The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Ronda ain't ever switching camps. The truth hurts her..Edmond was telling her everything she wanted to hear and not the actual truth. It's the reason she came in looking jacked she was probably told she was just out of shape..not that she needed to actually train things other than hitting boxing mitts. Prolly didn't eem spar

I mean, woodley credits duke for a lot in his title run. Duke was his first ever real head coach, woodley literally went without one until the gastelum fight

Not saying Ronda can become Champ again but you need to chill in some of your posts lol.. sounding off base as hell
I got more hot takes but whats off base about telling you what Chael told the world... or saying pettis has been regressing for years or that Rhonda will never be the same... Rogan said that. So if im off base, and rogan, and chael... then you know something we dont?

edmond probably paid those pro boxers that she was supposedly knocking out in sparring to take falls to boost her confidence.

I remember seeing an interview with her when she got on the cover over the boxing magazine.. She said I don't even practice judo anymore it's nearly 100% boxing :stoneface: told me all I needed to hear. Now she getting washed left and right

I got more hot takes but whats off base about telling you what Chael told the world... or saying pettis has been regressing for years or that Rhonda will never be the same... Rogan said that. So if im off base, and rogan, and chael... then you know something we dont?
I never said anything about Ronda or rogan

I don't care what idiot Chael has to say about judo. If you ask all the UFC fighters about judo I'd bet you more would tell you it's valuable than worthless. Just look at the list of fighters who implement it

Pettis has regressed but woodleys become champ

Sometimes fighters outgrow coaches and sometimes fighters are unlocked by coaches. Depends on circumstances and timing

Last edited:
Chael word is gospel now?

:lol:

I get that hindsight is 20/20, and everyone wants to COMPLETELY dismiss Ronda.

But my understanding is that if you compete in the Olympics, you're a great athlete in some capacity.

Ronda never evolved and the game passed her by.

Miesha is a solid fighter. Choked out Holly. Ronda knifed through her twice. Did the same to Cat in their fight.

COMPLETELY dismissing her and her accomplishments is OD to me. She just wasn't what the UFC's marketing machine made her out to be.

Same with Sage, Paige etc. so far.

But this wasn't a surprise to anyone who saw her fight. I've been saying this for years and through all of her fights. He striking was always ****.

It's just the "hot take" right now. But it's been like this for years.

Last edited:
pettis's struggles have little to do with duke or his camp

they have to do with him being too little for 155 and too big for 145 which resulted in bad cuts and bad performance

he thought he was gonna bully people at 145, nope

Chael word is gospel now?

:lol:

I get that hindsight is 20/20, and everyone wants to COMPLETELY dismiss Ronda.

But my understanding is that if you compete in the Olympics, you're a great athlete in some capacity.

Ronda never evolved and the game passed her by.

Miesha is a solid fighter. Choked out Holly. Ronda knifed through her twice. Did the same to Cat in their fight.

COMPLETELY dismissing her and her accomplishments is OD to me. She just wasn't what the UFC's marketing machine made her out to be.

Same with Sage, Paige etc. so far.

But this wasn't a surprise to anyone who saw her fight. I've been saying this for years and through all of her fights. He striking was always ****.

It's just the "hot take" right now. But it's been like this for years.
All verdad

I just like to stir the pot

I do whole heartedly believe Rhousey was created in a boardrroom tho not on the training mats. Olympics or not

It was funny watching the ufc tonight show and I think all of them except maybe one person picked honda to win. It's like they thought Nunes' way superior striking wasn't going to be the biggest factor in the fght. They thought she could just avoid big punches and grab her and take her to the ground. They must've forgot Nunes is big and strong like holly and also has grappling skills.

The pedestal she was put on was absolutely manufactured.

But she performed. That's what I find crazy about the narrative today.

I understand the fallout, but she still performed. Judo comps, Olympics, Strikeforce, and in the UFC until recently.

You can't create ALL of that in a boardroom.

Cody was really impressive Saturday night by beating Dom but he would get washed by Aldo if they fought.

Edit: Frankie should move down to 135 lb. He probably would be the Champ

Last edited:
Frankie my guy, but he's good to eat at least one bomb per fight :lol:

Though he always survives it.

Dangerous proposition against Cody though. And Cody really turned out to be much slicker on his feet than I thought he was.

Cody and Aldo basically 2 weight classes apart right now.

Last edited:
Frankie my guy, but he's good to eat at least one bomb per fight
laugh.gif

Though he always survives it.

Dangerous proposition against Cody though. And Cody really turned out to be much slicker on his feet than I thought he was.

Cody and Aldo basically 2 weight classes apart right now.
If Frankie can survive those 2 bombs from Maynard, the Jeremy Stephens head kick, and the Aldo front kick, he can survive from anything 
laugh.gif

Frankie has good movement but so did Dom and Cody lit up Dom a bit so it would be interesting to see how Frankie would fare.

Frankie would be bigger and has slick boxing and he would be able to take down Cody is why I think Frankie would win.

It would be in Frankies best interest to get in the mix at 135

He has no future at 145

I understand the fallout, but she still performed. Judo comps, Olympics, Strikeforce, and in the UFC until recently.

I mean yea she beat the stiffs they pitted her against and in dominant fashion youre spot on there but did you ever look at those fights like you were watching the pinnacle of combat. It was all just so amuterish looking. Wasnt till i saw JJ fight that i respected the idea the ufc wanted real women fighters and not jus cupcakes with long hair clawing at eachother

Im sure theres other examples and maybe better ones but i never respected her overall skill level which is why i can so comfortably say an above average size man would... manhandle her

Last edited:
As I said, the sport evolved and she didn't. JJ is that evolution. So is Nunes.

I saw the holes in her striking long ago.

But the women she beat were the best fighters at the moment. She knifed through a lot of them.

I'm just saying, you can't create all of that in the boardroom. She actually had an accomplished history in sport combat before she even got to the UFC and **** got hype.

It would be in Frankies best interest to get in the mix at 135

He has no future at 145

Not really.

Aldo was the only guy he couldn't beat at 145 as far as we know and he may be headed to 155.

They may actually NEED him at 145 because if Aldo goes up, Max has no one to fight.

Last edited:

I mean yea she beat the stiffs they pitted her against and in dominant fashion youre spot on there but did you ever look at those fights like you were watching the pinnacle of combat. It was all just so amuterish looking. Wasnt till i saw JJ fight that i respected the idea the ufc wanted real women fighters and not jus cupcakes with long hair clawing at eachother

Im sure theres other examples and maybe better ones but i never respected her overall skill level which is why i can so comfortably say an above average size man would... manhandle her

cant say they were stiffs. some of them same girls fought nunes. hell, nunes lost to alexis davis and cat, who ronda beat. nunes worked her *** off and evolved and got better with her all around skills.
ronda got way too comfy with her lifestyle outside of the fight gm. never evolved and fell back on her elite judo.
once she got tested, she folded. taking that yr off basically showed that she didnt want it anymore.

Last edited:
Im speakin to the level of skill exhibited in the cage...

it was pretty minimal by most of those challengers. I dont know how thats debateable... whose the chick that jus bum rushed her but didnt actually shoot for a single or anything and got hip tossed and immeaditely armbar'd

That was laughable. My little sister woulda had a better gameplan

Last edited:
That was cat and we all agree that was very idiotic :lol:

However she did beat Amanda after Nunes had a really good first round against her. But the way she beat Nunes would work in Hondas favor because it was a lot of grappling

Any chance we could do a NT MMA Twitter roll call?

Not many of my friends are talking about MMA and I'm just getting going on Twitter :lol:

Mine is @AmateurOpinions

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom