The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

YUPPPPPP

All this talk of DJ being the GOAT.... ya'll must have forgot about my man Jones. 8 title defenses before he ran into trouble. Rashad, Shogun, Vitor, Rampage, and Machida all considered legends. 

DJ beat....John Dodson and Benavidez? Twice each? 

Winner of Gus and Glover for Jones maybe??

But if they have medical suspensions and DC fights Jimi he's going to have to tune up against Jan Blachowitchz :smh:

YUPPPPPP

All this talk of DJ being the GOAT.... ya'll must have forgot about my man Jones. 8 title defenses before he ran into trouble. Rashad, Shogun, Vitor, Rampage, and Machida all considered legends. 

DJ beat....John Dodson and Benavidez? Twice each? 

hard to compare that though b/c the 125lb is still really new. It's only been around for a couple of years so not enough time has passed for someone in the division to be considered a legend. Plus he's on such a higher level than anyone else at 125. What's crazy is he didn't start training full-time until AFTER his loss to Dominic Cruz. And if you look at the track record, he's been getting significantly better each fight after that.

I'm not saying that DJ is GOATer than JBJ, but it's a good argument to have at this point. What I would like to see is a PPV in September with DC vs. JBJ as main event, and DJ attempting to break Silva's record as the co-main.

Last edited:
I still consider Bones the GOAT but DJ is skill for skill right up there. Anderson clean or not is always up there for me too

The Boner Pills incident also plays a role for me regarding Bones

DJ at least for now seems like he clean

Last edited:
Lol, actually GSP does merit some discussion even without the Bisping fight. He just may not have that same appeal as Bones or Anderson 

If DC pulls off a win against Bones, what then? 
nerd.gif

Also Werdum is arguably the best HW of all time... the Cain rematch could have cemented it

Lol, actually GSP does merit some discussion even without the Bisping fight. He just may not have that same appeal as Bones or Anderson 

If DC pulls off a win against Bones, what then? :nerd:

Also Werdum is arguably the best HW of all time... the Cain rematch could have cemented it

DC would probably retire if he is able to finish JBJ. if he wins by decision, maybe, a trilogy fight?

DC calling his shot on Instagram

Says he will fight on the Anaheim card on July 29th which is UFC 214 either against Jones or Manuwa

Also related, Cyborg posted on her Instagram that she was returning at UFC 214 against Germaine but then deleted the post

Crossing my fingers that DC vs JBJ fight gets made for UFC 214 but not gonna hold my breath lol. So with that fight off the table who will headline 213? It sounds like GSP isn't fighting until Sept at the earliest. Woodley vs winner of Maia/Masvidal would be a good match but not sure that would be a worthy headliner. Maybe setup a MW interim with Romero/Whittaker. Conor could also be a possibility if the Mayweather talks calm down and UFC is willing to throw a bunch of money at him, really hoping the Ferguson fight comes to fruition at some point.

Crossing my fingers that DC vs JBJ fight gets made for UFC 214 but not gonna hold my breath lol. So with that fight off the table who will headline 213? It sounds like GSP isn't fighting until Sept at the earliest. Woodley vs winner of Maia/Masvidal would be a good match but not sure that would be a worthy headliner. Maybe setup a MW interim with Romero/Whittaker. Conor could also be a possibility if the Mayweather talks calm down and UFC is willing to throw a bunch of money at him, really hoping the Ferguson fight comes to fruition at some point.
Those are literally all the options

I hope they don't rush Whittaker into a fight. I want him to be able to rest and recover from his camp before starting another one

Maia/Masvidal would be a QUICK turn around, I'd also prefer for that winner to be able to rest up before having to fight for a much deserved title shot

Easiest and most logical is to make GSP fight Bisping. First off, him holding up the division is terrible and second GSP has had plenty of time to prepare for this. July isn't an unfair time frame

Ferguson would be awesome but unless he's fighting Nate (perhaps for an interim title) or Conor I don't think it makes sense

Worst comes to worst they just have TJ/Cody headline

Last edited:
Zero reason for there to be a MW interim title if there are plans for the belt to be defended
I actually disagree bro, surprisingly 
laugh.gif

The one reason I am for a MW interim belt is to GUARANTEE that the winner gets a title shot. We've seen first Hendo now GSP cut the line at MW

A secondary reason is that there really isn't a definite plan for when the MW belt will be defended

I actually disagree bro, surprisingly :lol:

The one reason I am for a MW interim belt is to GUARANTEE that the winner gets a title shot. We've seen first Hendo now GSP cut the line at MW

A secondary reason is that there really isn't a definite plan for when the MW belt will be defended

As I was typing it I realized why some might agree with having an interim title. It does make sense to an extent. I guess Conor has just been the measuring stick when it comes to interim belts. My guy Bisping WANTS to defend the belt

I was having a convo with a coworker today about who the goat is. Unfortunately pre USADA, we have no clue who was enhanced. Like GSP used to be bigger. In his Hendricks fight (who also looks and performs different post USADA), he looked smaller.

Chris Weidman beat Silva pre USADA. He looks a little smaller lately. And he's obviously not performing as well.

It was just a different time back then.

And 214 sounds like a good card if there are two titles being defended. But I thought Germaine had a hurt hand and was trying to rematch with Holly Holm.

Last edited:
Holly is fighting Bethe now

THEY NEED TO GET FERGUSON ON THAT ANAHEIM CARD. Either get him on the Vegas card or the Anaheim card. Make Nate an offer he can't refuse

Nates only fight is the trilogy with Conor. They not gon mess up that giant payday by risking nate losing in the meantime

I wish they would just give Nate an incredible pay day + interim title shot (which means more $$)

I would hate for Nate's last fight to be the Conor trilogy (whenever that even happens). I'd like to see him give Ferguson a go round

Last edited:
Not interested in a show where they highlight coloring book acting like a mega douche.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom