The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Maia = boring. Simple as that. I get the man is amazing when it comes to bjj. But who wants to see him jump on woodleys back all match long.
NO THANKS!

Mighty Mouse isn't trying to see TJ. But wants to headline PPV? LOL OK!

Like someone said he definitely wants to get the record first for most consecutive title defenses. There's no one left in the division and no one cares about the other fighters anyway. Fresh matchups for him if he moves up.

It's fine for everyone else to talk about their worth except for the black man
mean.gif
Maybe. Maybe not. Rockhold and Bisping have been getting panned lately for trying to maneuver into lucrative fights. I do think Woodley gets extra hate, though. Not necessarily because he's black but who knows what the critics' motivation stems from
Maia = boring. Simple as that. I get the man is amazing when it comes to bjj. But who wants to see him jump on woodleys back all match long.
NO THANKS!
3 finishes in his last 5 fights, and one of those decision wins against Gunnar in a pure clinic. No thanks indeed
Daley n page got in a fight in the crowd...
Daley is insane. Got that Cody short fuse. Pretty much book the fight if Daley loses tonight

Maybe. Maybe not. Rockhold and Bisping have been getting panned lately for trying to maneuver into lucrative fights. I do think Woodley gets extra hate, though. Not necessarily because he's black but who knows what the critics' motivation stems from

3 finishes in his last 5 fights, and one of those decision wins against Gunnar in a pure clinic. No thanks indeed

Daley is insane. Got that Cody short fuse. Pretty much book the fight if Daley loses tonight

Fight already happened it's on tape delay

Gallagher talks and speaks EXACTLY like a young Conor 
roll.gif

It's literally too much 
roll.gif

They didn't censor the "p-word" (kitty) when Gallagher was talking about McKee 
roll.gif

HILARIOUS 

I hope Gallagher and McKee keep winning, very promising fighters

Last edited:
Yah, Daley just aint it anymore. Rory had the skill set to neutralize Daley's one-dimensional tactics

Hey, set up Daley vs Page. It'll be a fun fight, build up and all

Don't wanna see Daley vs anymore wrestlers

Rory's chick 
eek.gif

Last edited:

I just feel that the majority of the tumw Woodley shares his opinion on things its usually after Dana made an initial statement. Everyone's faulting him for sharing his opinion.

Before Woodley's atatement, Dana came out and said GAP is likely to get a shot at 170 now.

I didn't actually realize Woodley was on Ariel's show last Monday.. reading his comments, I can't really disagree with his motivations. His take on Maia was pretty fair and realistic, hell the Dallas fans were booing Maia for a majority of the fight. I see why Woodley wants these other opponents and I already knew Maia was probably going to get skipped again

“An exciting fight, something I believe could produce my first rivalry maybe, my first back-and-forth press conference, is maybe a Nick Diaz,” Woodley said. “In my opinion, he’s a lineal top-five welterweight, what he’s done for the sport, how he actually got people excited about it. He was really just himself and that became an image, and I think he can do that everyday because that’s him, so I respect him, I respect what he’s done for MMA. That’s another fight that excites me. I just don’t see beating Demian Maia really putting another notch on my belt like those two guys would.

“Now, granted, he’s got what, 17, 18, 19 wins in the UFC? Something ridiculous. He took Anderson Silva to a decision. He rattled off seven victories in a row. Man, how do you do that type of stuff in silence? Think about it. It’s our sport. Our sport does not allow jiu-jitsu, the building block of the UFC — it has not allowed it to be great. It’s not respected. It’s not something that everyone wants to see. That’s how he’s been able to rattle off seven victories against top opponents and not get the credit. It’s not my fault. I didn’t do it.”

“I’m the best welterweight in the world and I feel like Georges St-Pierre should’ve fought me,” Woodley said. “He should’ve come back (to welterweight). Fighting Bisping, I think that was the cowardly move. He’s going to fight someone who doesn’t have the ability to concuss him like I would, or Johny Hendricks would, or Robbie Lawler would. That’s why he went (up in weight).

“If Stephen Thompson would’ve beaten me, I guarantee that his first fight back would’ve been against Stephen Thompson, a similar karate-style fighter that he’s probably seen a million times, he’s trained with him, he doesn’t have the one-punch KO power, he’s not going to submit him, he’s not going to stop his shot. It’s the safer fight for a big payday. So with that said, I just kinda raise my eyebrows, the fact that he would go up a weight class when there’s a willing, dominant champion that wants to take you on that’s excited about the fight. It surprised me, but hey, if it’s Demian Maia first or if it’s Georges St-Pierre first, everybody’s going to get it at the end of the day and I’m just excited to be where I’m at right now.”

Btw, the UFC athletes retreat thing seemed kinda weird/interesting. Having a lot of the fighters mingle is definitely unique

Saw that Kobe gave some sort of speech saying fighters need to be united for their own cause

Also, funny to see Woodley and Maia interact after all this chatter about who will be the next #1 contender. Woodley doing his job of keeping all options open

http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/tyro...ley-takes-demian-maias-back-athletes-retreat/

Great fight however I kinda wish they'd build both of them up rather than have them fight. Especially considering the state of the division

Maybe they're planning to have the winner possibly be a title contender?

Woodley cant talk bout Gsp wanting to fight bisping when he was tryna fight him too...

And I'm sure George wouldn't have fought wonderboy, they've been close for a long time

He needs to shut up and fight maia then start calling for a big fight. He won the title then had a draw then barely won which could have gone to wonderboy or been a draw again. Win a fight convincingly then call for a money fight.

And I don't see any other contenders waiting so the timing would work as opposed to having maia wait again..

At the retreat?

Crazy I saw someone's snap had mike perry and al literally standing 2 feet away from each other

Depending on how clean the punch landed, taking a shot with no gloves... my God. Sound like ole girl had it coming with personal Tweets directed at Cyborg

Ariel's show tomorrow gonna be lit, maybe Raging Al will discuss being so close to Perry at the retreat

Nate Diaz posted on his IG "F a retreat". Lmao

Ariel gonna have:

AL

Jorge

Stipe

Rory

Yair

Michael Page

Angela Magana is the one that got it. May have lost a tooth as well.

Surprised she's still on the roster. From seeing her on tuf, she probably deserves any punch she gets. She must not care about her health if she wants problems with cyborg.

At the retreat?

Crazy I saw someone's snap had mike perry and al literally standing 2 feet away from each other

Those two got beef? Two guys i'd also like to see double ko each other.

Back
Top Bottom