The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

I actually see Bellator differently. I think theyr'e one-up on the UFC in this regard as well.

Both UFC and Bellator seem to be trying to get their fighters to develop "characters"... ala WWE. Let's face it, WWE, from an entertainment standpoint and $$$$ standpoint is where both of these companies wanna go.

Like I saw someone say last night on twitter, Bellator really feels like a WWE show, but with real fighting. And I think they're doubling down on that, I think Coker's smart and knows that's the lane for this particular league. Sure, pump MacDonald and Lima and guys like that. But you think Chael's "Bad Guy" persona going full wrestling heel isn't calculated. Same with the way he's been fighting. It's almost obvious to me he has no intention in "fighting" anyone... but he's gonna wrestle and "ground and pound" everyone.. hence allowing him to fight every 3 months with pretty much no risk of injury.

That's just my take after last night. Bellator is shooting to be the new Pride.

He says same of the most outlandish things sometimes and yet I find myself listening to his podcasts on a regular basis

Same. Gotta know when he's selling and when he's not. Because he's definitely doing more selling these days.

Gallagher called his shot, conor bless. Someone teach him standup

20170621014457_5D3_1482.JPG

Last edited:
Saw the fight highlights from my dude Chandler's fight. Looked like he sprained his ankle a bunch of times. Was painful to watch.

Yea I think it happened when he stepped on primus foot early when he lunged in. The kicks were bothering him but don't think they caused it

Any updates on matt hughes?

Not from him directly but FAM said he was doing better few days back

Side note anyone catch Chandler falling on his *** cuz he thought the stool was still behind him but someone oullrf it out lol

https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Xs93sXY6GgA

Last edited:
No way that was a split decision but I'll take it. Super good dude, takes almost a teaching role at the gym to the lower ranked guys. 

I hate when fighters make a noise when throwing strikes. Sounding like a power ranger.
It's done ensure they're breathing and to protect themselves in the event they are hit during a strike.

Lol you'd hate my old muay thai school. Dudes used to put extra sauce on their strike huffs. Sounding like Tommy on every punch and kick.

Last edited:
Tommy was cool. He still holds the title of having the best mma brand ever, "jesus didn't tap".

Wow. Something finally happened in this fight.

Back
Top Bottom