The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

DJ has no real challengers at 125. At this point he wants an easier victory to secure the record of title defenses.

He wants a bigger check but he doesn't sell any ppv on his own.
The money he wants + the numbers he puts up doesn't add up.

Just because DJ makes his oponents look pedestrian doesn't mean they weren't real challengers. Don't diminish his talents to try and justify putting him up against TJ

Doing things the right way in the sport seems very important to him. So a guy just coming into the division and getting a title shot wouldn't sit right with him.

Hell considering how everyone felt about McGOAT & GSP doing this, I find it interesting how no one would take issue with TJ skipping the line so to speak.

I don't see it as angling, TJ isn't the bantamweight champ. He shouldn't get to jump the line for a flyweight title fight by any means.

Not to mention DJ deserves some decent money fights and TJ isn't a money fight.
It could be angling to get a guaranteed higher purse from Dana

If dj just straight away said sure, bring on tj his leverage is gone

It's not really skipping the line imo, for years people have complained that dj has no competition. For years people have called for the tj dj fight... dj is definitely finding a way out of the match up to secure the record

I don't blame him one bit just calling it for what it appears to be. He either wants a guaranteed big pay day for fighting tj or he wants an easier opponent to secure the record

Sucks Cody is out but that interim mw bout should be a good one. Also looks like they are trying to setup TJ vs DJ for the fw strap.

This mean Cody out for a while? Why not do dom/tj for interim. There's bad blood and first fight was close. Dom was gonna b next for winner anyways

I'd only like for dj to fight one them once the Cody/tj/dom love triangle is resolved

Agreed here. Dom/TJ makes the most sense. Problem there is if Dom wins, they don't get the fight they've been building up all season with TUF.

I guess with TJ moving down, regardless of what happens in that fight he's safe to still do the Cody fight when Cody heals.

**** show though :lol:

Back when TJ was champ I remember DJ saying he wants a mil for that fight. I think in his mind it's still a "superfight" and he wants to be paid accordingly. Only problem is TJ is nowhere near a draw so of course the UFC is not really trying to pay extra for that fight.

But I'm not mad at DJ tho. If he has the leverage to ask for more money, and he's actually willing to go through with the fight if he gets the cash, let him negotiate.

I also think it's a little wack that TJ is calling out the little guy and trying to go down a class rather than fighting Dom in the interim. I'm pretty sure he knows there's a good chance of him losing that fight and ruining his title shot against Cody. MM is the less dangerous option for TJ and he's pushing for it, so if you're calling DJ out for not wanting the tougher fight then you should be calling out TJ the same way.

DJ wanted a mil to go up in weight

He ain't getting a mil for TJ going down

He's trying to protect his streak/belt

Last edited:
Agreed with both Ill phil and blackcease

Dj has been smartening up the past year or two with trying to secure the most money possible. At first he didn't care but when he seen these other dudes start raking cash he switched up his tune, for good reason

Thing that I dislike about tj is that if he beats dj, is tj going to want to stay at 125? I don't imagine so, so get outta here tj

125 has no line haha

Tj need to chill though and stay at 35. No way he gonna want to defend 25. If dj ever loses he'll get a rematch actually so who knows

Last edited:
It's not really a "line" to me if it's the best fight at the time. Which TJ vs. DJ is.

But it's a bit different because it doesn't seem like a proper move down for TJ. It just looks like a filler fight because Cody is out.

Frankie is still fighting at that weight.

Yea an interim BW fight with TJ and Cruz makes the most sense but a recent interview with Cruz made it seem like he also is only interested in fighting for the title so maybe he doesn't care to fight right now or doesnt want the interim. 

I can understand MM wanting at least more money or an easy fight against Borg to get the record. BW really has 3 good fights left, TJ/Cody, Winner vs Cruz and then a Cody/TJ rematch (if its for the title).

Last edited:

DJ has no real challengers at 125. At this point he wants an easier victory to secure the record of title defenses.

He wants a bigger check but he doesn't sell any ppv on his own.
The money he wants + the numbers he puts up doesn't add up.

Just because DJ makes his oponents look pedestrian doesn't mean they weren't real challengers. Don't diminish his talents to try and justify putting him up against TJ

Doing things the right way in the sport seems very important to him. So a guy just coming into the division and getting a title shot wouldn't sit right with him.

Hell considering how everyone felt about McGOAT & GSP doing this, I find it interesting how no one would take issue with TJ skipping the line so to speak.

What I meant was that at 125 he no longer has challengers. He's gone thru that entire division. Boring division.

The difference with McGoat and GSP is that both 155 & 185 had/has clear title challengers IMO

DJ wants a million to fight TJ? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
FOH!

What would you guys think if it were Cruz calling him out?

Obviously, he wouldn't. His desire is to rematch Garbrandt.

But one of his two losses get to avenged and he gets to make a bigger name.

Last edited:
Mousasi unsatisfied with the UFC's offer thus far. There are 6 weeks left for exclusive negotiations, then he's free to field offers from other orgs

I'm sure the UFC will up their price, probably just wait until the last week or so. Rockhold needs to come to his senses and accept the Mousasi fight if Mousasi remains with the UFC. Mousasi is most interested in this match up

The Anaheim card is shaping up

Jones vs D.C.
Korean superboy vs fili
Korean zombie vs lamas
Sterling vs barao
Sage vs random

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make a fight between the Koreans if they both win or lose

I also feel they're still keeping a co main event open.. and Dana was saying one way or another manuwa will be in the building as a back up

Last edited:
Making the Koreans fight against each other is stupid

They'd be better off fighting different people on a Korean card

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom