The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Cannonier, Imavov, Reyes, Rosas on NOW

Heavyweight division is terrible, how does Cain get a title shot of a TKO victory on Mr Rousey and a loss before that.

Should be Ngannou

Last edited:
Heavyweight division is terrible, how does Cain get a title shot of a TKO victory on Mr Rousey and a loss before that.

Should be Ngannou
Agreed but for some reason they want to matchup Ngannou with JDS who appeared very washed in his fight with Stipe. With UFC 216 not taking place until October it seems unlikely that the next fight would then be until early 2018.

Wonder who Werdum fights next, Tybura seems to be the only logical opponent.

Overeem kind of getting screwed though he lost to Stipe not long ago so maybe they don't want to do that rematch right now?

He's won 6 of his last 7 though with only the Stipe loss and coming off wins against Hunt and Werdum but I guess that Werdum fight didn't cut it.

Overeem kind of getting screwed though he lost to Stipe not long ago so maybe they don't want to do that rematch right now?

He's won 6 of his last 7 though with only the Stipe loss and coming off wins against Hunt and Werdum but I guess that Werdum fight didn't cut it.

Yea I'm glad they are making a new matchup instead of the Reem. His fight with Werdum was a snoozefest. It was one of those matchups where both guys respect the others power too much and didn't take many risks striking-wise. Well not as bad as their second fight when Werdum just laid on the ground trying to entice Reem to come into his guard lol.

Overeem should be in the same card as Stipe vs Cain, or at least still train just in case. We all know about them AKA guys.

Who's left for Overeem though?

what's the beef with Ariel and Dana White? I know Dana fired him, but why does he hate him soooo much?

In Dana's eyes, Ariel is a habitual line stepper.

Plus we all know Dana has a temper and tweaks.

UFC can come across as bullies some time. Ariel tries to maintain the Air of a legitimate journalist. Breaking "news" or fights before the UFC announces them. In Dana's eye, imo, he's stealing the thunder of the piss poor UFC marketing machine.

I can see him being champ. For me he has more upside than Whittaker.
I like gastelum but how can you say this compared to what whittaker just accomplished. Beating bisping would be less of a feat than him already defeating jacare and Romero

Gastelum has plenty of potential I just don't know how you can say he "has more upside than Whittaker"

I'd have to see Gastellum fight higher ranked contenders.

Whitaker legit beat #1 (Romero) and #2 (Jacare) ranked MW at the times he beat them. Other than Rockhold, I don't see any other top fighters he needs to beat.

Was he injured or just went ghost? Maybe he's still recivering from his breakup with demi lovato.

I'd have to see Gastellum fight higher ranked contenders.

Whitaker legit beat #1 (Romero) and #2 (Jacare) ranked MW at the times he beat them. Other than Rockhold, I don't see any other top fighters he needs to beat.
Whittaker also TKO'd Brunson who was coming off a huge win streak which included defeating Lorenz Larkin

Also beat Natal who was coming off a 4 fight win streak

Seriously, dude has beat some legit comp

I dont know man, cain has not really looked too good, granted he beat travis browne....but so has everyone else.

Cains best days might be behind him, we shall see

It just dawned on me that Chris Weidman hasn't won a fight since the USADA testing began.. I've got skeptical hippo eyes..

I like gastelum but how can you say this compared to what whittaker just accomplished. Beating bisping would be less of a feat than him already defeating jacare and Romero

Gastelum has plenty of potential I just don't know how you can say he "has more upside than Whittaker"

Honestly I think I'm still in denial at how far Whittaker has come. Homeboy lost to Court Mcgee at 170 and now he's running through the best MW's in the world.

I think Kelvin is going to be a contender and I prefer him stylistically to Whittaker.

That being said hopefully Gastelum beats da Chris this weekend and adds some much needed weight to my argument 8)

You have to give Cain the shot now because his body and health are garbage

You can also justify it IMO, he and Werdum were supposed to fight for the next title shot. Cain demolished Browne at UFC 200 and then Werdum looked lethargic against Browne at UFC 203.. and then of course Cain's trash health prevented their rematch

Reem got KO'd by Stipe at 203 and then went on to beat Hunt and then a somewhat controversial win against Werdum

I don't think Reem's wins necessarily scream for a title shot and tbh it seems like he just fought Stipe (it hasn't even been a full year).. and Ngannu still has plenty of years to get title shots

Honestly I think I'm still in denial at how far Whittaker has come. Homeboy lost to Court Mcgee at 170 and now he's running through the best MW's in the world.

I think Kelvin is going to be a contender and I prefer him stylistically to Whittaker.

That being said hopefully Gastelum beats da Chris this weekend and adds some much needed weight to my argument 8)
That weight might. It have been right for him. Training and cutting weight takes a told and although to a normal person it my look like he was fighting smaller guys, physically his body was drained and couldn't performed like he needed at that weight.

I haven't like Gastelum since the Ultimate Fighter ... Just don't see that superstar quality or potential ... I must admit I haven't paid any attention at what he has done lately. Both him and Chris are at a must win in my opinion.

I think Weidman needs a W at this point much more than Kelvin. Chris has lost 3 in a row and they likely wouldn't cut him with a loss but he'd prob be seen as a gatekeeper for the up and coming mws.

If Weidman loses this next fight, he should consider going up to LHW.

That division is so damn thin and super top heavy with Bones and DC.

Back
Top Bottom