The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

nate aint fighting anyone but conor, he dont give a F about a belt

hes pretty much in legacy mode right now, only a massive money fight or classic trilogy with conor.

Dude is set, he a hall of famer/public figure now

As far as nick, only fight I see him taking is GSP or Lawler, possibly condit. Thats it, and hes already fought all 3.

I dont see Nick taking a fight with a younger/up and comer trying to build some momentum off his name, he wont play that game even if its a winnable fight for him.

Might not see the Diaz bros fight at all this year, seems to be shaping up that way

An interim belt would mean big money, I should have included that stipulation

Anyway, I've always believed nate was waiting for Conor only. Should this boxing thing happen, I wonder if nate could then be persuaded by said big money offer to fight tony

Nate might live a relatively simple lifestyle, after the Conor pay days I haven't heard a peep about him wanting any more cash or trying to fight again

Last edited:
He got 10 mil I think from that fight and those guys are doing a ton of appearances. They're basically weed celebrities now.

And they have their own school as well I believe.

Dude is probably set.

I don't know if either one of them is getting past USADA anytime soon ether :lol:

Last edited:
Bellator's next two cards are very nice

Michael Page has two total fights left on his contract. I think Anderson poses a decent chance of derailing the Page hype train. Rory and Daley should be cool, Page could end up facing one of them.. Gotta wonder if he wins his last two fights if he jumps to the UFC

Bellator 179- May 19, Spike TV

Welterweight Rory MacDonald vs. Paul Daley
Welterweight Michael Page vs. Derek Anderson
Light Heavyweight Liam McGeary vs. Linton Vassell
Heavyweight Cheick Kongo vs. Augusto Sakai

WE FINALLY GET TO SEE AARON PICO, the AKA blue chip wrestling prospect who also has a boxing background. I've been waiting to see what the hype is all about. They're throwing him right in a PPV at MSG. Also the Conor McGregor protege James Gallagher is fun to watch. He's more of a grappler but talks the same Irish ish as his teammate Conor

Bellator 180- June 24, PPV

Light Heavyweight Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva
Heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione
Lightweight Michael Chandler (c) vs. Brent Primus [a]
Welterweight Douglas Lima (c) vs. Lorenz Larkin
Lightweight Aaron Pico vs. Zach Freeman

(Spike TV)

Light Heavyweight Phil Davis (c) vs. Ryan Bader [c]
Featherweight James Gallagher vs. Chinzo Machida
Welterweight Neiman Gracie vs. Dave Marfone

Last edited:
I dont understand having Phil Davis fight Ryan Bader for the LHW belt on the prelims.
you seen their first fight?
laugh.gif

But a championship belt on the prelims? I would think its better to put a title fight on the main card than some relatively unknowns like Pico. This is a PPV

Yeah it's definitely weird coming from a UFC perspective

If they put Pico on Spike, that's not gonna draw any eyeballs. Being that Bellator is usually cable t.v. based, you have to understand that they're not gonna do the PPV card in a traditional fashion. I mean look at their two title fights on the PPV card, they're not even the main nor co-main events 

They're putting the big name/title fight on their Spike card to draw viewers/attention. From there folks can figure out there's a PPV portion and decide to purchase or not. If they put Pico there aint nobody gonna tune into that ish

It's a win win, they put Pico on PPV (perhaps emphasizing he's a big deal) and if he has an impressive debut, his name elevates being that he was on the PPV portion. They also have Gallagher on the free t.v. card which could get folks excited to perhaps buy the PPV

Last edited:
I want to see Barao back in peak form and fight Dom Cruz

Been waiting for that fight for years

Last edited:
There's plenty of fighters right around the same tier right now at 135. Actually more intriguing beyond the surface

Lineker

Dodson

Assuncao (scheudled to fight Moraes, hell of a fight)

Rivera

Caraway

Almeida

Barao has plenty of options. Hell even Sterling could be a possibility

TJ def taking a more hands on approach with his guys unlike Cody who is just running his damn mouth the entire time.

Tony steady calling out nate and predictably doing a terrible job of doing so

He said he might just go up in weight if he can't get a fight at 155

Last edited:
Curious to see how Edgar vs Rodriguez plays out. Obviously Yair looked good against BJ but I think Edgar is still close enough to his prime to pull out the W.

Back
Top Bottom