The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Cowboy lol

“I don’t know. He looks good. Yeah he’s training hard, he’s in the gym. F—k, I dunno. If Jon wants to do drugs and still kick ***, you go ahead baby. Do your thing.”

“He’s just trying to get Jon fired up. But a pissed off Jon is bad, man.”

Lol no. The whole idea of the fight is stupid besides the smack talking, it's clearly a money grab by both parties. Connor knows he won't win. And Money doesn't want to come out of retirement for any other fights (despite the prospect of GGG, Amir Khan, etc).

Yea all these MMA guys will keep talking about Conor having a punchers chance blah blah blah to sell the casuals wolf tickets. Then we'll keep hearing how Floyd will toy with him or could KO him from the experts. This fight has always been about money. If Pac-May couldn't get done for so many years I can already hear Dana's reasoning for the fight not happening "We had everything lined up on our end but Floyd and his crew wanted too much money so it didn't make sense. Those guys could have had the deal done but chose not to do business with us". 

I just hope the fight is either official by this summer or they call it off and force Conor to defend his lw strap by fall or end of the year.

SMH at Bisping claiming he's injured so can "wait" for GSP. He don't want it with Yoel one bit.

Was funny to see Cormier call him out on UFC Tonight last night because ultimately they both work for Fox Sports.

Basically said his knee wasn't bothering him until Dana called off the fight and said he was fighting Romero.

I'm sure DC will have his mind right for this rematch, his focus should be razor sharp. He already knew he had issues last fight so it's not like there isn't a chance that he keeps his weight lower, earlier

I'm sure DC has heard about all of the same news updates that we have regarding California

Of course the cut could be an issue, I just also believe that there's more than a slight chance he takes improved precautions to be as healthy as possible for the cut. I'm almost 100% sure this rematch is basically his life focus and has been since he lost the first time

I don't see him taking any chances on his weight nor being undisciplined during camp

Last edited:
I just remember allllll that **** talking DC was throwing out there before the fight.......

and didnt back up 1 word of it :lol: :rolleyes

"If I want to take jon jones down 100 times, Ill take jon jones down 100 times"

Did DC even win a round? Wasnt it like 4-1 or something? Gotta rewatch but I clearly remember Jon making DC look like a rookie in the clinch/grappling, straight took that dood out to sea and drowned his ***, one of Jons easier wins IMO

Last edited:
I just remember allllll that **** talking DC was throwing out there before the fight.......

Did DC even win a round? Wasnt it like 4-1 or something? Gotta rewatch but I clearly remember Jon making DC look like a rookie in the clinch/grappling, straight took that dood out to sea and drowned his ***, one of Jons easier wins IMO

First 3 rds were very close. I had it 3-2 jones but dc standup and experience as well as confidence has improved since..jones meanwhile been busy w extra curricular activities

And he was criticized for fading in the 4 and 5th in the jones fight..and showed the ability to overcome that against gus after getting dropped

Last edited:

Not to cape for DC but he was an Olympian, member of ATT and undefeated going into the fight.

He was gassed and feeling himself. He probably thought his wrestling, dirty boxing and clinch game would neutralize JBJ.

A few lines of coke and several takedowns by JBJ later, he was humbled.

DC definitely gassed in rounds four and five. He wasn't ready for an athlete the caliber of JBJ.

Has he shown "anything" since then? Tough to answer. He's won every bout. He gritted out Gustafson. He survived hammers from Rumble.

I listened to this week's ESPN's Five Rounds podcast. DC brought up some good points about JBJ possibly cheating; using PEDs for a minute.

Regardless, I think the both of them have a lot to prove in the rematch.

DC's claim as LHW champion and a top pound-for-pound fighter can be validated with a win over JBJ.

If JBJ wins, it turns a new page on his recent issues.

Honestly, if JBJ wins his belt back. What is there really for him at LHW? He's beaten everyone.

Gus' mma wrestling > coke jones and dc's mma wrestling

Gus = #4 LHW (possibly falling to #5 if he loses to Glover).

He got knocked da fock out by Rumble in his country. And admittedly, he lost barn burners to JBJ and DC.

He could definitely be the Bellator LHW champion though. And he also has a win against Manuwa.

Dj seems to be trying to find a way out of a match against tj

Streak seems very important to dj, he probably wants that guaranteed win lol

UFC welterweight champion Tyron Woodley tells me his is willing to face Demian Maia in his next title defense, and that Maia deserves the shot with his seven-fight win streak, but says potential fights against Nick Diaz and Georges St-Pierre are "more real than you guys realize," and could force Maia to take a "back seat" for a little bit. Woodley would like to fight in July.

-Okamoto

Owners don't want no Maia and woodley in a title fight lol. Fans seem to dislike them in/and/or out of the cage

Diaz or Gsp would be perfect but Gsp ain't seem ready to fight in July. I also wonder if nick really wants to cut to 170 anymore

Last edited:
woodley just needs to shut up and fight. Keeps wanting big names, make yourself the big name. Fighters keep relying on the names of other fighters instead of figuring out how to make themselves popular.

Back
Top Bottom