The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Weidman caught 2 consecutive L's in front of the home crowd in NY already. If he catches a third in a row I gotta wonder where dudes head is gonna be at.

Gastelum is undersized though so he might actually catch a break this time.

It's not like he's going up against cans (I see you MVP). Yoel and Mousasi are legit top five competition.

Gastelum sort of benefits them both. Gastelum benefits by fighting a former champion and notching another win against a big name. Weidman benefits by fighting someone out of the dangerous waters (e.g. Mousasi, Rockhold, Sousa, Whitaker, Romero).

Gastelum could've been given Brunson or Jotko.

Jotko is fighting Branch tomorrow, which hopefully will be quite a scrap

Weidman's insistence on facing top flight competition is admirable

We've seen plenty of fighters go on losing streaks and come back down the line to ascend to title contention. With Weidman I'd like to see him evolve though. His training with Henry hasn't shown me much of that

Gunnar will headline a card against a guy named Ponzinbbio who apparently is looking impressive

Excitement building

Everyone make weight this morning, please

Last edited:
Not a second of camera time for Maia or Masvidal. One of whom will likely be the next contender for the title at 170 barring GSP jumping in.

Brilliant.

All the important people made weight

Most anticipating Frankie vs Yair, both made weight

Second is Maia vs Jorge, both made weight

Dana doesn't care about Maia but they should have been spotlighting Jorge here

On that note two guys from one of my gyms fighting tomorrow.

David Branch
Jared "Flash" Gordon on the prelims.

And Liam McGeary next week.

Let's get it.

You train at Renzo's?

Nope. Those guys train striking at Church Street Boxing. I box but they do their MT with Coach Strout.

I hear Renzo's is mad expensive. I keep wanting to incorporate more grappling in my training but still haven't gone all the way in except for an occasional class here and there.

Last edited:
Nope. Those guys train striking at Church Street Boxing. I box but they do their MT with Coach Strout.

I hear Renzo's is mad expensive. I keep wanting to incorporate more grappling in my training but still haven't gone all the way in except for an occasional class here and there.

I heard BJJ school prices can be wild in the US??

I imagine Renzo's and Marcelo Garcia's are intense being in NYC.

Gotcha. And yeah, Renzo's is madd expensive. I personally don't train there, but my 2 instructors are Renzo Gracie Black Belts.

Marcelo is 220 if you sign up for a year. 250 month to month.

Probably competitive for training at/with the best but not ready for that full commitment.

I love punching too much :lol:

In about an hour the UFC is gonna hold their summer promotional press conference to announce fights

Let's see what they have up their sleeve

Rockhold wants Moussasi in July if Bisping vs. Romero is true

Cody NoLove is flying to Germany for a back procedure. TJ is saying UFC cancelled his flight to Summer Promo Press Conference last minute

Last edited:
Down for both of those fights

Mousasi probably thinks he deserves a title fight though without fighting again

Whittaker may have the slight edge resume wise

Uh oh Cody and tj fight off???

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom