get into all the crazy specifics, but the guy was never at his school and attempted to continue charging me many months after i had left and our contract had expired.

the mom-and-pop BJJ schools are the way to go. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom