The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

smokin.gif

Glad to see Showtime show no fear unlike that Josie fellow
Aldo just waiting for Connor to lose to Eddie so he can get that rematch.

Looking forward to the Rda-Ferguson fight next week. I think RDA takes it if he's able to counter the early storm as ferg is known to be overly aggressive sometimes.

Will he interesting to see who gets next LW shot after the NYC card wraps up.

I got RDA. Ferguson is an animal and is tough as nails but it leaves his chin wide open. Not saying he'll get finished but RDAs Muay Thai is going to eat that up

Ferguson dishes out as much punishment as he absorbs 

He's one of the most exciting fighters in the world and is pretty well rounded. Can finish in most any way

With that said, I am thinking RDA's loss didn't mean much I still think he has a lot left in the tank

Last edited:
I was more impressed with how ferguson's last opponent performed against him then ferguson's performance. The guy had a weird style didn't seem bothered to eat punches.

Ferguson is great because he's long, athletic, and unorthodox. His wrestling is great. He trains with Eddie Bravo at 10th planet but we haven't seen much of his BJJ outside of that D'Arce but I'm sure it's up to par. I just don't see him catching RDA with that, who's been a long time black belt. I prefer RDA on the feet as well, his pressure Muay Thai is outstanding. For Tony to win, he'll have to stay out of the pocket and catch him coming in. 

Ferguson's BJJ is slick and pretty wonky

He's had multiple subs in the UFC and on the mat his BJJ flows like water. To me he's a proven commodity on the ground

Ferguson's BJJ is slick and pretty wonky

He's had multiple subs in the UFC and on the mat his BJJ flows like water. To me he's a proven commodity on the ground

True but I just don't see him catching a LONG time black belt like RDA. There's levels to this ****. Just like Nate and Conor. Conor's BJJ is actually very good, he swept him. But it's nowhere near as good as Nate's

After that Eddie fight, it shows that RDA can take a beating. Just a matter if that effected his chin or not.
Rda been hurt standing before Eddie

Ferguson has it in him to hurt anyone in my opinion. He has some nice striking maybe not crazy power but technique is crazy and weird

I don't think we've seen enough to say Conor has "good" BJJ

I believe non biased BJJers have said Conor is solid on the mat though

He definitely improved his take down defense though, albeit against Nate Diaz who isn't a wrestler 

Last edited:
I don't think we've seen enough to say Conor has "good" BJJ

I believe non biased BJJers have said Conor is solid on the mat though

He definitely improved his take down defense though, albeit against Nate Diaz who isn't a wrestler 
Flabbergasted

There are "reports" that he's solid in BJJ.

And the one time we saw him against a wrestler he got taken down effortlessly.

I'm not trying to take away from his shine. He is clearly using his new wealth to improve his game. He already had solid striking and movement.

BJJ standalone is completely different than MMA BJJ. Doesn't matter if he got taken down, give more credit to chad Mendes than taking it away from Conor.

He's a legitimate brown belt under a legitimate black belt. He swept Nate Diaz.

Some of y'all need to think before y'all come at some of these cats skills :lol:

I'm picking Eddie to win but if Conor does win, I would not be surprised one bit if he caught him in a submission.

Conor said the same thing we all said about his energy 
laugh.gif
 he knew he was an idiot for spamming the power shots

He also fooled everyone by making it seem like Nate was in his head

Nobody tinks like tinks

Back
Top Bottom