The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Dana talked to FS1 last night after the fight.. I don't believe anything Dana says lol

“TJ Dillashaw said the whole thing was rigged, so I think I’m going to give the rematch to Dominick Cruz just to make him right,” White said with a laugh on the FS1 post-fight show.

“Dillashaw came in tonight, Lineker is a tough fighter, if you watched the Lineker fight against [John] Dodson, he went after Dodson all night,” White said. “He didn’t dare go after Dillashaw that way because he was being taken down with ease. That takedown made him gun shy. He didn’t want to throw the hands or run after him. Dillashaw made it look easy against a very tough guy, a scary guy that can knock you out at any moment.

“Dillashaw is a total conspiracy theorist and says next in line, but yes, he’s probably next in line for the title.”

“Garbrandt looked better than he ever looked in his career. Dominick Cruz is great, Dominick Cruz is amazing, and Cody Garbrandt made it look easy tonight. He was the complete opposite of what everybody thought he was going to be. Everybody thought he was this hothead, angry guy who was going to just run in and look for the knockout punch. Couldn’t be more opposite, he looked incredible.”

Last edited:
Just listened to Dom's presser and he is a class act even in defeat. He is really intelligent, well spoken and articulates his thoughts very well.

Him putting on a hat and throwing a poké ball at cyborg immediately after he fractured his skull with a knee might be the funniest thing i've ever seen in mma.

pokemon-forever.gif

Last edited:
I think Pena will a good match up for Nunes and will beat her for the belt. Her wrestling might be the difference maker. I was really surprised that she was able to dominate Cat like that. She just has to get past Valentina.

Last edited:
Magny made 114k [emoji]128565[/emoji]

Its likes the new ownership is gunna pretend to give a damn to avoid this union

Cody alrdy makin 200k per [emoji]129297[/emoji]

Somewhere Lidell, Rampage, Bj Penn etc are drinkin a beer poppin pain killers chasing 18 year old woman wondering where they went wrong as they catch the bus back to their quality inn.

Page is a fool for that one, dude gives zero dambs

And yeah it sucks for the pioneers, they were getting paid next to nothing. It is what it is. Some of them got hooked up with jobs where they probably don't do ish

Last edited:
Liddell will never have to buy another drink or lapdance again for the rest of his life. Must be awesome when he parties in Vegas.

But those pioneers were able to have individual sponsors that would make up for the little money. Wasn't gsp getting couple mil from UA? And jones/Silva from Nike?

But those pioneers were able to have individual sponsors that would make up for the little money. Wasn't gsp getting couple mil from UA? And jones/Silva from Nike?

Even still you had to be in the 1% for that type of money, rest of the fighters didn't have access to those type of opportunities.

Dana a ***** for not letting fighters make money from outside sponsors.

Boxing gets **** on a lot for its infrastructure and politics (rightfully so) but lower level guys in boxing still eat better than lower level UFC guys.

i would watch that fight.. this yr bisping became one of my favs off his **** talking alone :smokin buddeh!!!!

Tired of Woodley calling out everyone when he hasn't even beaten Wonderboy yet.

I remember woodley saying he doesn't know why thomson was asking for a rematch. Uhh, probably because it was a close fight.

Too many fighters nowadays begging for fights against bigger names. How bout you try to make yourself a big name also.

Even still you had to be in the 1% for that type of money, rest of the fighters didn't have access to those type of opportunities.

Dana a ***** for not letting fighters make money from outside sponsors.

Boxing gets **** on a lot for its infrastructure and politics (rightfully so) but lower level guys in boxing still eat better than lower level UFC guys.
maybe not mils but i remember dudes like kennedy and schaub claiming to clear couple hundred k from sponsors.. that reebok deal ****** the whole game.. they should provide the shorts but let the fighters add their own sponsors ala soccer kits

I'm hoping they put Maia or Cowboy (if he beats Jorge) up next against Woodley

Maia deserves it but Dana might screw him because he isn't a draw

I don't care to see Wonderboy rematch, get someone new in there

I'm one of the biggest honda haters you'll find, but those fools over in general thinking honda won't judo throw them on their head because they weigh more than her. I hope that one guy claiming he wants to go to an mma gym and challenge one of their females to a fight actually does it. Or just find a female krav maga instructor who'll be happy to beat him down.

maybe not mils but i remember dudes like kennedy and schaub claiming to clear couple hundred k from sponsors.. that reebok deal ****** the whole game.. they should provide the shorts but let the fighters add their own sponsors ala soccer kits
Skeptical hippo regarding Schaub's claims of 100k+ sponsorship deals

Cody and Ferguson will be on with Ariel tomorrow

This looks like it could be dope, Alistair always seemed like such an interesting dude

Last edited:
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/18384443/ufc-207-ronda-rousey-take-some-decide-future

Ronda Rousey thanks fans, says she'll take time to decide next move
play
Dec 31, 2016

Ramona ShelburneESPN Senior Writer

Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
print
comment

A day after losing to bantamweight champion Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 in Las Vegas, Ronda Rousey said she will "need to take some time to reflect and think about the future."

"I want to say thank you to all of my fans who have been there for me in not only the greatest moments but in the most difficult ones. Words cannot convey how much your love and support means to me," Rousey said in a statement provided to ESPN.

Editor's Picks

Rousey battered, stopped in first round by Nunes

Ronda Rousey's return to the Octagon was over almost as soon as it began Friday, as champion Amanda Nunes rocked her with repeated blows and earned a TKO victory just 48 seconds in at UFC 207.
Rousey exits UFC 207 as she entered: quickly and quietly

As Ronda Rousey navigates an uncertain future, her handling of defeat was more telling than any of her victories, after she shut out the media before and after her UFC 207 loss to Amanda Nunes.
Ronda Rousey lost her own way

Ronda Rousey doesn't apologize for her ambitions, Ramona Shelburne writes. But when Rousey fell apart after losing to Holly Holm, she was in a state that even she had a hard time handling.

"Returning to not just fighting, but winning, was my entire focus this past year. However, sometimes -- even when you prepare and give everything you have and want something so badly -- it doesn't work how you planned. I take pride in seeing how far the women's division has come in the UFC and commend all the other women who have been part of making this possible, including Amanda.

"I need to take some time to reflect and think about the future. Thank you for believing in me and understanding."

The fight against Nunes marked Rousey's first appearance in the Octagon since losing to Holly Holm at UFC 193 in November 2015.

The 135-pound championship fight Friday night headlined UFC 207 at T-Mobile Arena, but it was over quickly.

Referee Herb Dean stopped the fight just 48 seconds in. Rousey did not go unconscious, as she did from Holm's head kick, but she was essentially out on her feet. It marked the fastest knockout finish of Nunes' 14-4 career.

Rousey, 29, walked out of the Octagon without assistance. She did not address the cameras or media afterward.

Information from ESPN's Brett Okamoto was used in this report.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom