The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

I think Hunt restructured his contract around the Brock fight.

All those Pride guys eating

Ahhh ic that makes some sense if theyre trying to set it up like other sports where you get extra perks & benefits for time served

This. Overreem gunna end up makin top 5 all time payout guys at his rate. Seems like hes willing to fight forever too, he never had an over abundance of brain cells to worry about protecting i guess anyway lol

Last edited:
Josie and his handlers are chumps. Just eat the loss, come back and get a W. It's always an excuse with this guy :smh:

Hunt making that out of court settlement paper :lol: :pimp:

Did anybody see that Macedonian cat fight on the New Zealand card? Cutelaba.

I thought he was going to curb stomp that Brasilian dude once he K.O'd him. Guy was suuuuuuper intense :stoneface:

Last edited:
Josie and his handlers are chumps. Just eat the loss, come back and get a W. It's always an excuse with this guy :smh:

Always? Come on, 2 is hardly pattern.

“Every fight the athlete enters he has some kind of injury, and Aldo is no different, he has his,” Pederneiras told Fox Fight Club. “Many people asked why he didn’t kicked. Aldo has a leg injury, so he couldn’t throw kicks or run during his entire camp.
"That doesn’t take anything away from Max Holloway’s win, we don’t want to say that,” he continued. “It was even funny because we would go back (outside the Octagon) between rounds the crowd said ‘tell him to kick,’ but we, the cornermen, were the only aware of it. We avoided the kicks because of this injury. We were afraid it would strain his muscle.”
Aldo only threw one leg kick during the fight, and Holloway countered. The Brazilian’s strategy was to use his hands, and even hurt his opponent once in the opening round.
“He spent his entire camp working on his boxing and his takedown, his ground game,” Pederneiras said. “Since Aldo felt well standing in the first rounds, he decided not to go for takedowns, but (Holloway’s) punch landed and everything changed.
"We could train his kicks a bit in the last week, but we didn’t force it too much. We believed that, the way he was going (in training), he would be able to win with his boxing. And that was happening.”

These don't come off as excuses to me. He's talking about the injury and how it affected training and explaining WHY more leg kicks weren't used. Which is a very legitimate question. He then goes on to say that this shouldn't take anything away from Max, bc they still felt he had the edge standing. And for most of the fight that was actually very true, but Max caught him. That's how the game goes.

Last edited:
Yeah, that guy got some rage. Him having a staredown with pride wanderlei would've been fun.

I don't believe that Aldo didn't throw kicks or run in camp. Or he wouldnt' have made weight.

This is what Andre was saying 6 days ago....

http://www.fightful.com/coach-pederneiras-explains-lack-leg-kicks-aldo-ufc-212

"Holloway started to feel more confident in the end of the second round,” Pederneiras said to Combate (link is external). "He was more confident, but Aldo was fine. I said it was 2-0, that he should breathe, and I gave him the instruction about the left hand that was low. It was clear that Holloway’s game was over his low left hand. I think Aldo didn’t do some things that we trained, like takedowns, for an example. And when you don’t use all your weapons, it gets complicated. Many people asked why he didn’t kick, but, considering Holloway’s stance in the fight, there was the risk of Aldo throwing a kick and falling back down.”

No mention of an injury. Suspect.

It kinda is a pattern considering he only has 2 losses in the past decade, :lol:

If he was so hurt he would've pulled out like he always does.

I don't care about his bruised vagina and honestly I'm tired of hearing about it.

Aldo is one of the baddest men on the planet but all these antics make me not care about the things he did prior to getting dismantled by Conor.

He's been nothing but a ho since then, it's sad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I gotta admit I forgot he talked about him just not throwing them because of the threat Holloway posed when throwing them. And not running an ENTIRE camp is quite sus. I think I went on to say that it was more confusing because a single counter had never deterred him before, so why now? Counter didn't even land very flush for that to have been the reason he backed off of his kicks. There had to be more IMO.

That's still not a pattern tho. Sample size is too small for me to consider it a pattern. I just don't believe 2 data points can be considered a pattern, especially 2 data points over the course of a decade.

He already has a lot of pressure on him from pulling out before from both fans and UFC brass. I can understand not pulling out if he can still go at 80% or more. Which I believe he was.

Another piece to take into consideration is this isn't Aldo speaking, it's his coach. I think the camps of a fighter are always going to protect their guy, so it can come off as excuses. But, maybe I'm letting him off the hook, bc of his body of work tho

I'm giving Aldo a pass on this one, its not like he's coming out himself with excuses. It's his coach

If Aldo said these things it'd be a completely different story

Anyway, I hope he tries 155 next. Let him keep some weight on and see how his body reacts

I think I believe his trainer.

Damn near every single MMA fan watching that fight was asking what the **** happened with the leg kicks, so the injury makes sense as far as that goes. Also why he might've avoided going for takedowns.

And I also think he thought he could win with his boxing regardless, which he was doing the first two rounds.

And if he couldn't do cardio that might explain why he already looked so gassed towards the end of the second. I know he used to have problems with slowing down but that was later in the fights, mouth wide open at the end of the second round is a new level.

But considering how injury prone he's been, on top of how long he's been fighting, you gotta wonder if it's not time for him to call it a day. Either that or make DRASTIC changes to his training.

I remember Robbie claiming that being smarter with his training, and cutting back alot on hard sparring in particular, was one of the things that really helped him in his whole late career resurgence and title run. Aldo might need to look into that.

They need to get the woman from pride that screams intros

Bellator should just model themselves after pre reebok UFC

Last edited:
Just watched Aldo Holloway again, Aldo threw a leg kick in the first and ate a big right hand for his trouble...didn't throw it again lol

Back
Top Bottom