The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Enjoy that card fellas, it's gonna be rough after that

IMO there are three #1 contender fights on the Dallas card (if certain guys win)

For sure, the winner of Maia/Jorge deserves the title fight. No questions asked. Who knows what Dana will actually do though

They could honestly go with Sergio Pettis as the #1 contender if he beats Cejudo. The state of that division dictates as such

They could also make Yair the #1 contender if he beats Frankie. I don't know what Dana feels about Cub at this point

Last edited:
One week away! Edgar seems like a bad matchup for Yair but I'm hoping Yair is about to stop the takedowns and finds a way to get some big shots landed.

Watched the first episode of this seasons TUF. I wanna be mad at my boy Cody for beating up my boyfriend Dom but damn, he legit seems like a nice dude :lol: one dude missed weight by 18 lbs and he wasn't even phased :lol:

Looks like Conor had his kid

Well see how long he spends caring for his family before he decides what's next and start a camp

I wonder how long "losing" the September date pushes things back.

Maybe November?

GSP probably not fighting until then.

They really need to figure out what they're doing with the LW belt.

Yea seems like GSP wants to fight at msg.

If the Conor Floyd fight doesn't happen or get finalized by july-aug I could see them trying to setup a bout with either Tony or Nate for msg.

Dana pushing for fights in another sport which might never happen. Meanwhile its fight week and no buzz.

Just realized Joana Champion is fighting this weekend.

The company keeps getting worse and worse. A good thing is you don't see the bald douche as much as you used to.

Dana pushing for fights in another sport which might never happen. Meanwhile its fight week and no buzz.

Just realized Joana Champion is fighting this weekend.

The two title fights have are taking a back seat to a couple of other fights even though Stipe/JDS should be a good one.

It just goes back to my consistent comments about their promotion and marketing. They just do a poor job of it. I think Ariel and DJ called them out when the last UFC on Fox did the worst ratings ever.

I'm pretty interested in how Justin Gaethje will fare in the UFC. I'm much more intrigued by his entrance than I was Will Brooks. Gaethje wants a top flight opponent right out of the gates. He named Barboza, Khabib and Michael Johnson to start

Last edited:
I'm pretty interested in how Justin Gaethje will fare in the UFC. I'm much more intrigued by his entrance than I was Will Brooks. Gaethje wants a top flight opponent right out of the gates. He named Barboza, Khabib and Michael Johnson to start

Just started listening to the MMA Hour. I'm going to be real. I've never seen Gaethje fight.

Brooks has been lackluster unfortunately. He came in with his two wins over Chandler and popping off at his mouth.

Seems like the MW division is heated over this GSP/Bisping situation. I agreed with Rockhold. What would be the point of him fighting Mousasi if a title fight didn't come out of it?

Who is going to take a fight with Whitaker? After his last win, the implication would be if I beat Whitaker, Romero or Mousasi that I should get a title fight.

The disrespect for the company right now. The transition in ownership has been poor.

The owners haven't even talked about their vision for the company, things they'd like to change, etc.

Dudes just openly ishing on the company now :lol:

One thing the UFC had over everyone else was prestige and that's going away quick.

They're losing the respect of the fighters and fans alike.

Bellator just needs to keep plucking guys off the roster one by one and putting together solid cards.

Last edited:
I understand why people are blaming WME but I feel these same problems were there before. The Fertittas never ran the UFC like a true big league company either. It has a trashy, non-professional image and will probably continue to have that without some serious changes. They are losing their own opportunity to ascend to popularity among a wider audience.

Last edited:
The fact of the matter is that the F brothers and Dana sold at the perfect moment. They had the perfect storm of Ronda, Conor, Jones etc. etc. come up at similar time frames and it was parlayed into this Wolf Ticket

We can blame the new ownership all we want but the same issues the UFC faces today would exist with the F brothers. That is: lack of big fights, Ronda getting washed, Bones being a dummy outside the cage, Khabib missing weight, injuries, etc. etc.

New ownership is horrible but that aint the main reason the sport is suffering. The sport is suffering because it needs a dose of new blood and star power. That type of stuff is more luck than anything

Even if most of the fighters were happy, I honestly don't think we as fans would be that much more intrigued with the state of the sport right now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom