The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

hopefully he remembers to actually throw strikes next time instead of doing all that useless feinting/posing and crappy shoulder rolling.

Bobby's a counter striker. I get what you're saying but even if he didn't do those things, I'm still not sure he'd get off first.

Been a while since he fought so we'll see.

I used to have the same frustration with Masvidal but he's evolved and hopefully Bobby can do the same.

Ask again, anyone giving Reis any chance against DJ? I know the build up to DJ fights are usually lowkey, but this has to be one of the most quiet build ups for DJ lol. I think literally nobody cares. And it's to tie Anderson's record as well

Reis looked good recently. He seems very bulky. I don't know how he'll fare with DJ's speed

Last edited:
Bobby's a counter striker. I get what you're saying but even if he didn't do those things, I'm still not sure he'd get off first.

Been a while since he fought so we'll see.

I used to have the same frustration with Masvidal but he's evolved and hopefully Bobby can do the same.
i'm with you on that... **** just infuriating cuz i know he has the talent.

Count me as one of the few DJ fans lol. I don't know much about Reis but from his wiki page it looks like he hasn't beaten anyone of real note. DJ is a hard one to hit and I see him tiring Reis out and possibly subbing in the 3rd or 4th round. Yea I know its DJ but the UFC could have promoted this fight better considering it's to tie Silva's record.

At this point with a win here DJ really needs to consider one more fight at FLW and then moving up as he has all but cleared out the division. 

If I'm DJ I might be tempted to take one more Flyweight fight to break Anderson's record and then go for a super fight after that lol

That's a record that I feel may not be broken for a long long time. These days with competition getting better and better and with how the sport will grow will come parody, I just don't see any division where a champ is gonna go on this type of streak

Last edited:
Your right, the kick was in the 3rd, I can eat that...I was 100% wrong. Ill admit that I honestly thought the kick was in the fourth. No lies or trolling here.

still don't change the outcome of the fight.
bro now YOU trollin LOL

at the end of the day regardless of what you say or I say...chris lost 2 times in that fight. Then proceed to be FINISHED his next 2 fights as well.

Thats the truth.

he aint looked "elite" since Vitor in 2015.

some of yall was up in here getting hella mad when I was saying the same thing about pettis years back too :lol:

And just because Im stating facts doesnt mean Im hating on the dood, im just telling the truth.

I would like to see him go to a different camp and get a fresh look, he still got alot of miles left and he can always go up to 205 at some point, theres good matchups there for him as well.

and 50/50....

cmon dooooood so u telling me mcgregor vs siver was a 50/50 fight....nahhhh

yes everyone has a CHANCE, but that chance varies on how well doods match up and how comparable their skillsets are.

When you get 2 doods similarly sized, aged, trained and experienced thats more like a 50/50

jacare x romero was an example of a legit 50/50

U really call the mousasi fight a finish...lmaooo wow

And IDC what odds u give a fight, its always 50/50. I guess holm wasnt 50/50. I guess Cody wasn't 50/50 I guess tj vs barao wasn't..I could go on and on. Elkins must a been -50% chance during the fight according to u against bektic

Big fight for both, really hyped for that fight....

I can see max pulling the upset but man thats an uphill battle, aldo aint just going to let him sit on the outside

but damn max 5'11 with a 69" reach :wow:

aldo giving up a good 4 inches in height but still has the reach advantage :lol:

max got them t-rex arms for real, I would expect him to to try kick the **** out of aldo from the outside

Biggest fight of holloways career IN brazil

Aldo's chin held up against Edgar, and he got tagged a few times really clean....if it holds up its going to be a long night for max, he isnt really a power puncher but he do got some snap

been some really good match ups this year so far

Was browsing Netflix last night and saw there's a biopic film of jose aldo on there. The guy who plays him doesn't even look like him.

Was browsing Netflix last night and saw there's a biopic film of jose aldo on there. The guy who plays him doesn't even look like him.

Saw that too and added to my list. Not sure I'll get around to ever watching lol. Did watch The Hurt Business recently which was an interesting watch, pretty sad seeing some of the older fighters on there and what they have gone through in latter stages of their careers.

Marlon moraes is in the ufc y'all. Him vs r assuncao at 212

good for Moraes. I'm excited to see how he does against Assuncao. He could probably be next in line for the title shot if he wins. Him vs. Cody or TJ would be a fresh match up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom