The MMA Thread: DON'T ASK 4 STREAMS & NO GIFS- Islam vs Dustin on TONIGHT

I rarely trust how dudes physique looks when going into a bout

Don't care if D.C. Came in looking fat and if bones has a 14 pack

On a similar note Maia really is a huge ww. He looks a lot bigger than woodley than I would have imagined

You also don't want to be very lean going into fighting, means you're carrying too much muscle.

DC already mentally preparing for the L. Talking about "regardless what happens I don't need the belt to be happy"

D.C. Could have definitely beat the bones that fought osp

It's a no win situation when that happens though to be fair to bones

Osp looked totally unmotivated and uninspired. D.C. Would have toyed with him too

I rarely trust how dudes physique looks when going into a bout

Don't care if D.C. Came in looking fat and if bones has a 14 pack

On a similar note Maia really is a huge ww. He looks a lot bigger than woodley than I would have imagined
Woodley just a small guy

Remember when Conor stood beside him and they looked more or less the same size?

I know I'm late .. But just saw the Gastelum v Weidnan fight ...

I thought Gastelum wasn't a top tier fighter ... Middle to low (Althought he is still young) and the fight actually proved it. If it wasn't for that lucky shot he would of have shown nothing.

Last time JBJ fought for the title was back in 2011 and he stopped some purse snatchers the day of. I hope he stays put between now and the event. I'd hate for the fight to get canceled the day of.

UFC has seemingly done no promotion of the Lawler/Cerrone fight which I find utterly bizarre.

Then again.....

yeah that is weird ^ they figure this fight has sold itself though no need to spend more on promotion?

but yeah like dood said, woodley is SHORT for the division....but he got dat mass....he like conor, RDA height

Woodley just a small guy

Remember when Conor stood beside him and they looked more or less the same size?
True, he's not that tall

Conor definitely didn't look smaller which is crazy and they're the same height at least listed

Idk

Just saw Maia is listed 6 foot

jones looks relaxed and relieved to be back in the ufc
dc looks like he wants to kill him

interested to see who can handle their emotions once they step in the cage

Watching the weigh ins right now it's crazy how loaded this card is. Imagine if Sage, Korean Zombie and Doo Hoo Choi hadn't of gotten hurt!?

realistically, how does DC win this fight?

I think he has to stop jones, no way he can get a decision.

I feel jon has way more available paths to victory for this fight

we shall see

Ariel says this is the biggest fight in UFC history since its "the #1 pound for pound vs the #2 pound for pound". Do you agree?

I'm gonna be happy either way with the woodley Maia fight

If woodley wins he'd hold victories over prime lawler, one of the best strikers in the UFC in wonder boy and the best grappler in the UFC in Maia. All while largely being disliked and minimally hyped

Maia is one of my favorite athletes and it'd be great to see him hold a belt. Dude is nothing but class and rarely says anything negative or self promoting

realistically, how does DC win this fight?

I think he has to stop jones, no way he can get a decision.

I feel jon has way more available paths to victory for this fight

we shall see
Realistically I believe the most likely way for DC to win is to threaten Jon's back and choke him out. The game is unpredictable and rematches can be even more wild. DC probably won't be able to outwrestle Bones but it only takes one sequence to lock something in...

Second most likely is if Bones is suffering from ring rust and loses steam early, DC might be able to grind him out to a decision

I think DC can win if he can take Bones down and lay and pray

Odds for cyborg is -1300 lol

Back
Top Bottom