The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

Really? Volkov and Nelson both looked like garbage.  One thing is for sure, if Volkov wasn't 6'7 and over 205 he wouldn't be fighting MMA, let alone in the UFC. He'll never have the skill set to compete with a guy like Stipe or any of the other top 5.

These huge dudes don't even have half the skill of the light heavyweights, looking like the uncoordinated guy at the gym the kept training for over 6 months without ever refining his technique.

If they caught DC for the towel thing would they have automatically ruled him over weight? Otherwise he was going to have 2 more hours anyway, which no guarantee he makes weight but I'd say he probably would have.. so it's kinda funny now looking back at the drama of the moment
Difficult to say because they'd also have to address the fact that he cheated to make weight. I'd be interested to know what the actual repercussions for a fight getting caught deliberately cheating to make it appear they are on weight. 
Exactly. Dudes not even knowing the rules. He could've sweated or cardio'd the rest of that weight off in that time.
Check my response above. Dude looked like trash on the scale and appeared shaky, later saying it was a really rough cut. If he preferred to cheat than use the two hours to cut I'm not sure he had it left in him to drop the weight.

If you've never cut a large amount of weight, you'll never understand how difficult it is to drop the final few pounds after already losing 10% or more of your body weight.

Really? Volkov and Nelson both looked like garbage.  One thing is for sure, if Volkov wasn't 6'7 and over 205 he wouldn't be fighting MMA, let alone in the UFC. He'll never have the skill set to compete with a guy like Stipe or any of the other top 5.
were we even watching the same fight? guy showed great movement and takedown defense for someone of that size, showed pretty good instinct and a wide arsenal when he had roy backing up, wasnt able to finish him but how many people can

forgive me for thinking that an undercard guy looked impressive, garbage
laugh.gif

jacare has some quick, power punches too. Wouldn't be surprised if he landed a few bombs on whittaker.

pretty obvious
knew this was going to be a stand up fight. grappler trying to box :lol:

and this the guy who wanted a title shot?
was never impressed with jacare

Last edited:
damn mazzagatti sucks just let em get the clean finish and get out the way

Welp, that's it for Jacare. He still got screwed not getting a title shot this whole time, but damn. Whittaker is foreal

damn mazzagatti sucks just let em get the clean finish and get out the way

clean finish? jacare was finished. his face going to be a swollen tomorrow :x
ya really want these guys to die in there

at least jacare got a new deal :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom